Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    o i didnt ask, can you send pictures and apps via the bt? or play 2 player games with bt?
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    as do i
    I would love to know what is so daunting about Bluetooth on the Treo 600. The standard SD hardware exists. The PalmOS (=>R5) supports drivers for this. The only issue outstanding is writing drivers that can be supported by this OS. The real reason it hasn't been done, IMO, is Sprint's general (and irrational) fear of BT as a way of dodging its current data service offerings ($80/month last I looked), which is ironically only relevant to other phones. Is there really anything anyone out there can point out that would prevent drivers from working on this platform ?. Lets have it ! Someone just needs to do the work, and I will be grateful to see it happen so this silly debate can end on this Board.
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipse
    I would love to know what is so daunting about Bluetooth on the Treo 600. The standard SD hardware exists. The PalmOS (=>R5) supports drivers for this. The only issue outstanding is writing drivers that can be supported by this OS. The real reason it hasn't been done, IMO, is Sprint's general (and irrational) fear of BT as a way of dodging its current data service offerings ($80/month last I looked), which is ironically only relevant to other phones. Is there really anything anyone out there can point out that would prevent drivers from working on this platform ?. Lets have it ! Someone just needs to do the work, and I will be grateful to see it happen so this silly debate can end on this Board.
    I believe it was something to do with the power to the card not being high enough. I'm sure it was a hardware issue and not software.
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipse
    Someone just needs to do the work, and I will be grateful to see it happen so this silly debate can end on this Board.
    And when this silly debate ends, we'll find another one to kick around for a while.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by tpinfo4
    I need to talk to my friend as he told me not to share the file as it is confidential. He told me Palm is supposed to come out with the drivers later on this fall, because their are a lot of problems with the drivers. Sorry.I'll let you knwo what he says.
    So if you can't post the drivers anywhere, why bother to start a thread? Is it just to gloat over th fact that you have BT working?

Please post the drivers, or let us know where we can "run in to them by accident" or give them to Mol's "little birdie"!
    Last edited by stynos; 05/20/2004 at 05:53 AM.
    I just picked up the Belkin SD Bluetooth card.
    This guy makes an account yesterday, then posts that he bought an SD card and is wondering if it's compatible, everyone laughs, then he makes this thread today?

See his first thread here

Sounds like a load of BS. Put up or shut up.
    Sounds too good to be true....
    .....and probably is. Would be nice though to see if these mysterious "drivers/software" comes up.
    Ibrahim B.

Kyo PDQ - Kyo 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo -650 (2) & now the Palm Pre. Will keep my BB World Phone Sprint
    Now why would tpinfo4 come back and post more info after all these reactions? Think about it: would you if you were him?
    well lets see eh...remember if it seems to good to be true, then its probably a hoax
    the "inside info" tales from geeks and wannabe geeks are almost always hoaxes.
    screenshot your treo and the blutuuth and show us the software that is inside your treo .. use a digital camera to proove ...
    well he has disappeared..well it seems that he has disappeared
    I for one believe it is a very realistic possibility Palm has worked out the driver issues and realizes the way to add BT to the Treo is through a SD card and not adding another radio chip inside the Treo itself. Compaq/HP has been working on this combo phone/wifi/bt for a long time and seems to be unable to squeeze all three radios into the same device so why not make the bt/wifi an optional external module. How many gazillion of us Treo owners could they get to buy this option? TONS of us woudl be pre-ordering. On the possibility of this option yesterday and the postings here I went to Amazon and ordered a BT SD card for $38. If nothing else I will figure out some other use for it. And those that think Sprint woudl not like us to have this feature? Think again. They are in an all out war with AT&T on data delivery and want to crush AT&T into the pavement so they will give us the ability to do this because their data product and infrastructure can and will support it!

Just my humble ramblings...

Glen
    One of the solutions that Compaq came up with was adding BT to an external battery pack and accessing it via the data port, I wonder if Palm are looking at this route as for me a combined battery & wifi/BT would be a great solution.
    I just picked up the Belkin SD Bluetooth card. My friend is a programmer for Palm. I called him this morning and asked him and 1 hour later he e-mailed me the software drivers and an application for it to work in my Treo. It actually works with my Bluetooth headset and laptop. I didn't think they had software drivers, but I guess it has been in beta for a while he said.
    I also got a programmer friend from Palm who recently sent me the beta version of the Treo 610. With the 320x320 screen, my pics and videos look awesome! I transferred all my apps over and I was surprised to see that I still had 40MB of RAM left! I would share pics of it, but I swore to my Palm friend that I would keep it confidential.
    erm.

I say give tha lad a chance....hey up he might have got into trouble with his mate...
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Personally I don't care about bluetooth. I'm still bummed out that the treo won't print faxes on a tiny roll of paper that attaches to the top of the unit, won't cut padlocks with a laserbeam, can't open a bottle of beer, and won't do desktop digitial video editing while i'm in the car. I guess there's always the Treo 620.....
    drmrw on a treo 600 gprs t-mobile

"One out of 3 people has two people standing next to them..."
    Treo 620??? Where?? Are there any articles over at Brighthand about its release date? Ooooh man, I can't wait. I heard it has a 22,000RPM 2500cc pull start motor with special built in API's for use with RPM 3.5, CamShaft5+, DriverHack2 (not an actual hack). Oh and don't forget about keyless entry and 200,000 Quadrabyte scheduled maintanence.
    You guys are too much...I had a laugh reading this thread
    I specially enjoyed the posts from TR30 down...hehehe...I love this forum
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast