1.    #1  
    Does anyone else have this issue?...

After updating to 3.05 the system password text is masked by squares or rectangles when entered. This never occured with 3.04 or any previous FW versions I've tried. Is this an issue or a security feature? To me it doesn't look kosher. If its a security feature I would have preferred it to be masked by the traditional stars, not these fugly squares!

View the attached image to see what I'm talking about:
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #2  
    Bump

Does anyone else have this happen after upgrading to 3.05???
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I believe it is a security thing. I saw it when I used PDA Defense Pro.

Kirby
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
  4.    #4  
    I do not use PDA Defense. In fact I did a hard reset and tried this first thing and got the same result. It's in the firmware. What I want to know is if its normal for FW 3.05.
    So now your password is masked. So is mine. Circles instead of stars. Are you really taking time to CRY about this? How old are you?
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    I just upgraded my Treo 600 GSM and I see the same things: Squares as the password mask instead of stars. Hmmm, they must have changed it to accommodate those who have all ***** for their password and were concerned that others would see it on the screen.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by makad
    So now your password is masked. So is mine. Circles instead of stars. Are you really taking time to CRY about this? How old are you?
    You disrespectful newbie piece of sh!t!

You need to learn that this is a forum, a tool if you will, that us intelligent beings use to learn more about things by sharing our discoveries, concerns, etc., etc...

I was concerned that something in MY firmware update may have been corrupt, especially since that square character now being used to mask the password is notoriously seen through the PC world when something is corrupt.

A-holes like you really have some nerve. The only thing I ever CRY about is how errogant some jerk-offs like yourself can be. So bite me and **** off you troll.
    you silly kids, play nice
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    Is this an issue or a security feature? To me it doesn't look kosher. If its a security feature I would have preferred it to be masked by the traditional stars, not these fugly squares!
    It is a security feature. PDA Defense also masks the password with squares and not stars. Probably something common for the Palm OS?
    Last edited by cash70; 05/20/2004 at 04:14 AM.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Tut tut tut, such rude & angry words. let's quote your words on your initial post. "To me it doesn't look kosher. If its a security feature I would have preferred it to be masked by the traditional stars, not these fugly squares!"
    Read & weep. Sounds like crying over squares to me. The question stands... How old are you?
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by makad
    Tut tut tut, such rude & angry words. let's quote your words on your initial post. "To me it doesn't look kosher. If its a security feature I would have preferred it to be masked by the traditional stars, not these fugly squares!"
    Read & weep. Sounds like crying over squares to me. The question stands... How old are you?
    Yes, you're better than me and you're definitely more mature. I should congratulate you cause your sh*t doesn't stink and you're a much more decent human being....

Is that what you want to hear? Go away. You have contributed nothing to this forum so far. Until you do you are a leech.

Yes, I do use rude angry words. They are also a tool I sometimes use to degrade and shrink the egocentric pigs who disrespect me without warrant. If you think thats wrong or can't stand it then welcome to the United States. One of the great benefits is I can give you the finger and YOU have to soak it up... No one else cares.

Oh, and I guess its okay for you to b!tch about your space bar but its not okay for me to b!tch about the password mask. My space bar doesn't answer calls either. So what? Use the damn touchscreen or the 5-way nav. Effin hypocrite...
    such passion, this quest for justice is a shining example to us all
  13.    #13  
    I love you dutch
    Dear skillllz, if u read my space bar question u will see no CRYING. I was looking 4 away to reactivate the space bar to answer the phone. That was a functionality issue. Where as u... Boo hoo, there are squares instead of stars, boo hoo, sob sob. Ok, I submit to you, you win ( the foul mouth, & most ignorant award) do YOU feel better. In closing the question still stands. HOW OLD ARE YOU?
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    I love you dutch
    hee hee
  16.    #16  
    I'm not trying to win anything here. I want you to admit to being snotty for coming out of nowhere and taking the time to tell me I'm crying over something. I only wanted to know if something was corrupt, the rest of what I said was not as serious as you took it. But you, you're like the damn media. You snipped out one part of what I said and ran with it like there was no tomorrow. Why would anyone in their right mind honestly care if I said I prefer stars over squares?? Why would that person take the time to point out to me that it seems like I'm crying over it? Do you go around pointing out seemingly negative things you see to everyone?? I'm sure you do.

Your comments about my age are just as redundant as my opinion of stars and squares, but you know that cause you are more mature.. So in the end who's immature when you really think about it?? Or maybe its that you are so self righteous that you cant see your actions... Hmmm, that's definitely something to ponder.

Honestly, I'm no better since I'm sitting here fueling this fire and stooping to & below your level. Bottom line: Your smart I'm smart; Your dumb I'm dumb. "All in all is all we are". Now lets drop this and get on with real life. I don't want to hear anymore about crying over stuff on an Internet forum. People are crying somewhere for real over something serious. We are just retarded.
    nicely done!
    pthfthfffhfhfhfffff
    skilllz, you got skills. You took the time & energy 2 write that lenghty response. You even found a way of expressing yourself without the cursing. Hats off 2 u. Your testicles have finally dropped, you are now a man. I accept the terms of the truce... Except 4 the mutual dump part. Peace...