1. GTI
    I have a P1 branded GSM Treo 600 (unlocked bought after the TMo offer). It had SW Treo 600-1.11-INT and FW 2.12 and one problem: the mic does not work in Speakerphone mode (very faint).
    I upgraded to SW 1.22-CNG and FW 3.05 using the Cingular after changing INT to CNG. Phone worked fine, but no apparent improvement over 1.11/2.12 original version. Speakerphone mic not fixed.
    Since my phone was originally an INT version, when the 3.05 ROW upgrade was posted, I upgraded to SW 1.22-ROW / FW 3.05. Phone also works fine but speakerphone not improved.
    I see no obvious improvements in voice or signal over the original 1.11/2.12 INT version. I can record a short memo using SoundRec, which does pick up my voice when held like speakerphone. I think I'd just as soon have the original 1.11/2.12 SW/FW.
    However, in the Phone/Options menu, I no longer have an option to Select Network (search networks). I used to be able to use this and find all available networks (Cingular and two Cingular Extends (ATT, TMo?)). If I travel to Europe and buy a temporary SIM card, will I need to be able to Select Network?
    Anyone else have the Select Network option since upgrading to 3.05?
    Finally, is the 1.12-ROW/3.05 updater the right one for an original unlocked INT (TMo?) phone from HS?
    Regards, Bob
    Who is your Service provider? Cingular, AT&T, TMO ??
  3. GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by drknucklehead
    Who is your Service provider? Cingular, AT&T, TMO ??
    The unlocked GSM Treo is on Cingular at present; also considered TMo but decided to try Cingular since they have the option of a month-to-month plan. I had two Sprint Treo 600's; the first worked well, but developed two hardware problems. The second, a P1 Treo had a dead speaker out of the box and I decided to try the GSM Treo in case I travel to Europe. The Cingular service in the Washington DC area has improved over the past month as they hook up with ATT.

The GSM Treo was bought under the T Mobile upgrade offer, but is the unlocked generic option.
    Bob
    for me the option is still there
    Ciao

Ettore
    The newer firmware is more sensitive to the SIM's programming
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    The "Select Network" option in the Phone app menu is carrier-dependent (read in from the SIM). I know this first-hand because it was present with T-Mobile but not with Cingular SIMs on the same Treo with the same firmware.

Todd/Indy
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I would wait until the T-Mo firmware comes out and upgrade again. Then you should be given all the options that you were meant to have...

rob
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    I would wait until the T-Mo firmware comes out and upgrade again. Then you should be given all the options that you were meant to have...

rob
    I purchased Treo600 from PalmOne by selecting "Other GSM Phone". It comes with SW Treo 600-1.11-INT and FW 2.12. I use it with TMO. Should I update my Firmware using "Other GSM" from PalmOne?

Or basically, PalmOne shipped me a "TMO" (unlocked) phone at all?

By the way, for those people who bought a TMO Treo600 thru upgrade program from PalmOne website. Do you have any TMO branding on the phone? and as well as any TMO branding in your firmware?

(I have none)
  9. GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by superfire
    I purchased Treo600 from PalmOne by selecting "Other GSM Phone". It comes with SW Treo 600-1.11-INT and FW 2.12. I use it with TMO. Should I update my Firmware using "Other GSM" from PalmOne?

Or basically, PalmOne shipped me a "TMO" (unlocked) phone at all?

By the way, for those people who bought a TMO Treo600 thru upgrade program from PalmOne website. Do you have any TMO branding on the phone? and as well as any TMO branding in your firmware?

(I have none)
    My TMo Upgrade unlocked generic Treo 600 had only the Handspring splash screen when turning on the phone (3 antennas and the handspring flip flipping across the screen. No TMo branding at all, and the software was 1.11-INT

When I upgraded to 1.12-CNG/3.05, I just got the static Cingular logo on phone turn on. The 1.12-ROW/3.05 has a static picture of part of a Treo 600 and 3 small Treo's.