1.    #1  
    I updated a few days ago. My phone continuously reset. I tried hard reset, re-installing the updater, hard reset again.

After calling Sprint Customer Support, the guy told me:

"Sprint does not support this update."

I finally had to take my treo to the local Sprint report for diagnosis - where they promptly replaced it.

My question is - should I try the update on this new phone and risk life and limb again? Or just use it as is. BTW - I am a college graduate and feel I followed the instructions to the letter - just in cast anyone wants to write: "well, if you follow the instructions EXACTLY..." ;-)
    If you are happy with the way the phone works before the update than don't update it. If there is a feature or improvement in the update you require than go for it.
    After several Palms and their updates my suggest is to back the thing up to an SD card...perform a hard reset...perform the update (sync to a new empty profile) and then restore your old data from your backup.
    I know it may work the way Palm suggests but they can't possibly test it against every piece of software you may have on the machine...so why take the chance? Using the backup/hard reset method also tends to be faster if you have a lot of stuff on the machine.
    theatreguy, they promptly replaced your treo? jeez, mine's on backorder! do sprint stores order from different places?
  4.    #4  
    hmmm....i guess so. i took mine in for diagnostics, returned to the store an hour later and they said "we have to replace yours." and they did. a very good Sprint customer service story!
    Quote Originally Posted by theatreguy
    After calling Sprint Customer Support, the guy told me:

"Sprint does not support this update."

I finally had to take my treo to the local Sprint report for diagnosis - where they promptly replaced it.
    That's a bit of a contradiction isnt it? Sprint guy on the phone obvuiously doesn't know his arse from a hole in the ground.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson