Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1.    #41  
    I don't care if any one beleives me or not, I was just trying to give you guys some info. I was excited I got it working. The BT connection keeps dropping every 2 minutes, so it is'nt exactly working yet. My friend called me and said he can loose his job for giving me the file. He said they have been working on a new release of the software and it should fix all the bugs. If you think i'm playing around, just drop the subject.
    hey, i had no problems using the Treo 600 with my Sipic mini thermal printer...it may not fit in my pocket, but hey, what can ya do. Also, note that beer (or liquid in general) and treo dont mix, ask my second treo...which ended up in a fishtank...
    tpinfo,
    Please understand that several manufacturers have claimed to be making BT and/or WiFi SD cards for OS5 that will be available "soon" since the T600s came out. Seeing how nothing has materialized to date, there is a hefty level of skepticism on this board about anything relating to either.
    Visorphone>T180>T600>T650
    The whole purpose of this forum is for people to share each other's knowledge of their treo. If you post that you got something to work and don't say how or want to 'share' your knowledge then you shouldn't have posted it in the first place.
    Not to mention the fact that if it is indeed a secret, you have put your friend's job in jeopardy.
  5.    #45  
    Then drop the subject and move on with an another topic!
    TPINFO4, KEEP GOING FORWARD, BROTHER! IF YOU CAN PIONEER BLUETOOTH TO WORK ON THE TREO, BRAVO! AND YOU WILL HAVE THOUSANDS OF FANS.

id rather encourage a possibility first then shoot it down.

so good luck and keep those of us pulling for you updated!

all the best!
    bri
    So what.......treo 600 doesnt have a coffee maker......but you can do amazing things via SDIO........
    .no sig.
    It doesn't have a coffee maker??? WTF!!! Going back to store.... BRB

9. Jeb
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Man, you guys bite. The dude was only sharing info. All you numbnuts should kissoff. Sheesh.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    I can open a beer with my T600.

Granted, there's a bit more glass in it than I'm used to, but all that weight in the keyboard end works pefectly for taking the top off the bottle...
    you guys do know that if you look into your treo's memo application that you will find that it explains explicitly how to open a beer bottle with your teeth! and voice memo will even describe the procedure for you audibly! ha! would you imagine that! boy, this treo is wonderful! and you dont even have to go back to the store to find this out! oh yeah, and it also explains in fine print how you may prepare a warm cup of gevalia early in the morning! oh boy, skillz, so you dont even need skillz to do this - hot dog this thing is good.

but with bluetooth, we could disconnect our friends skillz and the other numbnut wirelessly, without ever having to log onto treocentral ... NOW THAT IS GOOD STUFF. see if you can swing this one tpinfo, so we can have the treo explain how to make these guys swallow their bold words, whole. yeah, now that would be beautiful! ahh,, technology
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    tpinfo - thanks for the input - too bad you can't share the drivers but you can certainly share our enthusiasm with your friend.

for what it's worth, this is about as close as I've heard anyone coming to a working prod ...
    Quote Originally Posted by drmrw
    Personally I don't care about bluetooth. I'm still bummed out that the treo won't print faxes on a tiny roll of paper that attaches to the top of the unit, won't cut padlocks with a laserbeam, can't open a bottle of beer, and won't do desktop digitial video editing while i'm in the car. I guess there's always the Treo 620.....
    I don't now where you've been, but a friend of mine (at Palm) gave me the sotware drivers that allows the Treo to print faxes on a little roll of paper that you havea to hold up to the screen. The only problem is that as soon as you remove it from the screen, the printing fades, so they are still working out the bugs. My friend told me to keep this confidential.

The laser works fine. What's your problem? It's kind of stupid to imagine it cutting a padlock, but I cut pats of butter for lunch every day with my Treo600. My friend said they are still getting FDA approval (because of the nutritional consequences of butter, apparently) so I really am not free to post the drivers for the laser, either. But they are really neat to watch at night, and if all the lights are turned off, you can actually control your TV wth it. Another reason he wants me to keep this under my hat, as well, is because I damaged a couple of controls on my cable converter, and apparently Palm is afraid of the liability issues. But if you look around the web, I think you can find the stuff to do the install yourself really easily.

It is possible to open a bottle of beer with the Treo600, but only if you've done the 1.20 update. I've already opened eight bottles tonight. The problem is sometimes the glass cracks a bit, instead of the blunt side of the Treo600, and my friend (at Palm) tells me, again, they are afraid of being sued. Plus there is apparently some political issues, as the Coors family has a big, but secret, investment in the PDA market and, well, you can imagine what my friend told me about that.

What's that about digital editing in the car? That's the most ridiculous idea I've heard and I suspect you're pulling our collective legs. On the other hand, I asked my friend (at Palm) about this, and he said to call back later because he was in his car, doing...well, you know what, and he's afraid that the FCC is going to shut him down because of some of the language. Frankly I don't believe him, but he swore me to confidentiality, so I really can't say any more.

I think if some of you put as much effort into solving your tech issues as you do trying to get friends (at Palm) to do that for you, you might find your friends (at Palm) telling their colleagues they've been sworn to secrecy, but some guy at Treocentral has all the drivers. For that car, too. At leMans.
    Quote Originally Posted by tpinfo4
    I don't care if any one beleives me or not, I was just trying to give you guys some info. I was excited I got it working. The BT connection keeps dropping every 2 minutes, so it is'nt exactly working yet. My friend called me and said he can loose his job for giving me the file. He said they have been working on a new release of the software and it should fix all the bugs. If you think i'm playing around, just drop the subject.
    Your friend doesnt sound altogether to bright if he knew giving you the driver could cost him his job. I dont imagine he is your friend now that you blabbed it to us. Perhaps his boss will try to find out who leaked the info and he'll get canned anyway.

Thanks for holding the carrot out for us though.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Well put Woof. I agree 100%
    Ibrahim B.

Kyo PDQ - Kyo 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo -650 (2) & now the Palm Pre. Will keep my BB World Phone Sprint
    heheh sorry about that man, its just its odd thats all

man i hope, i really honestly and truly hope that all this wil fine soon enuf, cause man it would make the treo 600 sicker than it is right now

ps, can i have your friends name so i can Narc him out tehehe
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis
    I don't now where you've been, but a friend of mine (at Palm) gave me the sotware drivers that allows the Treo to print faxes on a little roll of paper that you havea to hold up to the screen. The only problem is that as soon as you remove it from the screen, the printing fades, so they are still working out the bugs. My friend told me to keep this confidential.

The laser works fine. What's your problem? It's kind of stupid to imagine it cutting a padlock, but I cut pats of butter for lunch every day with my Treo600. My friend said they are still getting FDA approval (because of the nutritional consequences of butter, apparently) so I really am not free to post the drivers for the laser, either. But they are really neat to watch at night, and if all the lights are turned off, you can actually control your TV wth it. Another reason he wants me to keep this under my hat, as well, is because I damaged a couple of controls on my cable converter, and apparently Palm is afraid of the liability issues. But if you look around the web, I think you can find the stuff to do the install yourself really easily.

It is possible to open a bottle of beer with the Treo600, but only if you've done the 1.20 update. I've already opened eight bottles tonight. The problem is sometimes the glass cracks a bit, instead of the blunt side of the Treo600, and my friend (at Palm) tells me, again, they are afraid of being sued. Plus there is apparently some political issues, as the Coors family has a big, but secret, investment in the PDA market and, well, you can imagine what my friend told me about that.

What's that about digital editing in the car? That's the most ridiculous idea I've heard and I suspect you're pulling our collective legs. On the other hand, I asked my friend (at Palm) about this, and he said to call back later because he was in his car, doing...well, you know what, and he's afraid that the FCC is going to shut him down because of some of the language. Frankly I don't believe him, but he swore me to confidentiality, so I really can't say any more.

I think if some of you put as much effort into solving your tech issues as you do trying to get friends (at Palm) to do that for you, you might find your friends (at Palm) telling their colleagues they've been sworn to secrecy, but some guy at Treocentral has all the drivers. For that car, too. At leMans.
    This is too much
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    The issue with a BT SD card and the Treo 600 was power, or lack thereof. There were cards in development that showed promise to meet the low power specs of the Treo 600 SD slot, but they are still indevelopment. No amount of sodtware or drivers could make a currently available BT card work with the Treo 600.

Besides, I'm waiting for the Treo 630 that's also a fully-functional sex partner !!! It's complete with a choice of holographic partners and voice-types. It also has replaced the keyboard with a retina reader so all you have to do is look at it and it knows what yuou want it to do. I hear PalmOne has figured out how to get 30 hours of standby while upgrading the CPU to a hyper-threading P4.

AND...

It's only going to cost $99.00

I think there will be a post confirming this on BrightHand or Bargain PDA later next week.
    ^hook me up yo
    im gonna call mine jenna jameson
    Quote Originally Posted by tpinfo4
    Looks it's easy to prove yourself. Just post a pic of it connecting with your PC or a Bluetooth printer or something.......so get to taking pics and we will all eat our hats
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast