1.    #1  
    One thing I've missed since I moved from using my PocketPC to the T600 is the one button record feature. You could just depress and hold the side button, or similar, on the device to record a quick voice memo, then release, and the recording is complete.

While the implementation may be different for Palm based devices, I am excited that with the new 1.20 firmware, that the option is now available to us.

I have tried Ryan's neat SoundRec, which may end up meeting my needs, but in it's current incarnation is a little clunky (which is OK, I don't expect him to immediately to put out a complete freeware solution several days after the 1.20 update was released!). The AudacityDVR people say that "Coming in Spring 2004 for Treo 600", but we haven't heard any word from them regarding this!

Are there other Recording apps in development, or that I don't know of that will work?
    Apparently Ryan Rife is working on some kind of instant recording feature for SoundRec.
  3.    #3  
    One button, or two button max recording would be sweet. But we also need a compression option...these little audio recordings with his software take up a lot of space!
    that would be good and make soundrec even better than what it is now
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    The Audacity product works great on the Treo 600. Two models are available. The Audacity Personal and the Audacity Professional. You can touch one button to launch the program and a second to start recording. The Personal supports compression at 6 kbps and PCM 8 kHz. The Professional also supports PCM 11, 16 and 22 kHz for very high quality recordings. It will store on either internal or external memory. The Personal allows setting of audio alarms. The professional is targeted to professional dictation applications and has many, many features. See the web site at www.audacityaudio.com
    SoundRec 1.031 can save to SD card as WAV files, can be set up as 2-touch record (one touch to open SoundRec, center button to record), and is FREE. I don't find this version at all clunky. You can set the quality and volume of the recording in preferences, and you can e-mail the WAV if you'd like (a neat function if, like me, you take a lot of quick items on the fly that you later would like to send to your secretary).

Many kudos to RyanRife on this product!
    Has anyone noticed that the Audacity alarm cannot use the vibrate function, so if you have the sound off you miss the alarm entirely. Also, there is an option to sound the system alarm first and then play the voice message, but the voice follows directly after the system alarm without you having to press play. So, if the message is somewhat private, anyone in the room will hear it until you fumble with the keyguard and press stop. I' m just wondering if I am missing some options somewhere. Thanks to anyone who can send info my way.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomer777
    One thing I've missed since I moved from using my PocketPC to the T600 is the one button record feature. You could just depress and hold the side button, or similar, on the device to record a quick voice memo, then release, and the recording is complete.

While the implementation may be different for Palm based devices, I am excited that with the new 1.20 firmware, that the option is now available to us.

I have tried Ryan's neat SoundRec, which may end up meeting my needs, but in it's current incarnation is a little clunky (which is OK, I don't expect him to immediately to put out a complete freeware solution several days after the 1.20 update was released!). The AudacityDVR people say that "Coming in Spring 2004 for Treo 600", but we haven't heard any word from them regarding this!

Are there other Recording apps in development, or that I don't know of that will work?
    Personal Audio Recorder 1.1 for the Treo6xx has been released and it includes one button record and other features. check it out at www.toysoft.ca
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca