Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    I for one have believed tpinfo4 from the beginning and think that this may be a masterful attempt by Palm to credibly leak this to the community to guage the level of interest in the bluetooth capability. The point we all have to remember is the device has to have a driver that melds it to the bluetooth standards that need to be written to. The bluetooth device then communicates to those STANDARDS which means as long as the profile is there the driver does not care which brand of card/hardware is involved. This is the same ideals that Microsoft uses when dealing with devices (is: in the MS world a printer is software not hardware). Thank you for looking past the naysayers tpinfo4 and for your courage to come back here when those who get their jollies from attacking others because they have no life have given you such grief.

GEH
    interesting
    You're going to email them out or place on a public web site for download?

Quote Originally Posted by tpinfo4
    I find all of this talk amusing, since I have gotten it to work.

Hint: It is not the developing that is the problem, it's something to do with the marketing. Do you really think they were not going to figure out the programming fot the Treo 600? They did it for their other palms.

Palm programmers didn't even start programming till 3 days before I got my Beta software. I recently got another updated driver and it works just fine with my Bluetooth built in car.

When I get the OK, I'll email out the driver.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    uh hello.. how hard is it to post a link anyway? oh wait.. its not hard at all!need hosting space? give me a PM ill hook u up! just stop teasing everyone. its sad and pathetic
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Are there any BT devices that connect to the serial connection
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I think you all need to see what this guy is doing. Take a look at this other thread where TPInfo4 says that he has a picture of a Treo610. Do you still believe him?

You be the judge! Excuse me if I'm not a believer.

nuff said....

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=52197
    That is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    I think you all need to see what this guy is doing. Take a look at this other thread where TPInfo4 says that he has a picture of a Treo610. Do you still believe him?

You be the judge! Excuse me if I'm not a believer.

nuff said....

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=52197
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I'm sure he's sitting there reading these forums going "jesus what riot" laughing his rear end off at the uproar that he's caused. I can't say he seems even remotely credible, and I'm not even one to care much about bluetooth as I have no other BT devices. In all honesty, I'd like to see PalmOne take the Zire Z72, shrink it down a bit, and make a phone out of it.
    Please excuse me, but....

Told you so! Told you so!!!! Nyah Nyah Nyah Nyah!!!
    He could've kept this going for awhile if he hadn't posted the fake pic.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manorton
    He could've kept this going for awhile if he hadn't posted the fake pic.
    All good things must come to an end...
    Sweet fancy Moses! All these suckers...where is PT Barnum when you need him?

Here is the summary:

tpinfo is a straight liar. There are no drivers, and he has no inside contact. This has been one big ego stroke for him.

Crashless has made several comments that are right on track. Glad to see some sanity on this thread.

This is not a marketing issue (sorry tpinfo, nice try). Nor is it a carrier issue. It is a technology issue, both hardware and software.

I dare say you will not see BT in a Treo until maybe 2005....and I will tell you why.

The current version of BT sucks.
    Now before my Euro-breathern choke on their tea, perrier, and knockwust, (and my Americanos go into freak mode again), allow me to explain: the proliferance of Wi-fi make BT less useful due to interference.

And I am a big BT proponent, having tried every headset, phone and dongle on the makret.

However, the future for BT is 1.2, with adaptive frequency hopping. That way it will co-exist with wi-fi.

So, mark my words, if there is a Treo with BT over the next couple years, it will be 1.2.

But I am not holding my breath...I've had to give up on BT for now.
    How about offering a reward/bribe for drivers that work with a BT SD card for the Treo 600? Perhaps we have an accumulating kitty like a reverse eBay. I'll start it with $100 and everyone else can toss in their two cents. Is it something TreoCentral could manage?

There has to be someone within Palm, HandSpring or where ever that has done some work/experimenting on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Sweet fancy Moses! All these suckers...where is PT Barnum when you need him?

Here is the summary:

tpinfo is a straight liar. There are no drivers, and he has no inside contact. This has been one big ego stroke for him.

Crashless has made several comments that are right on track. Glad to see some sanity on this thread.

This is not a marketing issue (sorry tpinfo, nice try). Nor is it a carrier issue. It is a technology issue, both hardware and software.

I dare say you will not see BT in a Treo until maybe 2005....and I will tell you why.

The current version of BT sucks.
    Now before my Euro-breathern choke on their tea, perrier, and knockwust, (and my Americanos go into freak mode again), allow me to explain: the proliferance of Wi-fi make BT less useful due to interference.

And I am a big BT proponent, having tried every headset, phone and dongle on the makret.

However, the future for BT is 1.2, with adaptive frequency hopping. That way it will co-exist with wi-fi.

So, mark my words, if there is a Treo with BT over the next couple years, it will be 1.2.

But I am not holding my breath...I've had to give up on BT for now.
    WELL, TPINFO, IT APPEARS HES RIGHT. YOU HAVENT PROVIDED LINKS TO ANY SO CALLED BT DRIVERS FOR US TO DOWNLOAD OR TEST, SO WE HAVE TO ASSUME THAT YOU ARE ANOTHER PINOCCHIO CHARACTER.
    IF THIS IS THE CASE, PLEASE DO US ALL A FAVOR AND STOP IT. IF YOU ACTUALLY HAVE BT WORKING, OK, BUT IF NOT, PLEASE GET A LIFE. IT WOULD BE ENORMOUSLY PATHETIC OF YOU TO HAVE LED US ON A WILD GOOSE CHASE HERE, AND IT APPEARS YOU HAVE.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    well i now know pathetic can reach soaring new heights. thanks tpinfo4 for proving to all that lame knows no limits.
    That's it... run tpinfo4 out of town. Standard mob rules people, take one pitchfork or one flaming torch per person please.
    Man, this mob blows!
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrGuard
    That's it... run tpinfo4 out of town. Standard mob rules people, take one pitchfork or one flaming torch per person please.
    While I love a Frankenstein reference as much as the next guy (or is it Fraahhnkenshteeen? ;-) ), the old rules apply.

-Can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen

-Put up or shut up

-If someone does put up, eat crow accordingly.
    well theres now money for him to make if he share his drivers
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  20. PAC
    While I agree that this thread is silly, but BT and WiFi can already coexist. the 1.2 standard may make it better, but it does work now. I have often used my Bluetooth GPS while surfing via 802.11b on my iPAQ at the same time.

I'm not holding my breath for the magical BT drivers - I love my T600 just the way it is. But I have to point out that the T600 was designed and marketed having an SDIO slot, that's an industry standard. If a BT card confirms to the SDIO standard, there *should* not be hardware issues.

BT Drivers do obviously exist for Palm devices with similar specs to that of the T600. There is no good reason that the T600 does not have BT support via SDIO. Either Palm is lying in that the SDIO slot really isn't SDIO compatible, or they just don't want to (or can't) produce stable drivers for it. Neither is a legit excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast