Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Just having an issue using Pilot Install (pinstall.exe) with my treo. Never worked, and just tried using it again with latest version, and still nothing. Trying to sync thru USB.. Anyone else have it working?
    For some reason, it works fine on my XP (Home) laptop, but not on my XP (Pro) desktop at work. Identical setup, and regular hotsync works fine on both, but on the desktop, pinstall never recognizes that the sync button was pressed.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by platron
    For some reason, it works fine on my XP (Home) laptop, but not on my XP (Pro) desktop at work. Identical setup, and regular hotsync works fine on both, but on the desktop, pinstall never recognizes that the sync button was pressed.
    Ok, so at least I'm not the only one!
    I'm not having a problem with the latest version and XP Pro. I'm using USB as well. One thing to verify is whether it shutsdown hotsync when it starts up. I don't think it can work if it doesn't.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mathews
    I'm not having a problem with the latest version and XP Pro. I'm using USB as well. One thing to verify is whether it shutsdown hotsync when it starts up. I don't think it can work if it doesn't.
    Yup - it'll kill HotSync.. Just won't sync.. It's very odd.... Ah well.