Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    Is there really no way hot to get back to 1.11 INT? I was stupid enough to 'upgrade' my unbranded working Treo to the latest ROW update. Since that time my SMS messages are limited to 160 chars and my localization package (Czech) has stopped working. Any expert advice? Any patch? (Nobackup :-))
  2. #2  
    Maybe you can try setting a lower version number (I don't know, maybe 1.0) using TokenWriter, and setting the 'crnm' back to INT as well so that the previous INT updater accepts to 'upgrade' your device?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by euroclie
    Maybe you can try setting a lower version number (I don't know, maybe 1.0) using TokenWriter, and setting the 'crnm' back to INT as well so that the previous INT updater accepts to 'upgrade' your device?
    I tried this already with no success. It seems to me the updater reads the version info somehow on a lower level.
  4. #4  
  5. #5  
    When the unoffical 3.04 came out, i had a question and posted regarding how to backup the current firmware. I was told I could not do that. I could not find any 1.11-INT or FW2.12. it is the main reason I have not upgraded my phone to the latest fw yet. if they have 1.11-INT available, i might consider to upgrade my phone, and in case it fails, i can always downgrade back to 1.11.
  6.    #6  
    I found the way. Thank you for your time.
  7. #7  
    milan: would you mind to share which way you found which you can go back to 1.11 INT?

    thanks in advance
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by superfire
    milan: would you mind to share which way you found which you can go back to 1.11 INT?

    thanks in advance
    I simply took a way according Occam's razor rule (The most simple solution always works): I ran 1.11 INT updater (I have it - ask me and you will have it too :-)). When the updater complains about it's going to abort the update process due to a newer version installed I soft reset the device (at this moment all updater files are already uncompresses into the Treo RAM). Then after the reset I ran 'Device Customizer' app (one with the DC icon). After that no problem...
    Last edited by milan; 05/19/2004 at 03:50 PM.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by milan
    I simply took a way according Occam's razor rule (The most simple solution always works): I ran 1.11 INT updater (I have it - ask me and you will have it too :-)). When the updater complains about it's going to abort the update process due to a newer version installed I soft reset the device (at this moment all updater files are already uncompresses into the Treo RAM). Then after the reset I ran 'Device Customizer' app (one with the DC icon). After that no problem...
    THANKS!!! I previously installed the ROW 1.12 update, and when I went to install the Cingular 1.12 it wouldn't let me. Your tip worked!

    Michael

Posting Permissions