1.    #1  
    I posted a few days ago with questions regarding AOL 3.0/3.2. I have both but I can get neither to work with my Treo 600. I am using T-Mobile's T-zones as my access plan. Anyway, I e-mailed pdasoftwarehelp@aol.com for help and here is their reply:

Currently the available versions of AOL for Palm are not compatible with the hardware the Treo 600 uses. AOL is working on a version for the Treo 600 but we do not have a release date yet.
    Sincerely,
    The PDASoftwareHelp@aol.com Team

Is this true? How is everyone else using AOL? I've got it loaded and have tried all sorts of soft resets, but it still times out after I enter my user name/password. I'm using "another ISP" so it doesn't have to dial out.

Is there something I can do to make this work? Is it because T-zones doesn't allow for secure sites and maybe AOL mail is secure?

Thanks
    TexasIllini
    Not true at all. I have a Sprint Treo600 and use the AOL for Palm Version 3.1, Build 009. I also use "Another ISP" in the sign-on screen.

It works fine with no issues or workarounds that I can recall. All functionality is there.

It sucks that they charge $19 for it. I have not tried the newer one (3.2?)

As for your response from AOL- Argh.

The only difference i can see is the T-mobile thing. But I know that T-Mob passes "VPN" info from using it with a WinPDA. Is your T-mob service the GSM/GPRS or is it some kind of 802.11? I don't know of any 802.11 solution for Treo.

Jeff
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for your reply.

I'm definitely using the GSM/GPRS and not 802.11. I still have no idea what gives. Their e-mail to me is mystifying me. AOL, Palm, and Treo are all over the site where you download it.

I'm starting to think it has to do with T-Zones since they restrict what you can access (no secure sites). If anybody out there has T-Zones and can use AOL, please let me know. Otherwise, I strongly recommend that anyone with T-Zones not to pay for AOL because it won't work. Live and learn! =)
    u need to pay for AOL on palm (the software)??

i cannot believe it because shouldn't AOL make their software for free for user to use them?? weird!!
  5.    #5  
    Furthermore, it's $20 for the software. I totally agree with you though, they should be begging people to use their software, not charging.
    I downloaded some AIM software from the uk web site, and it's free. It worked for a while (like, several minutes) and then I did something that made me have to do a hard reset to the 600. I thought there was a thread about the AIM download from the uk site a while ago, but I can't seem to find it.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I am using a t-mobile treo 600 and using the AOL software with no problems at all. I agree it may be a problem with t-zones.
    drmrw on a treo 600 gprs t-mobile

"One out of 3 people has two people standing next to them..."
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Hi.. I've been using AOL 3.1 on my treo 600 since I got it and on my 270 before that. I'm with t-mobile but use the unlimited data plan which gives me all ports. I believe the t-zones just gives you use of only one port, and aol uses another..It works great on t-mobile internet. if youre an aol member, it's worth the $20. You get mail and aim, uses same buddy list from your home account. Unfortunately the 5 way is not implemented too well in the software and the mail is text based, not html. However I use it all the time, being on the road a lot.. Hope this helps..
    $20? You might as well buy Chatter, does push IMAP too.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    1. I tried to do CHATTER last week, I never got signed up over a week later, he still hasn't emailed me back

2. Other than EMAIL and CHAT what is it for $20 that AOL for the treo is offering, I'd like to get it if it is more than just IM and EMAIL, bothof which are accessible otherwise.
    Speaking of which, can someone explain the differences to me in using the available AOL portal and CHAT portal that already comes with the Treo? Thanks

Todd
    Still waiting for somebody to let us know the difference in how the normal aol works as compared to this enhanced version.. ALSO.. I did hear back from Mark at Chatter when I emailed him this morning!

Lastly, I did see that on the PalmOne website, it said that the 20.00 aol is NOT recommended for the Treo600.. any ideas why?

Todd
    I have AOL mail from Handango saved at WEB. It's also available at PCS Vision as in Yahoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by bettyboop
    I downloaded some AIM software from the uk web site, and it's free. It worked for a while (like, several minutes) and then I did something that made me have to do a hard reset to the 600. I thought there was a thread about the AIM download from the uk site a while ago, but I can't seem to find it.
    I had the UK version on the treo 600 for a while. But I could never connect because I was using the t-mobile gprs with the closed ports.

But recently I could actually connect with it. But after using it for a little bit, it caused a reset. I have not been able to use it since. Every time I try to use it, it resets.

Anyone know why this is happening?