Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 181
  1. #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by vinman
    ..What if this guy WAS for real, and you chased him away - and possibly our only chance to get a BT driver for our Treos?? What are the chances of that being developed now that the 650 is out??
    Vince
    In that case I have a friend who just informed me that the new Treo 660 will also wipe your a$$ for you so you can keep reading your newspaper on the lavy. He sent me the unit and it works a treat. Please dont ask for photographic proof as I am quite shy and you will also frighten me away.....Just take my word for it OK ?
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
  2. vinman's Avatar
    Posts
    443 Posts
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    #162  
    As any REAL Treo user knows, you wipe your a$$ with the newspaper while you read the news on your Treo. I'm afraid I WILL have to see that photographic evidence as your information sounds sketchy, at best.

    Vince
  3. #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by vinman
    Personally, I have no reason to think this guy was lying. I think he got tired of being called a liar. I would have left the forum, too. Simple proof would have been to ask him for a screen shot of the BT software on the Treo - but no; people wanted to take out their frustration on this guy who simply wanted to share some hopeful info. It was probably a combination of not wanting to get his friend in trouble and being treated with such disrespect. I really think MOST everyone here is great, but then I read a thread where a few people act so immature that I realize there is no true utopia. What if this guy WAS for real, and you chased him away - and possibly our only chance to get a BT driver for our Treos?? What are the chances of that being developed now that the 650 is out??
    Vince
    What are the chances that tpinfo4 and vinman are the same person? Good to hear from you again. Not. We don't get fooled again. Troll elsewhere.

    BTW, just reading through this thread for the first time, wasn't anyone suspicious of his handle? A guy posting dubious info for the first time with the handle, TPINFO? Isn't TP what Cornholio/Beavis needed for his bunghole? TP = Toilet Paper. TP INFO = Toilet Paper Information, or info you could wipe your bungholio with. Didn't exactly need to be Fox Mulder to unravel the truth about that one.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  4. #164  
    man I thought the same thing, but I didn't want to get all pelican briefish....
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
  5. vinman's Avatar
    Posts
    443 Posts
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    #165  
    OMG, you guys are idiots. I don't know why I bothered trying to make you understand the concept of empathy. You're obviously too juvenile to understand it. Have fun with your conspiracy theories...
    Vince
    oh, I'm probably "seldomvisitor" too, huh?
  6. #166  
    I dunno, are you? lol everybody chill out. If there were a BT SD for the T600 we'd know about it by now.
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
  7. vinman's Avatar
    Posts
    443 Posts
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    #167  
    y'know, I was just looking through the threads and noticed that I missed this one when it first came out. I read it just for s***s and giggles and was totally apalled at the way this guy was bombasted. I like to think this is an open minded, mature forum where adults can come to talk about the gadgets we all love and to occasionally problem solve. I'm sorry but I do find it irritating when folks like those who were so disrespectful show up and start throwing rocks at somebody. It discredits us all when we stand by or worse, join in. I have no hidden motives and no alias. I just hoped to make those who acted so childishly (hopefully) see it. I didn't figure on being accused of being someone else - nope, didn't see that one coming. jeez.

    i'm the best in the east,
    i'm a wild and crazy beast -
    i'm the
    vinman
  8. #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by vinman
    OMG, you guys are idiots. I don't know why I bothered trying to make you understand the concept of empathy. You're obviously too juvenile to understand it. Have fun with your conspiracy theories...
    Vince
    oh, I'm probably "seldomvisitor" too, huh?
    You have empathy for a guy with the handle that is an acronym for Toilet Paper Info who claimed he had a Bluetooth driver 7 months ago (that we now know never existed) and also posted a picture of a Treo 600 with the antenna chopped off swearing it was the new Treo but somehow WE'RE the idiots?!?

    Either your tpinfo4 or a complete fool. It's your choice. Choose wisely.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  9. vinman's Avatar
    Posts
    443 Posts
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    #169  
    I have empathy. It's not an attribute one has for a certain person. Oops, here I go again trying to explain the concept to someone doesn't have the capacity to understand it. My mistake. Tell you what, call me whoever you want. It's just not important enough to continue this interaction. Please, though - get some help with your unhealthy obsession for Beavis and Butthead. Unless, of course, you are really one of them...
    "Choose wisely"
    Vince
  10. #170  
    First, tpinfo4 was caught lying about the BT drivers sometime back. He admitted it later. Review the old discussions.

    Second, the tpinfo4 fraud inspired the BT bounty which was up for months and at several thousand dollars. It was all over the net including slashdot. If the BT drivers could be developed by a programmer or two they would have done it for the publicity alone. "Coincidently", the Treo Ace (650) was leaked soon after the BT bounty made the news. The leak of the Ace deflated interest in the BT bounty.

    The only way to get BT drivers is through something like the BT bounty. Palm sure as hell doesn't want them to come out after the beating they've received regarding the 650's problems.
    Last edited by manorton; 12/15/2004 at 10:22 PM.
  11. vinman's Avatar
    Posts
    443 Posts
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    #171  
    manorton,
    I was unaware of all the "problems" induced by this thread in particular. My problem with the whole thing was just the attitude by a few of the members. I guess I had gotten my fill of members like, well, we all know the inflamatory people on this board. Fortunately, there are only a few. My apologies if I over reacted.
    I totally agree that Palm will never address BT with the 600, but the apparent wi-fi driver breakthrough that is happening right now is promising - though no thanks to PalmSource. Anyhow, I agree to drop this whole thing. I hope all concur...
    Vince
  12. #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by vinman
    manorton,
    I was unaware of all the "problems" induced by this thread in particular. My problem with the whole thing was just the attitude by a few of the members. I guess I had gotten my fill of members like, well, we all know the inflamatory people on this board. Fortunately, there are only a few. My apologies if I over reacted.
    I totally agree that Palm will never address BT with the 600, but the apparent wi-fi driver breakthrough that is happening right now is promising - though no thanks to PalmSource. Anyhow, I agree to drop this whole thing. I hope all concur...
    Vince
    You post too much in this thread. Just sit back and STFU. We are all growing tired of your pathetic attempts at slamming us because of us wanting toliet paper info to put up or shut up. You suck at the internets.

    Get it........ you=teh suck

    If you have something to contribute then post it up. All the bull**** that goes on in the forum is becuase of people like you that can't keep their traps shut about how to treat someone on the internets. Do yourself a favor and don't ever demand or offer advise about how to treat others on the net. You and the comments you have made are wastes of bandwidth.

    Let me put it this way. If I see your lame azz suggestions again I'm going to make it my personal mission to bring hell to your life.

    Bottom line. Read the stickies, read the thread and then if you feel like you can contribute something good then post away to your hearts content.
  13. vinman's Avatar
    Posts
    443 Posts
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    #173  
    chris,
    Very eloquently stated. Contrary to your advice that I not make any more suggestions, I have one for you. If you find my posts on this forum so purile and pedantic, simply add me to your ignore list. It's quite a nice feature in that after you are added to mine, I'll be spared having to try to decipher any more of your incoherent ramblings. You should feel free, however, to keep typing away to your heart's content as practice makes perfect - one can only hope.
    Vince
    Former long term user of the Treo line, then on to the HTC 8125/8525. Now I have graduated to the iPhone. For the first time since getting my first Treo 600, I am not constantly scanning the web looking for a better converged device.
  14. #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Snow
    Let me put it this way. If I see your lame azz suggestions again I'm going to make it my personal mission to bring hell to your life.
    Hmmmm......attack of the TreoCentral member. I'm sure Vinman will leave a light on tonight because he's so frightened.

    Leave Vinman alone. He can have his own opinions.

    By the way, did anyone think that TPInfo could have meant "Treo Phone Information" or any other two random words started by the letters T and P?
  15. #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Snow
    You post too much in this thread. Just sit back and STFU. We are all growing tired of your pathetic attempts at slamming us because of us wanting toliet paper info to put up or shut up. You suck at the internets.

    Get it........ you=teh suck

    If you have something to contribute then post it up. All the bull**** that goes on in the forum is becuase of people like you that can't keep their traps shut about how to treat someone on the internets. Do yourself a favor and don't ever demand or offer advise about how to treat others on the net. You and the comments you have made are wastes of bandwidth.

    Let me put it this way. If I see your lame azz suggestions again I'm going to make it my personal mission to bring hell to your life.

    Bottom line. Read the stickies, read the thread and then if you feel like you can contribute something good then post away to your hearts content.

    disclaimer.....I HAVE NOT READ THIS THREAD


    Just clicked in and see a guy with less than ten posts going off on someone. I am familiar with this style and am sure i am next. I have been attacked for having too many posts before and am sure I will again so go for it!

    This veteran can take it!

    That being said....do not attack with vieled profanities here at treocentral. I do not know what forums you are familiar with but here we do not appreciate your crudeness.
  16. #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by vinman
    chris,
    Very eloquently stated. Contrary to your advice that I not make any more suggestions, I have one for you. If you find my posts on this forum so purile and pedantic, simply add me to your ignore list. It's quite a nice feature in that after you are added to mine, I'll be spared having to try to decipher any more of your incoherent ramblings. You should feel free, however, to keep typing away to your heart's content as practice makes perfect - one can only hope.
    Vince
    I have no need for the iggy feature. Thanks for suggestion. In all seriousness, you are profoundly lame. You haven't contributed one valid idea in this thread pertaining to the subject. It seems like you are more the Team America World Police type. Big brother watching over all that can't handle their own. IMO, post count doesn't matter. I am a member of a very select few forums. I will post up when I see pricks like you get their panties in a twist over words on the internets. I will be astounded if you contribute one valid piece of information to this thread.

    How about this? You edit and delete all of your lame World Police suggestions and I will be glad to make my suggestions disappear too. I love to surf this forum and soak up teh knowledge of all of the treo techies on here. I'm not here to waste my time putting you in check. No other memeber/moderator has stepped up to the plate at this point to put you in check, that is why im speaking out against you.

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterFuhrman
    Hmmmm......attack of the TreoCentral member. I'm sure Vinman will leave a light on tonight because he's so frightened.

    Leave Vinman alone. He can have his own opinions.

    By the way, did anyone think that TPInfo could have meant "Treo Phone Information" or any other two random words started by the letters T and P?
    Sure I feel bad about taking action against another member on here. This is one of the few forums that have very few personal attacks. Everyone has been extremely respectful and tolerant of others from what I have seen. Bottom line is. He spouts off about what others should do or say when he isn't educated or enlightened to the subject at hand. I have little to no respect for people that open their traps with idealistic thoughts about how people should be treated when they have no prior knowledge of the big picture (big picture = each entire page of this thread).

    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    disclaimer.....I HAVE NOT READ THIS THREAD


    Just clicked in and see a guy with less than ten posts going off on someone. I am familiar with this style and am sure i am next. I have been attacked for having too many posts before and am sure I will again so go for it!

    This veteran can take it!

    That being said....do not attack with vieled profanities here at treocentral. I do not know what forums you are familiar with but here we do not appreciate your crudeness.
    Dood, comeon..... Have you read his previous post/s before I stepped up to the plate? I will continue to surf in here regardless of you telling me to attack or not attack. I'm sure you speak for the entire forum? This guys previous crap should have been filtered out immediately. I'm done helping cut down Mr. World Police. Hopefully he will sit back and STFU.
    Last edited by Christian Snow; 12/17/2004 at 12:15 AM. Reason: misspelled words
  17. #177  
    burp... excuse me.
    Last edited by treobk214; 12/17/2004 at 04:45 PM.
  18. #178  
    wtf?
  19. #179  
    At least he checks his spelling. Thank you for that.
  20. #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    disclaimer.....I HAVE NOT READ THIS THREAD .
    TRANSLATION: I have absolutely no idea what any of you are talking about. Therefore, the following comments may not make ANY sense at ALL in the context of this thread so I apologize in advance for the rest of what I'm about to write, if so. Basically, I saw an opportunity to get preachy about something and just couldn't resist.

    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Just clicked in and see a guy with less than ten posts going off on someone. I am familiar with this style and am sure i am next. I have been attacked for having too many posts before and am sure I will again so go for it!

    This veteran can take it!
    TRANSLATION: I have a punching bag personality. PLEASE! Hit me again!! Thank you. Another? Please... :'(

    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    That being said....do not attack with vieled profanities here at treocentral. I do not know what forums you are familiar with but here we do not appreciate your crudeness.
    Speak for yourself. I found nothing to be profane. I'm assuming that the Team America World Police reference was to the Film Actor's Guild characters in the movie. If so, it's right on the money. I appreciated it as many others probably did. Only Alec Baldwin and company would defend a caught liar like Toilet Paper Info just as they defended Kim Jong Il in the movie.

    It cracks me up that Vinman started off the whole thing by attacking people who called Toilet Paper Info a liar. Even though they were right. So why didn't you go off on Vinman for his personal attacks on others?!? Oh I forgot, you admitted that you have absolutely no idea what is going on in this thread.(see above) Did you ever hear the phrase, "Look before you leap."? Well you just tread in it.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions