1.    #1  
    I know there was a thread on this before, but I have a similar gripe.

I buy a product and within the first 14 days it has problems. Palm1 is paying for a replacement and shipping, but I have to pick up the return shipping (probably $5-10 plus some time going to mailboxes, etc.)

I guess this just rubs me the wrong way. I have seen companies do things both ways, either this way or actually pay for return postage in this situation (Dell is probably a good example here).

I could understand if I was past the 14 days, but come on here guys.

Personally, I would have preferred paying a $10 return fee and have them enclose a return packing slip. Less chance for me to screw the address up and would save me time because I could take it to my mailroom and not have to go to a store to ship it.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I guess I am confused. I bought mine thru ATT. I have had to return the product and get replacements 4 times. Not once did I pay any shipping. Not sure who you are talking to but that does not sound right.

rob
  3.    #3  
    I am talking directly to Palm1 where I bought the phone (which is why I titled the thread Palm1 return policy). I agree, ATT has a better return policy. They do pay for return shipping. I had cell service with them for about 7 years. I chose not to buy/discontinue my service with ATT wireless for a variety of reasons.

1) I wanted to get a smartphone and the Treo through Cingular IS NOT SIM locked. SIM locking bothers me and has for years. I have 7 phones that can never be used on a network other than ATT.

2) I got an unlimited data plan ($19.99 a month, always on connection… unlimited internet, including the ability to connect my phone to my laptop anywhere and download mail, oh and 1500 SMS messages and 200 MMS messages a month). ATT plans is $75 a month for internet part only. Game over there.

3) Overall plan is cheaper (not just along the lines of #2 above, but period)

4) My wifes phone is now 9.95 a month plus tax and she can share my minutes if needed. Much cheaper than I pay now.

5) I say if needed above, because mobile to mobile is no charge. She typically only calls me on my cell phone and there is no charge against minutes for that.

6) Rollover minutes (extra minutes stay on the books for 13 months and roll off… pretty sweet).

7) My cell phone rings in my house. I went from 0 bars to 4 bars. Now I can actually take calls and conduct business in my home office. What a freakin concept.

Only negative part I saw was overseas calls will be a bit higher… but overall, a much better plan. I didn’t want to wait a year+ for ATT/Cingular plans to normalize the plans out.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    You misunderstood my response. I should have been more clear. I am not returning the phone to ATT. I am dealing directly with Palmone tech support, and they are paying for shipping etc, not me (4 times). I never returned it to ATT as I wanted the latest and greatest rev. I ended up getting that, but it took 4 to get it.

rob
  5.    #5  
    Sorry... my understanding is after the 14 day window, there is advance replacement from Palm1 which 'may' provide shipping both ways, I don't know since I'm not there yet. My comment was about exchange in the 14 day window.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I wasnt aware there was a difference...