1.    #1  
    Anyone?...
    minor bug fixes
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    not much, other than one is official
  4.    #4  
    Someone claim the camera is better than 3.04...Anybody can confirm this?
    More importantly, if we've done one upgrade, should we do the official one, and if so, which?
    Quote Originally Posted by mdalim
    Someone claim the camera is better than 3.04...Anybody can confirm this?

i'm on 3.04 now and my camara is great.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    More importantly, if we've done one upgrade, should we do the official one, and if so, which?
    The PalmOne site seems to claim that each upgrade is actually different for each carrier. For example, the site gives as a feature of the INT upgrade: "Updated carrier settings for roaming to international networks". I had already done the CNG unofficial and just "reupdated" to the INT because I travel in Europe. Does it work as advertised? Dunno. Is it really different? Dunno. So far, the upgrade works fine for T-Mo. I will be in Europe soon and will be able to see for myself.
    I'm wondering if I can upgrade for T-Mo (my carrier), even though what I have is the original unbranded/unlocked Cingular handset. I quite honestly expected to have had to replace it by now and wind up with the branded T-Mo handset.
    I'm wondering if I can upgrade for T-Mo (my carrier), even though what I have is the original unbranded/unlocked Cingular handset. I quite honestly expected to have had to replace it by now and wind up with the branded T-Mo handset.
    It sure seems as if you could. As I've noted, I've gone from a Cingular branded phone used with T-Mo, to the INT 3.04 upgrade to the CNG 3.05 and now the INT 3.05 with no known problems, yet... All I ever had to do is use Tokenwriter.
    Did you have to use Tokenwriter both times?
    Did you have to use Tokenwriter both times?
    Three times. CNG to INT for the 3.04 upgrade. INT to CNG for the unofficial 3.05 and CNG to INT for the official other carriers 3.05.
    Post #2 I noticed that the sensitivity of the microphone dropped when going from FW2.09 to FW3.04. That seems to have been fixed now in FW3.05. Voice recording seems louder at the same sensitivity settings, and no complains from callers at the other end when using the speakerphone.

Anybody else experiencing the same thing? Or have my ears suddenly cleared out?
    not a biggie, but I noticed that after 3.05ROW it plays DTMF tones (I have preprogrammed my phone card access code) more slowly and with fixed intervals between them, I guess this is good.

also, I have the impression that 3.05 connects to GPRS a bit faster than 3.04 and also finds the GSM network somewhat faster when you turn wireless mode on.

As for tokenwriter - I went from 2.xxINT to the 3.04CROW and then to the 3.05ROW without using it.
    What is the very leatest version of the firmware , I have 3.04
    3.04 better than 3.05

- have super sensitive recorded mic causes distortion in audio
    - brightness is slightly lower than 3.04