Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone upgrade yet?

Is it worth it?

Trying to decide.
    I think that the new features they have added to 8.0, make this a pretty compelling upgrade (my opinion). I was a little disappointed with some of their past upgrades, but I think this one is worthwhile. They may still be playing catch up with Dtbk5, but if you're going to stay with agendus (like I am) then you're probably going to want to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Anyone upgrade yet?

Is it worth it?

Trying to decide.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    I think that the new features they have added to 8.0, make this a pretty compelling upgrade (my opinion). I was a little disappointed with some of their past upgrades, but I think this one is worthwhile. They may still be playing catch up with Dtbk5, but if you're going to stay with agendus (like I am) then you're probably going to want to upgrade.

What features have they added that compelled you? I love Agenduns, but haven't even considered upgrading (again).
  4.    #4  
    Here are the new features:

New Features on Professional Edition only:
    -Support for multiple contacts on meetings*: it's now possible to associate a number of "attendees" to events, in addition to the main contact linked to the event itself
    -Dial, Send Email, Send SMS from Alarm Dialog: it's now possible to dial, send an email or SMS directly from the alarm dialog.
    -Support for 3rd party Email and SMS clients: Agendus now support sending emails and SMS via 3rd party email clients. Preferred messaging application can be picked from preferences -> Misc
    -Roll-Over Meetings: these are meetings that will keep rolling over to the current day until you turn off the rollover or when you complete them or delete them
    -Meeting Effects: It's now possible to individually assign a special effect to meetings, such as Strikethrough, Double Strikethrough and Underline

New Features on both Standard and Professional Editions:
    -Support for pictures on items: Agendus has been enhanced to support pictures on contacts and to-dos. It comes with a built-in JPEG library capable of quickly decoding JPEG images for use on contacts, to-dos and as wallpapers. Associating pictures is done via a new photo picker dialog, with folder browsing capabilities.
    -Picture support in to-do view: the to-do view now allows for picture display (view options -> show photos)
    -Contact View Photo Mode: a new mode of the contact view is now available, showing contact details along with the picture associated with them, if any.
    -Extended Birthday Support**: Birthdays and reminders are now available on all devices and not limited to the Tungsten T3 and TE anymore.
    -All-new Meeting/To-Do/Call dialogs: redesigned and highly enhanced new/edit meeting, to-do and call dialogs. The new dialogs focus on readability, ease of use, while allowing the support of features such as photos or location. The dialogs are now 320x480 and 480x320 capable.
    -Location field support*: location field on meetings is now supported, not only on TT3 and TE, but on all devices.
    -Completed to dos shown with strikethrough: completed to-dos now appear with strikethrough, please note you'll see this if you've enabled show completed items.
    -Solid Color as wallpaper: any solid color can now be used as wallpaper (preferences -> wallpaper).
    -Font Highlighting support: fonts in the views are surrounded by a white border when a wallpaper enabled. This makes it much easier to read the contacts and descriptions in your records and use a wallpaper at the same time."
    -Templating System for Meetings, To-Dos and Calls: Agendus now allows to save meetings, to-dos and calls as templates, and reuse them for creating new items.
    -Unified and extended default icon and background color for Meeting/to-do/address categories: the preference "colors and icons" now gives an exhaustive choice of color and icon combinations.
    -"Vivid Agenda" Rules: totally new functionality which allows to automatically assign icons to events based on specific words or sentences present in their description.
    -Messages icon in contact history: contact history now shows message status icons for emails (replied, forwarded, etc.)
    -Option to export contact history to CSV: contact history can now be exported in the memos as CSV file. Useful for reference and when using Agendus for time billing purposes.
    -Tone dialers support: Agendus now supports dialing calls via tone dialers. Any tone dialer application registered as "dial helper" is recognized and supported.
    -Support for Makespot Calendar Coloring: Agendus reads databases created with Makespot (a calendar coloring tool) and shows them accordingly in the various Month and Week View Modes
    I'm not realy sure about all the features you were going through so let me ask this question. I use Sprint's Business Connection to see my email in my desktop Outlook program. This obviously only can see the email if my Outlook is open and therefore downloads them from our ISP. I use Agendus to see my email if Outlook is closed the email still is sitting on the ISP mail client. Can Agendus be set up to see both. The problem that I have the Sprint's BC is that if it downloads a message with an Microsoft file attached, it will not open them in Docs to Go. If Outlook were closed, then Agendus interacts fine with DTG and I can get to my Excel files, edit them and resend them.

Thank you for your help. This is big problem.
    Alli,

There were quite a few changes that I liked, some of them cosmetic, and some that are quite useful. I first want to note, that some of the things I list may only be found in the Pro version. Not coincidentally, this marks (speaking for myself) the first time I think there is reason to consider an upgrade to the Pro version.

They have finally divorced the agendus Pro calendar, from the agendus e-mail client. They also have added in new options to make the "mail" and "sms" selections configurable. I like that, because I much prefer Snappermail to their default Iambic e-mail client (This involves the pro version).

They have also added in the option to have user configurable "templates." After first trying out Dtbk5, this was one of the things I really missed when I started to use Agendus. Another change that some folks might not have even noticed (but I really wanted) was to have "calls" now show in the Todo list (when "All" is selected within that list). This way, I can finally see all of my "calls" and "todos" in the same place (this is of course a personal preference). In addition to some of the aforementioned features, they have also added something called "vivid agendus." This is a feature that lets you assign an icon to one or more key words. So, whenever you use that keyword, the icon is placed in that meeting or todo. This is a feature that is bound to be improved upon with time.

There are quite a few other new and improved features, and lgreenberg has listed them in one of the e-mails above.

Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    What features have they added that compelled you? I love Agenduns, but haven't even considered upgrading (again).
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Anyone upgrade yet?

Is it worth it?

Trying to decide.
    They never fixed the bugs in 7.x.

They will never see another dollar from me.
    I purchased ver 7 two-three weeks ago, before I knew there was an 8 in the works. When I went to the site to check what products I could upgrade to, it let me upgrade to 8 for free.

Sheryl
    FYI they did not update the email part of Pro 8 (it still uses the 7.x email app and conduit) and you what that means... resets during smtp pull on our treos. anyways, the agenda part of it certainly looks much better and they claim that once their new email app is released (who knows when) it will be free to any 8.0 Pro user.
    Quote Originally Posted by scramer
    I purchased ver 7 two-three weeks ago, before I knew there was an 8 in the works. When I went to the site to check what products I could upgrade to, it let me upgrade to 8 for free.

Sheryl
    Here are the details (from their website):

Upgrading to Agendus 8 is free for all Agendus 7 customers that have purchased the product on or after April 1, 2004.

If the product has been purchased before April 1, 2004 then the price of the upgrade price is based against the following combinations:

- Upgrade from Agendus 6 (or below) Standard to 8 Standard: $19.95
    - Upgrade from Agendus 7 Standard to 8 Standard: $9.95
    - Upgrade from Agendus 6 Professional to 8 Professional: $19.95
    - Upgrade from Agendus 7 Professional to 8 Professional: $9.95

- Transition from Agendus 6 (or below) Standard to 8 Professional: $29.95
    - Transition from Agendus 7 Standard to 8 Professional: $19.95
    - Transition from Agendus 8 Standard to 8 Professional: $9.95
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I don't see much of a difference the way I use Agendus 7/8. But don't you find the contacts management in Agendus to be rather clumsy? I mean with the default contacts app on the T600, I can find a telephone number in 5 seconds flat by keying in half of a name and dial off immediately from there. With Agendus, you HAVE to key in the name EXACTLY as it's formatted ie. last name, first name and then stuff a finger onto the screen to dial (either that or tap vigorously with the 5-way).
    Reading over the complete list of feature additions/changes is impressive. I have been using the pro version, and being able to assign multiple contacts to an event may be worth the upgrade all by itself.

Thanks for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    Alli,

There were quite a few changes that I liked, some of them cosmetic, and some that are quite useful. I first want to note, that some of the things I list may only be found in the Pro version. Not coincidentally, this marks (speaking for myself) the first time I think there is reason to consider an upgrade to the Pro version.

They have finally divorced the agendus Pro calendar, from the agendus e-mail client. They also have added in new options to make the "mail" and "sms" selections configurable. I like that, because I much prefer Snappermail to their default Iambic e-mail client (This involves the pro version).

They have also added in the option to have user configurable "templates." After first trying out Dtbk5, this was one of the things I really missed when I started to use Agendus. Another change that some folks might not have even noticed (but I really wanted) was to have "calls" now show in the Todo list (when "All" is selected within that list). This way, I can finally see all of my "calls" and "todos" in the same place (this is of course a personal preference). In addition to some of the aforementioned features, they have also added something called "vivid agendus." This is a feature that lets you assign an icon to one or more key words. So, whenever you use that keyword, the icon is placed in that meeting or todo. This is a feature that is bound to be improved upon with time.

There are quite a few other new and improved features, and lgreenberg has listed them in one of the e-mails above.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Just received the free upgrade from v7.06 to 8 and it seems to be working well. Alot of usable new features although it seems to be a pretty large app. For anybody who purchased this before April 1, not a free upgrade which is not, in my opinion, the best business practice. However, Aagendus fits my needs perfectly and keeps getting better.
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    $9.95 didn't sound bad for the upgrade (far better than the $$ for Snapper!), so I went ahead and got it. Two things right off the bat: the wallpaper I've been using no longer works. Is there a new size/rez that you have to use for wallpaper now? And now that I can set Snapper as the default mail client, is it now safe to delete Iambic mail and save some valuable RAM?
    I upgraded from 7 Standard to 8 Pro. I also use Snapper, and chose to just install the Agendus PRC, and didn't install the Iambic Mail PRC. Works fine. So I would assume that you can safely delete Iambic Mail.
    You can delete the IAMBIC Mail app. I am using the new Pro V8 and I set it to use the Built In SMS app and the Built in Mail app. (Firmware 1.20)

I also like the idea that I can assign pictures from my memory card to contacts in my address book.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    I like the new revisions in version 8.0, but I agree with you regarding the "contacts" portion of Agendus. I do find it clumsy, relative to the way the default contacts app on the Treo600 handles things. In fact, I don't even use Agendus for quickly finding contacts. Instead, I use TakePhone, this works well and now agendus allows me to at least dial out using TakePhone's interface. At least Iambic gets some small amount of credit for allowing 3rd party apps to take over in the Pro version.

Quote Originally Posted by mustard
    I don't see much of a difference the way I use Agendus 7/8. But don't you find the contacts management in Agendus to be rather clumsy? I mean with the default contacts app on the T600, I can find a telephone number in 5 seconds flat by keying in half of a name and dial off immediately from there. With Agendus, you HAVE to key in the name EXACTLY as it's formatted ie. last name, first name and then stuff a finger onto the screen to dial (either that or tap vigorously with the 5-way).
    I use Finger Dial if I want to find a name/phone number fast. It is great! And it is not Skinnable
    http://www.fingerclick.com/
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970
    FYI they did not update the email part of Pro 8 (it still uses the 7.x email app and conduit) and you what that means... resets during smtp pull on our treos. anyways, the agenda part of it certainly looks much better and they claim that once their new email app is released (who knows when) it will be free to any 8.0 Pro user.
    I tried out all the betas for both these products (mail was first but they stopped to release agendus 8) hopefully new betas start getting released for mail as it was a LONG way from being stable on the Treo 600, crashed every time you clicked 'send', although they fixed the crashes on 'send and receive' , they say they are reworking the entire app (memory handling) as had far too many stability problems, I hope they fix it soon!
  20.    #20  
    Okay, I upgraded to 8.0

For the life of me I can not make the "wallpaper" feature work. Nothing shows up. I just want to try changing the background color to something else but it continues to remain the same. I tried an image too but it won't work either.

I tried a soft reset but it didn't help.

Anyone?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast