1.    #1  
    My girlfriend sent me a picture share with sound from her Samsung Vision phone, but how do I listen to the sound? I thought this was included in the new update. Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks.
    No kidding! this was one of my main reasons for switching, so I'd be able to HEAR my wife and kids, as well as see them. Is this maybe a future feature they're talikng about?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    This would be an awesome feature to use sound to send and listen to messages via picture mail. Ryan, can you help us out here?
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    it may not play the sound file that was sent.

anyway in telling what type of sound file it is?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  5.    #5  
    Bump
    The best way to see what is going on is to have someone send a picture with sound to a regular e-mail address. Then you can see what kind of sound file is assoiated with the picture... I'd do this but my wife's phone does not do sound...
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    it may not play the sound file that was sent.

anyway in telling what type of sound file it is?

Here's an explanation by sbono in the update thread (post #443)

Voice memo's are delivered to normal sprint handsets as QCP files, which were not supported by the Treo. My guess is that the the update introduced QCP support so it can play those files in addition to MIDIs, but the backend software that serves up picturemail webpages to the Treo has not been updated to include the Voicememo link. They may be doing that intentionally, to prevent people who have not updated fom getting a webpage with a voicememo link that they cant follow. Regardless, I'm pretty disappointed. They should at least have a note that says there's a voicememo you can't access...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=443

As I mentioned the thread, it would be awesome if some one could hack this in order to enable Picture Mail on the Treos. If QCP is already there, then it should be possible, no?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions