Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    If it is possible, it will happen. For those of you who remember, a driver for the NX70 CF slot was a dream until a third party developed one.
    Have you heard Marillion's Marbles? www.Marillion.com

PalmPilot, Palm 512K, Palm V, Sony Clie N760C, Sony Clie NX-70V, Treo 600, Sony Ericsson P900, BlackBerry 7100t, Siemens SX1, Nokia 7710, Siemens SK65, Treo 650... Currently, Treo 700P.

Yes, I have a problem and I am trying to get help.
    My two cents: if he did have palm developed bt drivers and posted them without permission from Palmsource, we should assume there would be legal ramifications for both him and his "source" (heck, they caught the Halflife 2 code thiefs). Why is everyone demanding links? Do we want BT so bad, we don't care how unethical unauthorized code distribution is?

Palm absolutely has bt drivers that work with the treo 600 or there would be a statement by palm confirming bt is NOT and never WILL be possible...

Demanding homebrew drivers from someone who spent the time reverse engineering them, well, that's entirely different!
    maybe not post them then. maybe they might just appear in out inboxs from some unknown person
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by PAC
    BT and WiFi can already coexist.
    Agreed. I regularly use a bluetooth mouse while wirelessly surfing the net with my Dell 600M laptop. I would imagine there are a lot of MAC users out there who could vouch for this as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    maybe not post them then. maybe they might just appear in out inboxs from some unknown person
    How about just a picture of his desktop and the treo with bluetooth running as someone else suggested earlier
    well yeah but if he wants the money we will have to get the drivers- it is going to be on the treocentral homepage soon (i think)
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Looks like it

See
    Reward/bribe for Blue Tooth Treo 600 driver

well yeah but if he wants the money we will have to get the drivers- it is going to be on the treocentral homepage soon (i think)
    great i hope he does share them

My idea was that the real "he" hasn't been identified.

tpinfo4 was a fraud but the scenario was believable. Perhaps we can get what we want via publicity or a $reward$.

great i hope he does share them
    O Right I Must Have Missed A Bit Well Who Ever Has These Drivers There Money To Be Made

Quote Originally Posted by ronstoney
    Do we want BT so bad, we don't care how unethical unauthorized code distribution is?
    Yes
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    bt headsets suffer great interference from wi-fi.

other peripherals, with lower bandwidth needs, are affected much less.

apples non-interference is a proprietary power mgmt implementation.
    thought: palm knows the demand for bt for the treo is mega huge, and they know they have integrated bt in the next treo, so why not make everyone buy the new pricey treo 610 or whatever it's going to be called? Maybe an upgrade for 600 as someone suggested for 300? This way, for gadget head upgraders, they get a working 600 back they can resell, the over priced upgrade cost for the new model which adds to sales numbers for the new model, this projecting them as top sellers...
    Belkin DOES make a BT SD card. In fact they make 2 of them. The first being a BT only, the second comes with a PCMCIA sleeve it slides into making it usable in a laptop...hence tanviri you are wrong...
    Quote Originally Posted by tpinfo4
    I just picked up the Belkin SD Bluetooth card. My friend is a programmer for Palm. I called him this morning and asked him and 1 hour later he e-mailed me the software drivers and an application for it to work in my Treo. It actually works with my Bluetooth headset and laptop. I didn't think they had software drivers, but I guess it has been in beta for a while he said.
    So...

what ever happened to this? If you got drivers and an SD cart to work on a 600, what makes your 600 so special that this couldn't be used on everyone elses? Ill live with 2 out of 15 dropped calls. Is there a PO box we can mail cash to to get the drivers?

Have a secret PayPal I can donate to?
    Sorry eak, but this claim of BT drivers was a pain in the a#s all thru the early summer. This guy claimed to have the drivers and got everyone all riled up. Never did come thru. Probably some 16 yr old kid getting a thrill on all the attention. Whatever floats your boat I guess. There are no BT drivers.
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    Quote Originally Posted by Magohn
    Sorry eak, but this claim of BT drivers was a pain in the a#s all thru the early summer. This guy claimed to have the drivers and got everyone all riled up. Never did come thru. Probably some 16 yr old kid getting a thrill on all the attention. Whatever floats your boat I guess. There are no BT drivers.
    Yes, someone (tpinfo4) did claim to have BT drivers; he also stated that he rec'd them from a friend who could loose his job if word of this got out. Many of us gave up on asking him to ask his friend if he'd release them because all he provided was excuses. Here's the thread if you want to read about it: Got Sd Bluetooth Card To Work!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    i think tpinfo4 IS A LIAR
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    Personally, I have no reason to think this guy was lying. I think he got tired of being called a liar. I would have left the forum, too. Simple proof would have been to ask him for a screen shot of the BT software on the Treo - but no; people wanted to take out their frustration on this guy who simply wanted to share some hopeful info. It was probably a combination of not wanting to get his friend in trouble and being treated with such disrespect. I really think MOST everyone here is great, but then I read a thread where a few people act so immature that I realize there is no true utopia. What if this guy WAS for real, and you chased him away - and possibly our only chance to get a BT driver for our Treos?? What are the chances of that being developed now that the 650 is out??
    Vince
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast