1.    #1  
    OK Finally got my first replacement from PalmOne (I have Cingular unlocked). I sent the first one back due to the buzzing sound and poor call quality.

ANYWAY, the new phone sounds a bit better, but the damn thing keeps turning off wireless mode ON ITS OWN! This happens if I set the thing down on a table, or if my knapsack gets bumped when the Treo is inside it. This thing is super-sensitive in this regard. Sometimes it even turns wireless mode off when it's just sitting there!

Anyone else have this problem, or can you point me to a thread? I seem to recall having read about somebody having the problem, but my search of this forum couldn't find it. Any help would be appreciated...

Quote Originally Posted by tDot
    OK Finally got my first replacement from PalmOne (I have Cingular unlocked). I sent the first one back due to the buzzing sound and poor call quality.

ANYWAY, the new phone sounds a bit better, but the damn thing keeps turning off wireless mode ON ITS OWN! This happens if I set the thing down on a table, or if my knapsack gets bumped when the Treo is inside it. This thing is super-sensitive in this regard. Sometimes it even turns wireless mode off when it's just sitting there!

Anyone else have this problem, or can you point me to a thread? I seem to recall having read about somebody having the problem, but my search of this forum couldn't find it. Any help would be appreciated...

this happened to my first unit.

got it replaced.

when i first called, they asked me to hard reset the device and try it that way. I did. less than a couple of hours laters it did it again.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    same prob here, watin 4 a replacement
    Happens here in Honolulu, Hi a couple of times a day.
    Ben
    ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tDot

when i upgraded the firmware the problem started
    Quote Originally Posted by mike21111
    when i upgraded the firmware the problem started
    Same with me, when I upgraded to 1.12 and 3.05 the wireless mode just turns off by itself for no apparent reason. Palm said it was because of 3rd party software...any ideas???
    "Hit me why don't you, I'll show you!"

My Palm does it too once a week or so when I really bump it onto something.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Mine too. I'm thinking of breaking down and sending it in for a replacement. But otherwise, mine's working great, and I'm not sure what I'll get as a replacement.

I don't buy the software argument though. It only happens when it's bumped. There's something going on in the hardware.

There was a thread on this before, but I just searched and couldn't find.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    hard reset. use the device withour any added sofware (which will sucK), the first time it happens call palm.

I had to run my treo like this. In a couple of hours it did it twice, got it replaced.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    These sound like the unit is soft resetting. I had a 600 with some kind of internal short. Touching it, moving it, etc.. in any of a variety of ways would do the same thing: soft reset and wireless was off. Had the unit replaced and no more problems. I've a few Treo 600's now and this was the only one that ever had a problem like this so I think this is a hardware related failure.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    These sound like the unit is soft resetting. I had a 600 with some kind of internal short. Touching it, moving it, etc.. in any of a variety of ways would do the same thing: soft reset and wireless was off. Had the unit replaced and no more problems. I've a few Treo 600's now and this was the only one that ever had a problem like this so I think this is a hardware related failure.
    It's not soft resetting. I had the same problem (though I didn't bother to get it replaced for it... just got it replaced because it started buzzing on calls). Banging it against something would cause it to disconnect, not reset. I could watch it happen. Drop it on a table from two or three inches, and the "Disconnecting" screen would come up.

No idea why. Doesn't happen on my replacement.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    I was curious if anyone found a fix of this behavior? Mine has the exact same symptoms. I'm hesitent to just ask for a replacement as this is my second unit. My first one had the dreaded "searching for network" problem. This one is great, except that a couple times a day I notice the "Wireless Mode Off" message. I've tried to trouble shoot it, but I can't figure it out. I really don't want a new phone. I'm afraid of what my next Treo 600 will do incorrectly. This is fairly minor, but it is also fairly annoying.
    A few replacements back, that happened to me too. Except I didn't have to drop it 2 -3 inches, it did it on it's own.

TheHandlessKing

Why are you dropping a $600 2-3 inches anyway?
    Mine's doing it as well. In the past month or so this has started to happen. Sometimes it soft resets on its own (just sitting on the table) and sometimes it turns off especially if I've bumped it accidently.
    I've never had any other problem and this is my first 600 since it's release in Nov 03.
    It's not worth asking for a replacement, I can leave with it especially since I'm about to buy the 650. It's just strange why this happens.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Mine started happening after I dropped it into water. I dismantled everything to dry it. After reassembling, it started happening. I think it's because I did not reassemble it properly and the SIM card did not have a proper contact with the circuit or something. So I dismantled again and glued about 1.5mm thick of cardboard at the back of the SIM card casing to raise it up a little bit. I reassembled. It still disconnects but less frequent now. I couldn't complaint. I dropped it into water afterall.
    It stared happening to me last week during a trip after I changed the time zone. The problem was resolved after I deleted the TreoHelper application. I had to use FileZ to delete it from the ROM.