Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well the tiltle says it all. I am getting a reset when adding contact from the call log. Wondering if y'all have any ideas.

If your only idea is to search, don't waste your or my time by responding!

I searched quickly and couldn't find anything.

As always thanks everyone!
    Last edited by dutchtrumpet; 05/25/2004 at 07:41 PM. Reason: more info
    You probably have a corrupt call log database. I suggest deleting the file and starting it over. It's called PhoneCallDB and you have to use something like FileZ to delete it. You should also nuke it from your Backup directory on the PC.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the help! I tried that but am still getting the soft reset. Anybody else have any other ideas?

thanks!
    i have the same problem it started after i did the update
  5.    #5  
    bump
  6.    #6  
    bump
  7.    #7  
    bump
  8.    #8  
    bump please
    You have to do a hard reset after the update. Then, restore your data.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowza
    You have to do a hard reset after the update. Then, restore your data.
    ????? of course...my problem is when selecting add contact from call log my device resets.
  11.    #11  
    bump
    Reindex your contacts database. This kind of thing is usually related to a corupt index. Go into contacts. Select Options | Preferences and then select the list by option that is not currently selected. Hit OK. Then go back into the diaog and set it back to what it was. This may sort out the issue.

You may have a corrupt call contacts DB - not unusual. Reasser the fil from the desktop side by doing a desktop overwrites handheld sync on that conduit.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Poryphyron
    Reindex your contacts database. This kind of thing is usually related to a corupt index. Go into contacts. Select Options | Preferences and then select the list by option that is not currently selected. Hit OK. Then go back into the diaog and set it back to what it was. This may sort out the issue.

You may have a corrupt call contacts DB - not unusual. Reasser the fil from the desktop side by doing a desktop overwrites handheld sync on that conduit.
    Thanks for the suggestion...I just tried it but didn't seem to work. I also tried previously trashing the contacts db and that didn't seem to fix it either.
    What does the #*377 Error log say the error is?
  15.    #15  
    reset was caused while running "contacts"
    MemoryMgr.c
    Line:3726, Non-word-
    aligned handle

thanks for your help!
    Hmmm - so contacts is the culprit. Are you by any chance running another contact manager such as GoodLink or AddressPro or Agendus etc.?
    I had this once before, and it was caused by the old Aqua skin. Deleted that and the problem went away. Loaded the newer version of Aqua, that doesn't replace the Phone app, and it is fine.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by wallen
    I had this once before, and it was caused by the old Aqua skin. Deleted that and the problem went away. Loaded the newer version of Aqua, that doesn't replace the Phone app, and it is fine.
    THANKS that was it
    This fixed mine also... but here's my question:

I happen to like the old Aqua skin, simply because I can keep my wireless connect and disconnect screens (I don't like the Sprint version of the screens). I also don't want to install the new Aqua skins to ROM. If I choose to uninstall the new Aqua skin, I wanna have that choice. I don't care about the Favorites skin too much either - I don't use them.

Am I missing something? Is it a way to install the new Aqua skins without "permanently" installing them?
    I have this same issue, a soft reset when I tap the "add contact" button from the call log, however, I do not use Aqua. The only other app that I can think of that might be causing this is the DAAK program that disables the space key on an incoming call. Any other ideas?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast