1.    #1  
    My recently purchased (< 1 month ago) Treo 600 started suffering a keyboard problem today. The top and bottom rows of the keyboard work fine, but the middle row is incorrectly mapped. 'a' moves the cursor to the left, 's' moves it to the right, 'd' and 'f' go up and down, 'g' jumps to Snapper Mail, 'h' to the camera, 'j' powers off, 'k' sends 'i', 'l' and backspace work fine.

It is as if the middle row is sending the hard buttons, instead of the keys. I could see a single bit error in a matrix keyboard causing that sort of problem, although it is odd that some of the keys on the same row are still functioning properly.

I've reset to see if it went away, but it is still broken. Should I return it to Best Buy and have them replace it or call Sprint?
  2.    #2  
    I took it back to Best Buy and they swapped it with a new one. Sprint re-provisioned it and I'm back online with my Treo. 29 days on the 30 day warranty. Wow -- that was close.
    Quote Originally Posted by hudson
    I took it back to Best Buy and they swapped it with a new one. Sprint re-provisioned it and I'm back online with my Treo. 29 days on the 30 day warranty. Wow -- that was close.

Actually, regardless of where you bought it, Sprint offers a one year manufacturer's warranty on their phones. Thus even if your BB return period expired, you could have exchanged it at a local Sprint Store...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I could be wrong but I remember someone else having this
    a while vback and it turned out to be caused by the treo
    getting frazzled by static electricity which sends
    the keyboard haywire

try searching for 'keyboard & static' perhaps?
    <<< insert witty comment here >>>