Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ClockPop5 (display time w/o exiting current app)
    SnapCalc5 (bring up calc w/o exiting current app)
    TipTap (tip calculator)
    Today (to get the PocketPC main screen on your Palm; wished it support SnapperMail)
    MovieRec (video recording)
    SoundRec (voice recording)
    FileZ (file management)
    Profiles (profile manager; hoping to see scheduling implemented someday)
    Profiler (another profiler manager; has scheduling now, but resets my Treo since the 1.20 udpate)
    PalmPuke+CardKeeper (alerts you when SD is ejected and inserted)
    TreoOffOn (radio control)
    Alerts (no longer have to tap at the tiny asterisk on the top-left corner of the screen to view alerts)
    SoundOff (let's me know when my phone is in mute mode)
    Disable Buttons (disables the 4 hardkey buttons from turning on the Treo)
    Graffiti Anywhere 2 (for times I need to use graffiti)
    QSet (for picture enhancement)
    TreoHelper (I use this to lock my Treo via SMS)
    TowerClock (plays a sound every hour; I've set it to play during my work hours, so I know how much faster I need to work )
    Directory Assistant (when working)
    iNoah (dictionary)
    TreoGuard (the "disable keys" feature is free)
    I downloaded ClockPop5 and installed on Treo600 with the 1.20 update. I can't seem to configure it to pop the clock up when I hold down the key. I installed only the clockpop5.prc file. Any suggestions on how this is suppose to work? My key assignments are the Treo600 (sprint) default.
    Great info here - how are people using Today? Do you assign it to a button?
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky76
    Great info here - how are people using Today? Do you assign it to a button?
    hi,
    i set it to run if device is not use for 3 hrs. it's a great and problem free.

~nunuknanak
    Hmm...Okay, I have lots more to add to this thread, but here's two quickies tha come to mind that I've haven't seen mentioned suprisingly...

1) Moepaint - this has got to be the best paint program for palmos and it's FREE! In fact, I'ld wager it's just as good if not better than TealPaint!

2)VFSi - this is a great freeware txt reader/editor as well as image viewer! Very cool and great free alternative to isilo!!

Anyway, I got losts more to add later....
    Last edited by Gaurav; 05/22/2004 at 01:06 PM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    gfunk the link you gave for moepaint leads you to a site with all funny writing and stuff do you have another im going to try palm gear if i find it i will post the link

EDIT:i could not find the link on plamgear
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    PRANKSTAR scroll to the bottom of the page in the link that gfunk gave and you will see a link to version 1.1b7. The page makes absolutely no sense but you can find the link well enough to download the program. I have used it since gfunk posted it a long time ago on the forums before "THE CRASH" and it is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreePour
    PRANKSTAR scroll to the bottom of the page in the link that gfunk gave and you will see a link to version 1.1b7. The page makes absolutely no sense but you can find the link well enough to download the program. I have used it since gfunk posted it a long time ago on the forums before "THE CRASH" and it is awesome.
    It's a Japanese website...here is the direct link:

http://webclub.kcom.ne.jp/ma/tha/palm/MoePaint1.1b7.zip
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    o thank you
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    after installing clockpop5, man i dunno how i used my treo before. It is a sick sick app
    Can you use the camera as a still while still having the movie rec app ?
    I'll add a vote for
    Filez (indespensable)
    ClockPop5

I also love
    EasyCalc (editable calculator - simple interfact, powerful use)

Yaps (Yet Another Pasword Safe)

Frobnitz (allows you to run the old text games from Infocom - including (with some hunting) HitchHikersGuide to the Galaxy)

Mandals (Pointless and pretty)

Plucker - Fantastic generic (any webpage) replacement for AvantGo

Handstory (the free portion acts as a nice memo pad replacement)
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Anyone know of a good checkbook / bank account tracking application. I found this, but would like some input if you already use anything.

http://www.freewarepalm.com/financial/mycheckbook.shtml

TIA, Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyfur
    Blocks (Tetris clone)
    PacDude (PacMan clone)
    Plummer Pete (pipe game)
    Where might I find these three
    Previous User of T-Mobile Pocket PC Phone Edition, Now Using T-Mobile Treo 600, Firmware v3.05, Software v600-1.12-ROW, Palm OS v5.2.1, Hardware B, Handspring Phone v1.0
    Quote Originally Posted by treotim
    ClockPop5- nice little program that pops up a clock when you hold down one of the hard keys - and most importantly, goes away and returns you back to the application you were on when you let go of the hard key. Works great with keyguard on.
    I just installed it on my Treo 600 and it doesn't seem to work too well with keygaurd on. If I assign it to the right hard button, I can press that one and then press it again and hold it to get the time. But I can't just press it an hold it to get the time. And it doesn't work with any of the other buttons and keyguard.

Is that the behavior you get?

-Sim
    I tried ClockPop too. Doesn't look too nice. It didn't just jump right out at me so I deleted it.
    Previous User of T-Mobile Pocket PC Phone Edition, Now Using T-Mobile Treo 600, Firmware v3.05, Software v600-1.12-ROW, Palm OS v5.2.1, Hardware B, Handspring Phone v1.0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    after installing clockpop5, man i dunno how i used my treo before. It is a sick sick app
    hofo_mofo,

You seem to like ClockPop5. Does the program work the way it should? Can you open the program when the t600 is off with one of the hard assigned buttons?

I would like the program too, except that I have to turn the t600 on first before it works. When I assign it to any of the hard buttons, when I press and hold the button, the screen doesn't even turn on.
    If you are looking for a good reliable app for a clock on the treo try this one. Works like a charm.

http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...02_beta3&cid=3
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo
    If you are looking for a good reliable app for a clock on the treo try this one. Works like a charm.

http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...02_beta3&cid=3
    Quote Originally Posted by mytreo.net
    If the device starts on the phone app, the keyguard message hide the time and date.
    i have the sprint treo and the clock is on the top and the keyguard message is on the bottome so i can see the time and date with no problem. is it different on the gsm treo's?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast