1.    #1  
    How DO you pull up the command bar?
    I have heard different programs mention it (such as LexSpell) but they don't say how.
    I don't have Snapper Mail so that's not an option for me, but I would like to pull it up b/c this seem to be the only way I can get my LexEpell to work.

Also I don't have graffiti...at least I don't think so...wait, actually I just checked my file manager in Zlauncher and there's a file in there named Graffiti ShotCuts, yet I've done the stuff they ask you to do to envoke Graffiti (stroke from left to right or something like that) and it has never worked. r is it that the stroke has to be done in a specific place on the screen?
    Plus it's only 508B, is that right? that's quite small...could I have deleted the real program by mistake.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    How DO you pull up the command bar?
    One easy (though not freeware) solution is to use Butler. In the "misc" section, you can activate up to two keys combo that will do exactly that (i.e. popup the command bar), by either pressing shift + Menu or by holding the menu key for a (short) while.

I use programs like ClipPro or Relate, or DA Launcher 5.1b3, which all rely on that command bar, so now at last I have found an easy way to make it appear on the screen without using Graffiti Anywhere or the like. Like I wrote, Butler isn't free, but even if this is the only reason you use that program for, IMHO, it's well worth the money!
    To be able to enter grafitti on the screen, get an application called Grafitti Anywhere.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by euroclie
    One easy (though not freeware) solution is to use Butler. In the "misc" section, you can activate up to two keys combo that will do exactly that (i.e. popup the command bar), by either pressing shift + Menu or by holding the menu key for a (short) while.

I use programs like ClipPro or Relate, or DA Launcher 5.1b3, which all rely on that command bar, so now at last I have found an easy way to make it appear on the screen without using Graffiti Anywhere or the like. Like I wrote, Butler isn't free, but even if this is the only reason you use that program for, IMHO, it's well worth the money!
    Problem with Butler (if I'm not mistaken was Treo Butler) is that I had it, but uninstalled it b/c it crashes my palm.

I went and got Graffiti Anywhere and found no place where I can or even mention the Command Bar.

This is what I see:
    two buttons: Enable, Disable
    Three tabs: Graphics, Activation, advanced

None of these tabs have anything saying or how to configuer the Command Bar.

Where is it?
    Can someone tell me.
    Thanks.

By the way, by activation, the set up is
    method: press & hold
    Button: hard button 1

But when I press and hold 1 nothing happens.
    What's going on.
    I have it enabled....so why isn't it coming up?

I second Butler!! Press and hold the menu button brings up the command bar for me! Works fine...

Alternatively, if you have zLauncher you can setup one of the top/bottom bar icons to the command bar as well...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    Problem with Butler (if I'm not mistaken was Treo Butler) is that I had it, but uninstalled it b/c it crashes my palm.
    Too bad (for you).

I went and got Graffiti Anywhere and found no place where I can or even mention the Command Bar.
    Indeed, G.A. doesn't handle the command bar as such. Simply select the method you prefer to active G.A., then perform the command bar swipe (a slash from the bottom left to the top right of the screen), and this will pop up the command bar. But IMHO it's faster to use Butler's activation, for those who can use Butler, that is...

By the way, by activation, the set up is
    method: press & hold
    Button: hard button 1

But when I press and hold 1 nothing happens.
    What's going on.
    I have it enabled....so why isn't it coming up?
    When you press the button 1 (and hold it) draw a Graffiti character on the screen, it will be added to the current text field, for instance. And if you perform the command bar gesture, this will make the command bar appear.

Hope this helps...
  7.    #7  
    Are you kidding me!
    Hollysh*t...I have the command button in my ZLauncher and didn't even know it.
    hahahahahaha
    I remember pressing on that rocket and something blank with abc on the right hand conner use to come up but nothing ever happened when i click on it so i never bother with it again...
    Wow...unbelievable...suddenly I feel dumb....ok...dang...i wrote in a misspelled word and it says the lexlib program module could not be found...no wonder the diggon thing never worked...

I should stop drag-dropping all my programs to the card as it seems I'm leaving behind files or even placing them in the wrong folder.
    Currently I place everything in Palm Launcher unless other wise instructed

Thanks everyone for your help
  8.    #8  
    Oh my god!!!
    I just so the chubby Taxi!!!!
    My life is complete
  9.    #9  
    When you press the button 1 (and hold it) draw a Graffiti character on the screen, it will be added to the current text field, for instance. And if you perform the command bar gesture, this will make the command bar appear.
    Maybe I'm missing something, but when press&hold 1 I get the voicemail (I change it to 4 instead) and when I press and hold 4 (in memo pad) I get Dddddddddd (I am pressing and holding on the D after all).
    Then I thought well maybe it's b/c i'm in memo and it will use the keyboard (it's imposible that I have to disable my keyboard b/c that just beats the whole purpose!) so i went and try the same thing in the all screen of Zlauncher...and nothing.

Please excuse me if this sound dumb but I have no idea what graffiti anywhere is and never used it before so I have no clue as to what to do.

I am following directions...honest...but the statement above is the results.

Ok so I just found another another way of invoking GA which is by tapping the lower right hand corner (tried left but had to change due to buttons being there) and finally see the command bar from GA...now that I know how to invoke this thing...what can i do with it...maybe i should check the manual again (I only checked it briefly b/c I was only interested in the command bar).

Ok so you wonder why i still leave the top portion eventhough i got it now...well b/c going back and erasing all that stuff i wrote makes no sense (since I took all that time to write it ) Thanks everyone for your help and feel free to add any other little tricks from GA which to me will be just about everything since i don't know anything except invoking the Command bar!

Eeuufff!!!! This is the longest post ever!!!
    Thank G! I didnt know this could be done. I just set mine up using the command bar in ZLauncher.

Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Alternatively, if you have zLauncher you can setup one of the top/bottom bar icons to the command bar as well...
    ~ ScandaLous ~