1.    #1  
    If I'm on the phone and get call waiting and take the 2nd call, is there a way to hang that call up when you switch back to the first one. Mine keeps it on hold, even if the other party hangs up. I saw a thread with some info on this before, but it didn't work and i couldn't find it. Anyone have an answer?
    i would like to know too. i read a thread about it and it said it did not work (to drop one call between conf call).
  3.    #3  
    Answers, anyone???
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Are you folks on Sprint? I'm on Cingular, and whenever I have two calls running, I can hang up whichever one is currently active by just pressing "hang up." Is this not an option for you? I remember reading that with Sprint this behaved differently.

There's a "switch" button on the screen to switch between the two calls, and then there's a "hang-up" button, which only hangs up the active call.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    You are out of luck. My wife has had this issue since the Treo 270 and she has to audit her bill every month and contact customer service for a credit.

The "work-around" is to hang up the phone and wait about 3 sec and your phone will ring, thus bringing back your original caller. My wife occasionally forgets to do this and just switches back to the first caller thus getting the double airtime.

Quote Originally Posted by dlroth
    If I'm on the phone and get call waiting and take the 2nd call, is there a way to hang that call up when you switch back to the first one. Mine keeps it on hold, even if the other party hangs up. I saw a thread with some info on this before, but it didn't work and i couldn't find it. Anyone have an answer?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec
    Are you folks on Sprint? I'm on Cingular, and whenever I have two calls running, I can hang up whichever one is currently active by just pressing "hang up." Is this not an option for you? I remember reading that with Sprint this behaved differently.

There's a "switch" button on the screen to switch between the two calls, and then there's a "hang-up" button, which only hangs up the active call.
    I am on TMO thou.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I think this is the biggest complaint I have had with all my Treo's (300/600). Can someone confirm if this happens with other phones on Sprint? Or is this limited to Treos on Sprint.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Yes, this is possible with the Sprint phones, but strangely undocumented. While in the call you want to hang up, hit the backspace key. Your phone will then appear to have hung up all calls, but in a couple secs it will ring back at you. When you answer, you will be connected to your other call. I haven't tried this with 3 calls going, but I imagine if you had 3 and hung up one, both active calls would end up ringing back.

Carol
    I think the original question is about caller control directly on the Treo itself. Garhartaz is correct that on some networks there is a bizarre callback feature but I will speak about call control on the Treo only.

The Treo 180 and Treo 270 featured 3-way calling. You had great individual cal control on this phone. You could pick which of the two calls in a conf call to drop and selectively hang them up. Treo 300 would not do this because of the odd way CDMA networks handle 3-way conf calling.

Treo 600 GSM units now support 6-way calling, you and 5 others. Once you add more than one caller, they all get joined into a group call and you cannot split apart the group. Your only options are to Hang up all in the conference or add another caller. It's a downside of the ability to add multiple callers to the 6-way call.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cooneyca
    While in the call you want to hang up, hit the backspace key. Your phone will then appear to have hung up all calls, but in a couple secs it will ring back at you. When you answer, you will be connected to your other call.
    As I understand it this will only work when I start one of the calls, and not if both calls were incomming (or maybe I have that backwards).

Anyway you slice it... this is terrible. I am calling Sprint to let them know about this.... I would suggest that others do the same. The more people complain the more likely they are to do something about it.
    CDMA networks don't handle conference calls as deftly as GSM. The functionality you describe is as good as it gets without a major network rearchitecture for Sprint (or Verizon).
    Quote Originally Posted by Poryphyron
    CDMA networks don't handle conference calls as deftly as GSM. The functionality you describe is as good as it gets without a major network rearchitecture for Sprint (or Verizon).
    With all the other phones that I've used with SPCS, prior to the T|600, 3-way calling was the real thing. And when you hung up woth one person, you were instantly talking with the other.
    This "hang up all" thing that the 600 has is a PITA. And like Gary's wife, sometimes I just hit the "swap" button and I'm sitting there holding a conversation, not really sure if the other person I've swapped has hung up or not.

Luckily, I havent had to audit my bill each month. I havent been billed for any double airtime, so I guess that means the other person did hang up.

This phoney 3-way callling on the T|600 is such a waste of great technology. As always, I'm still wondering what the powers that be were thinking about when they thought this one up.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    With all the other phones that I've used with SPCS, prior to the T|600, 3-way calling was the real thing. And when you hung up woth one person, you were instantly talking with the other.
    Yes this was the way a thought my previous Sprint phones worked. I do not believe this is a result of CDMA.

I just got off the phone with a tier 2 tech and they refused to log the issue... they said i need to walk into a store to get that done.

This is crappy
    I just don't understand. Hang up and the other call is wrung back in.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    I'm not sure this is really a CDMA thing. CDMA is just an air interface... May just be the way Sprint's call switching network functions.
    If I'm not mistaken, don't landline phones behave the same way when attempting 3 way calling? (hang up on 1, then get a call back)
    Look and read here
    Last edited by Ettore; 07/11/2004 at 06:46 PM.
    Ciao

Ettore