1.    #1  
    i have to retire my first treo today after a whopping 4 months due to my headphone jack breaking for no apparent reason...

what can i expect from a refurbished phone for those who have been through this already (which i believe is quite a bit)? are they more or less on the new side or are there scratches and dings all over the place? i'm worried
    I have sent back 4 phones for various reasons (mostly the speakerphone problem) and mostly they send out new phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    I have sent back 4 phones for various reasons (mostly the speakerphone problem) and mostly they send out new phones.
    Actually, they are all refurbished. The refurbished are as good as new (if not better).
    I have had a few refurbished Treos and you cannot even tell ... they look brand new.
    After having spent far too long (3 years) in the wireless industry, I would have to agree with others in this thread that any concerns that you have about refurbished products should be put aside.

With the sales of the Treo 600 coming so fast and furious for PalmOne, I sincerely doubt that most customers who are returning defective units to their respective carriers are actually receiving used units. I simply don't think that there are sufficient quantities of used units on hand.

In the case that you do receive a refurbished unit (you would most likely never know the difference), those units go through software tests and additional quality control measures that "new" units just dont get. Back in the day, we used to update software via flash updates, clean boards, replace screens and then perform network tests on every phone we put into the refurbish pool.

Having said all that, I am awaiting my first replacement T600 after 7 months of use and a defective display. I will update this thread when I get the new/refurb unit back.
    "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
    --Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
    Quote Originally Posted by kaisersouse
    After having spent far too long (3 years) in the wireless industry, I would have to agree with others in this thread that any concerns that you have about refurbished products should be put aside.

..snip

In the case that you do receive a refurbished unit (you would most likely never know the difference), those units go through software tests and additional quality control measures that "new" units just dont get. Back in the day, we used to update software via flash updates, clean boards, replace screens and then perform network tests on every phone we put into the refurbish pool.

..snip
    That was somewhat encouraging. I am awaiting a replacement from T-Mobile. I have serious reservations about $500 for a 'used' device. Had they told me "signup for a year with T-Moblie, pay $500 and we'll let you try out a NEW Treo 600 for a little while then send you a used one!" I don't think they would get my business.
    and I've been waiting nearly 2 weeks for the replacement, with a completely dead device which I am unable to use.
    I'll post the results when (if) I get a replacement unit.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    You may want to put some clothes on....this isnt a clothes optional beach...I mean board
    Yep, and I think I will change my location to someplace else now.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    You may want to put some clothes on....this isnt a clothes optional beach...I mean board
    removed by popular demand...