1.    #1  
    Installed an app, Mahjongg, it worked on my Treo300 (OS3.5), but when I put it on my Treo600, it wold go into a nasty reset loop, it would flash the reset screen, go black, then do it again, I tried to softreset, warm reset and everything, I could not recover from it and I didn't want to do a hard reset due to my last sync was at work (post ROM update) and my home profile was not synced yet.

Here is what I found...
    1. Start a HARD RESET, however DO NOT hit the up button to confirm it.
    2. Next perform a warm reset but make sure you HAVE SOMETHING STUCK IN THE RESET hole, BEFORE you hit the Up button for warm reset (other wise you will get a hard reset and not be a happy camper).
    3. Then go to the Application Launcher and go to menu and delete. Then delete the file causing the reset loop.
    4. Do a soft reset and all should be fine.

DO THIS WITH CAUTION, DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. You don't want a hardreset, nor do I want to be blamed for one

Hope this may help someone, Matt
    Something else you can try is perform a debug reset (page-down + reset hole), which lets your stop the reset loop, then perform a warm reset. I used that once, it might be something to try in case the rest fails to work...
    Burkhardi's solution is very workable. It makes the ROM decompression cycle complete for units above Palm OS 4.0. This ROM decompression into protected RAM space happens after a reset. It sometimes prevents a system/warm (up arrow and soft reset) from breaking out of a looping startup. I have tried this and it works. If the next alternative is a hard reset and you are about to lose all your data, this is definitely worth trying.