Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    I use calling cards to dial via my Treo 600 and thus use the favorites buttons with the "MORE" feature to dial the complete access code and number.

With this new firmware it dials the "MORE" section much slower then before, this increases my time to connect on each call by almost double

Just an FYI
    Guys don't switch to FIDO, their 1900 coverage is not nearly as clear as the 850 coverage from Rogers... I lived and learned
    Other carriers Treo 600 updates available today!!!

Same link as before...
    <B>Design is a chain reaction:</B> we make design, and in turn,
    <B>design makes us.</B>
    Palmone page still says "coming soon" for T-Mobile. Where do you see anything about avilability today?
    Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by rcowperthwaite
    Palmone page still says "coming soon" for T-Mobile. Where do you see anything about avilability today?

I got excited that the AT&T was released (it wasn't there on Friday). Sorry for the false alarm suggesting all were there...Can't wait for voice recording!
    <B>design makes us.</B>
    Alas, hopes dashed again!
    Bob
    Damn you!!! Got my feathers all rustled up for nothing....
    I just tried to do the FW update from P1, and my Treo is stuck in an endless reset loop. It comes up with the palm logo, tries to find the network and then resets. UGH!
    Just installed the AT&T update, and have noticed the following:

1. keyguard has changed from bar at bottom of screen to little key symbol
    2. "Sounds" application added
    3. "improved" camera resolution (less blue-dot)
    4. no more handspring-guy at network connection

I didn't expect these, are there any other little tweaks not identified?
    Last edited by sglazebrook; 05/24/2004 at 03:08 PM.
    <B>design makes us.</B>
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sglazebrook
    Just installed the AT&T update, and have noticed the following:

1. keyguard has changed from bar at bottom of screen to little key symbol
    2. "Sounds" application added
    3. "improved" camera resolution (less blue-dot)
    4. no more handspring-guy at network connection

I didn't expect these, are there any other little tweaks not identified?
    The keyguard at the bottom is not a function of the update, you have Butler Installed and have turned on alternative keyguard
    Quote Originally Posted by eldonmcd
    I had a Cingular optomized unlocked Treo 600 that I upgraded to the CROW 3.04. When the "official" upgrades were released on the PalmOne web site, I downloaded the "Other Carriers" version and installed it onto my, (now completely generic), Treo 600.

The upgrade went flawlessly and I now have a Treo 600 that has the Handsprin startup and shutdown screens, but have notived a great improvement in the screen resolution and also the camera resolution is improved as well.

I too, am using Rogers Wireless, but will shortly be switching over to Fido, because they have an unlimited data plan for $50.00 a month, caompared to Rogers' 15Mb for $60.00 a month. ( The overage charges are killing me.)

So, in answer to your question, download the Other Carriers version and dont't forget to hotsync first and also, make sure that your battery is fully charged, befor running it.
    I was wondering how you got your Treo600 updated on Rogers. I have a "unlocked" Treo AT&T branded. I works great on the Rogers when I brought. I then updated to CROW 1.1 when it was available and that didnt work. I then had to install the "patched" version to unlock the Treo. Now i've downloade the GSM INT version and it installed fine but when i turned on the Wireless mode it says "your phone cannot be used with this sim card". Like WTF? Called the Rogers support and they said called PalmOne. Sorry any body know I go about updating this sucker on Rogers?
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    I was wondering how you got your Treo600 updated on Rogers. I have a "unlocked" Treo AT&T branded. I works great on the Rogers when I brought. I then updated to CROW 1.1 when it was available and that didnt work. I then had to install the "patched" version to unlock the Treo. Now i've downloade the GSM INT version and it installed fine but when i turned on the Wireless mode it says "your phone cannot be used with this sim card". Like WTF? Called the Rogers support and they said called PalmOne. Sorry any body know I go about updating this sucker on Rogers?
    Where did you buy it from and how was it unlocked (bought that way, hacked firmware, etc). This additional info would be helpful

rob
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    Where did you buy it from and how was it unlocked (bought that way, hacked firmware, etc). This additional info would be helpful

rob
    got it on Ebay. It was AT&T unlocked when i got it and brought the rogers SIM. I then try to upgrade to firmware 1.1 and it didnt work so I installed the "patched" firmware to unlock it. now the phone info says

HS SN: 1234567890123
    SA Number: 1001302720
    Firmware: 0.209
    Software: Treo600-0.0/921/02.0
    Hardware: Treo600 x.y
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    I have an unlocked, unbranded GSM Treo 600 on the T-Mobile network and just installed the ROW update. It now reads Software: Treo600-1.12-ROW and works fine so far. The only big difference I've noticed so far is a new "Palm Powered" screen on reset. Some applications also take less space than they used to, though they still work like normal.

I originally got a "general error during update" message but then I soft reset my Treo and tried again... this time it worked fine. I still don't know why some people have used tokenwriter to change INT to ROW (or vice versa). It doesn't seem to make any difference.

For those of you who are still scared or confused about messing up your Treo by installing the wrong update, here's some information from the PalmOne website that might be useful to you.

Installing the Treo 600 Updater if you purchased your Treo 600 from one carrier, then switched to a different carrier

This article applies if you originally purchased your Treo 600 smartphone from one wireless service provider, but then switched to a different one, which you're now using.

The Treo 600 Updater (info) comes in several versions, depending on your wireless service provider. Usually, we recommend that you install the version that corresponds with your wireless service provider.

However, if you started out with one provider, and then switched to a different one, please use the Treo 600 Updater version for your original provider (not your current one). Click here to download the Treo 600 Updater version you need.

What if I install the wrong version?
    Don't worry, you won't damage your Treo 600 by attempting to install the wrong version. You simply will not be able to proceed with the update, and you will receive the error message This update is not compatible with this device. If this happens to you, follow the steps below to properly back out of the incorrect installation, and start the correct one.

1. When you see the error "This update is not compatible with this device," select OK immediately. This should keep your personal data intact, and delete only the incorrect installer version.

2. On your desktop computer, go to the Treo 600 Updater window and click the Cancel button at the bottom of the installer.

3. If asked to confirm the cancellation, click OK.

4. Close the installer by hitting Cancel.

5. Go to the Treo 600 Updater page and download the version for the provider from whom you originally obtained your Treo 600.
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    I want to second RayUSA, about KISS. I bought a Treo 600 directly from P1 as an upgrade to my previous Treo T-Mobile service. I just did the ROW 1.12 upgrade and had no problems whatsoever. No soft reset, no error messages. Twice the next installation screen overlaid the "Cleaning up - please wait" screen, which caused me a little pause, but apparently no harm done there. The whole process sure takes awhile.

I can't tell yet if anything is better or worse, except that I could add SoundRec, which is cool, and did notice some of the minor changes noted above. Did need to reset some parameters.
    Quote Originally Posted by bunique
    I think this ROW update will lock patched treos again...

can someone confirm???
    did u ever find out an answer tot his?
    Sorry to be dense, but what's a "patched Treo"?
    Quote Originally Posted by ddm007
    did u ever find out an answer tot his?
    Well.. I have an unlocked Treo600 from AT&T and following the instruction I updated the FW using the AT&T version...the result is that now I have by phone locked again!!!

BEWARE: DO NOT USE ORIGINAL PROVVIDER UPGRADE IF YOU WANT TO KEEP THE PHONE UNLOCKED!!!

By the way, anyone knows how I can get it back unlocked ?
    Tks!
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    treoman270,

I'm in the same boat, sat thru the Cingular update as receommeded by P1 for my Treo 600 used with Tmo SIM. I have over 9M free and still get the not enough free memory message when sparking Treo up. I was thinking of trying the Other carrier update or the Tmo one if/when available. Anyone else have this problem? Solution?
    treoman270, what does your phone info look like? Here is what I have:

Firmware 2.02
    Software Treo600-1.06-CNG
    Hardware: B
    Here is the History of my Unlocking and Locking back experience:

Originally: Treo 600 from AT&T
    SW version: 1.09
    FW version: 2.04

After Unlocking:
    SW version: 1.09
    FW version: 2.09
    Phone is able to use my personal SIM card for local calls while in Europe

After Upgrade 1.13 for AT&T:
    SW version: 1.13
    FW version: 3.06
    Phone is locked

Any Idea how to fix it back w/o damage the phone (I must use it for work w/ AT&T Contract)?

Tks!
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast