1. RNJ
    Does anyone know why Palmone insists that battery power be full before doing the upgarde ?
    Apparently you have to have the power cable connected to the hotsynch anyway, so what is so important about having the battery full ???
    Since the battery life takes a beating during the upgrade, I think they want to make sure the battery will not run out during the upgrade process, which if it did, would kill your phone.
    My battery was at about 50% during the upgrade. It was plugged into the charger at the time though. Upgrade went flawlessly.
    I think they just do that to insure no one tries to do the upgrade with something like 10% of their battery left.
    The last thing you want is the Treo dying midway through a firmware upgrade. I doubt that's easily fixable.

-- Vikram
    Treo 600 <a href="http://vikrampant.com/treo600/">Blog/Moblog</a>
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I wonder if having a full battery helps make sure the battery meter stays accurate during the upgrade. If I remember right... during previous upgrades on the Treo300 people who did not have a full battery during the upgrade had reduced battery life.

Just a thought.... i am not an engineer.
  7. RNJ
    OK upgrade done.
    Goodbye Handspring logo. What a pity, it feels like the end of an era, and losing an old friend: am I getting sentimental here ???
    I can't say I see any other dramatic improvement yet..
    Quote Originally Posted by RNJ
    OK upgrade done.
    Goodbye Handspring logo. What a pity, it feels like the end of an era, and losing an old friend: am I getting sentimental here ???
    I can't say I see any other dramatic improvement yet..
    i agree... it seemed (especially at first) that handspring was the anti-palm, a slap in 3m's face.