Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. dhl
    Has anyone else with an unbranded, unlocked T-Mobile phone from the Handspring upgrade program tried this update? I see a Handspring splash when I turn the radio on or off. Anyone with a 600 like this, what does your splash say now? How did the update go? I'm trying to decide between this update and waiting for the official T-Mobile version. My FW is 1.08-INT
    RobM,
    I don't know. I bought it at a corner wireless store. - as is Is there a way to check it? The software version is Treo600-0.0/921/02.0 with firmware 2.09. My suspicion is that it is hacked firmware.

-AV
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I havent seen a software version that looks like that...if someone else has seen it like this speak up, but you may be right and it is a hacked version. If this is the case and it is hacked, then upgrading will relock the phone.
    That sucks! I figured that would be a problem. I am glad that I looked into it before blindly updating the firmware. I guess I could call ATT and see what happens. Thanks
    Do you think that it would be ok if it was unlocked with the code? Would I need it again if that were the case?
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    If you unlock it with the appropriate unlock code...you just write it down and keep it in a safe place in the event you do need it again. The code will not change unless you change your phone. Good luck if you can get the code, if you have ATT, I dont think they will give it to you but you can ask. I know that companies like TMO and Cingular will give out this info, but ATT is kindof a stinker when it comes to this. They shouldnt have a problem with this since they charge you full price for the phone and dont offer any major discounts so they cant use that excuse...worth a try...good luck

rob
    I posted this in another thread, but I'm a bit desperate.

I updated my treo without a hitch! but it seems like they have done something to limit the sending of SMS's. I now cannot send a "long" sms. Normally, if you type beyond 160 characters on the treo, it will break it up to multiple messages to be sent. This is by large invisible to users except you would be charged for more than one message. It will also appear in the receipient's phone as one SMS (except for really old GSM phones where it comes in a separate msgs).

Do your phones have the same behaviour? This is very inhibiting as I am a heavy Texter.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie319
    I posted this in another thread, but I'm a bit desperate.

I updated my treo without a hitch! but it seems like they have done something to limit the sending of SMS's. I now cannot send a "long" sms. Normally, if you type beyond 160 characters on the treo, it will break it up to multiple messages to be sent. This is by large invisible to users except you would be charged for more than one message. It will also appear in the receipient's phone as one SMS (except for really old GSM phones where it comes in a separate msgs).

Do your phones have the same behaviour? This is very inhibiting as I am a heavy Texter.
    Cookie319,
    I understand that your desperate, but this thread has nothing to do with that topic. You need to stick to the discussion at hand. I am sure that someone will respond to the thread that you started on this but you wont get an answer about that here.

rob
    I apologise, my bad. I thought it was somewhat related as this happened after I updated my unbranded unlocked GSM treo 600 with the new ROM posted by Palm. I didn't quite follow the thread all the way through. sorry...
    Called ATT - no go on the unlock code as I suspected. They were very unfriendly. My major interest is in improved sound relaibility and performace. Would 3.04 do that just as well as 3.05. It appears that I can do the 3.04 and keep it unlocked.
    I could only get a .exe program for my PC from P1 website for the ROW 3.05 update. Does anybody have any links to just the .prc for the 3.05 update?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    I applied the unofficial version to my Treo. Will it make a difference re-applying this firmware again?
    From: http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,Company=%7B5A789B6E-D683-11D4-8A45-00B0D0684B04%7D,ts=Palm_External2001,case=obj(2696)

What if I install the wrong version?
    Don't worry, you won't damage your Treo 600 by attempting to install the wrong version. You simply will not be able to proceed with the update, and you will receive the error message This update is not compatible with this device. If this happens to you, follow the steps below to properly back out of the incorrect installation, and start the correct one.

When you see the error "This update is not compatible with this device," select OK immediately. This should keep your personal data intact, and delete only the incorrect installer version.

On your desktop computer, go to the Treo 600 Updater window and click the Cancel button at the bottom of the installer.

If asked to confirm the cancellation, click OK.

Close the installer by hitting Cancel.

Go to the Treo 600 Updater page and download the version for the provider from whom you originally obtained your Treo 600.
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    I could only get a .exe program for my PC from P1 website for the ROW 3.05 update. Does anybody have any links to just the .prc for the 3.05 update?
    don't worry about it. I ran the file and got the .prc on the Treo with the next sync. Then I interupted after the soft reset and moved the file to the SD card like I prefer to do.

....or DUH, I could have just run the program and moved the file from the install folder....jeez. me

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

Got my 600 directly from Handspring when they released it for T-Mobile. However, I've never noticed ANYTHING T-Mobile specific on the device.

Is there something I should be looking for, or am I good to go with this update?
    the only thing carrier specific I have seen is the radio on/off splash screens

I just found out (the hard way) that you need to turn off the "Turn on phone after soft reset" feature in LightWav / Treo Preferneces before you do the upgrade.
    I'm on UK Orange (GSM), I'm not bothered about losing the orange logos, as Orange warranty is now covered by Handspring (palmone) now anyway.

So my question is , is it safe for me to do the 'other carrier' updgrade...has any orange guys/gals done this yet...

Oh by the way, i've updated using the car kit updater also...

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by meanska
    Got my 600 directly from Handspring when they released it for T-Mobile. However, I've never noticed ANYTHING T-Mobile specific on the device.

Is there something I should be looking for, or am I good to go with this update?

Meanska,

From the phone app, menu, options, phone info. look for the software info. if it has INT, you have the international version. in theory, you shouldn't have any issues applying the internation (other) firmware.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManofTrueGod
    I applied the unofficial version to my Treo. Will it make a difference re-applying this firmware again?

I'm waiting for the answer to this my self.

What benefit would it bring anyway? The phone is working well, I dont want to jinx it.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast