Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Has anyone in either Malaysia or Singapore tried this yet? Does it work!?!??? Which version of the updater did you use?
    I update FW to other carrier version. It works very well. I am in Bangkok.
    I bought my Treo 600 GSM from Singapore,I have done it this morning(@TAIWAN)! works nothing but fine...
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I tried to update to the latest firmware from Palmone, (I have software 1.12 and firmware 3.04 installed) I got a general failure message during the upgrade, and now I have the following files installed:
    Firmware0.prc 27K
    Firmware1.prc 4 k
    Firmware2.prc 975k
    Firmware3 prc 8k
    Firmware4 prc 3k
    Firmware5 prc 3k
    Firmware6 prc 3k
    Firmware7 prc 3k
    Firmware8 prc 3k
    ROMO.prc.4492k
    RomUpdater_deDE 51k
    Can anyone tell me if I can delete any or all of these files without any problems.
    Thank`s for any help in advance!!
    I am from Malaysia. Just upgraded from 3.04 to the new 3.05. So far its perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by jikon
    Has anyone in either Malaysia or Singapore tried this yet? Does it work!?!??? Which version of the updater did you use?
    at last somebody from me country....lol

did it today. no problemo whatsoever. the only set back is just that i don't know what's so good with the upgrade. simply following instruction. everything is very much the same as before updating.

~nunuknanak
    I just did the ROW update on my unbranded, unlocked Treo 600 and now it will NOT accept the 2 SIM cards I have, Fido and Rogers. I called tech and he had me do a factory reset which drains the battery amoungst other things and he told me to let the phone sit for 3 hours thinking that this might get rid of the sw upgrade from ROM. I hope this works. Anyone ever had this? I think it was a big mistake on my part and I hope I can fix it. HELP!
    Marcus
    www.cyberjet.com
    I bought my phone through the T-Mobile upgrade on P1's site, but I'm pretty sure my phone is an unbranded international model. I was considering waiting for the official T-Mobile upgrade but I don't want it if it will lock my phone or do anything more than change the startup/shutdown screens or something...
    I never know if you bought your phone thru tmo upgrade on P1's site and it is an unbranded international model

until i real this -->

http://205.141.210.148/SRVS/CGI-BIN/....tem,CASE=2120

Wireless Service Provider Software Version Firmware Version
    AT&T Wireless Treo600-1.13-AWS 03.06
    Cingular Wireless Treo600-1.12-CNG 03.05
    Sprint PCS Treo600-1.20-SPR N/A
    T-Mobile Wireless Treo600-1.12-INT 03.05
    Orange (United Kingdom) Treo600-1.12-OUK 03.05
    Orange (France) Treo600-1.12-OFR 03.05
    Orange (Sweden) Treo600-1.12-OCH 03.05
    Other Service Providers Treo600-1.12-ROW 03.05

If your is an international unbranded GSM phone, i think you can update it using the unbranded GSM. I bought my phone from PalmOne site directly and it is an internaltional (GSM) unbranded. sure my firmware is different than what it listed for "Other Service Provider" thou.
    jennyfur, I'm in the same boat. I've already upgraded to 3.04 and have been using it since it was leaked out. I'm afraid the official T-Mo FW will do more harm than good.

Call me paranoid but I'm also affraid that the new "Other Carrier" FW might have been released before the rest as a sort of trap. I feel it could have some mechanism in it to prevent the later installation of branded FW, which would most likely void any and all warranties. Once the T-Mo FW is released and we know more about the pros and cons I'll make my decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    jennyfur, I'm in the same boat. I've already upgraded to 3.04 and have been using it since it was leaked out. I'm afraid the official T-Mo FW will do more harm than good.

Call me paranoid but I'm also affraid that the new "Other Carrier" FW might have been released before the rest as a sort of trap. I feel it could have some mechanism in it to prevent the later installation of branded FW, which would most likely void any and all warranties. Once the T-Mo FW is released and we know more about the pros and cons I'll make my decision.
    Yep... but the waiting is just so hard!
    Tell me about it... If we have to wait as long for T-Mo to certify the update as we did for them to certify the unit itself, I'm going to completely lose my marbles.

I hate the term "Coming Soon". Its so vague yet its just enough to keep me interested. At the same time it also invites agony, especially when their definition of "Coming Soon" has notoriously meant months.
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyfur
    Yep... but the waiting is just so hard!
    I hope this helps give you some confidence: I bought a Cingular branded upgrade to use on T-Mo. When the original CROW came out I used token writer, changed the phone to INT, installed and no problems. When the unofficial Cingular 3.05 was made available, I used Token writer again - back to CNG - installed and no problem. Since I use my Treo in Europe a lot, the ROW official upgrade just released appealed to me because it is optimized for roaming to other carriers. So I used token writer again - back to INT - installed ROW and.... no problem, works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by boardoe
    I hope this helps give you some confidence: I bought a Cingular branded upgrade to use on T-Mo. When the original CROW came out I used token writer, changed the phone to INT, installed and no problems. When the unofficial Cingular 3.05 was made available, I used Token writer again - back to CNG - installed and no problem. Since I use my Treo in Europe a lot, the ROW official upgrade just released appealed to me because it is optimized for roaming to other carriers. So I used token writer again - back to INT - installed ROW and.... no problem, works great.
    If what your saying is true then, theoretically, I have nothing to fear and can proceed to install 3.05.
    I have an unbranded unlocked 600 bought through HS upgrade program for use on t_mobile. I originally upgraded to the unofficial 3.04 and have now upgraded to the new ROW 3.05. With a previous phone I had even downgraded from 2.09 to 2.08, so I decided there was little difference between having the unofficial 3.04 or the non t_mo specific 3.05.

All is working swimmingly for me here.
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    If what your saying is true then, theoretically, I have nothing to fear and can proceed to install 3.05.
    That is my experience. I was pretty nervous doing the "lateral" upgrade since I could find no one else suggesting that they had already done this - particularly our European friends. I should add that I did not exactly follow the PalmOne instructions. After running the downloaded exe file, and at the point where you are told to synch, I opened up the install tool and changed the location to my SD card and then synched. Then I hard reset, used Tokenwriter to change to INT, hard reset again and ran the ROW.prc from my card. I just kept clicking on the next button on the installer window that was open on my PC after each relevant step until the end when you are told to do a synch to restore your data. Instead, I used Backupman to reinstall. Then when I clicked "next" the PC installer was disappointed that I hadn't synched and asked if I wanted to end the installation anyway. I said yes and, as I said earlier, the upgrade seems to have taken without a hitch.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    http://205.141.210.148/SRVS/CGI-BIN...e.tem,CASE=2120

(from above)

I wonder what is different with the ATT firmware (3.06)? Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    "I have too much work to do, I have to wait till this weekend to do the update"

"I have too much work to do, I have to wait till this weekend to do the update"

yea... like I was really going to wait till Saturday.

Well that shot an hour, but all is well now.

- Had the "General Error", but the steps in the FAQ worked fine
    - Bonsai started crashing, but reinstalled and it's fine now

I guess I'll go back to work now.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    I have been running the "unofficial" update with no problems but i figure I should upgrade to the official one. No Luck. I tried to run the new one off the PalmOne site and I get an error that says "this update not compatible with this device". What's up with that? My Treo is unlocked running on ATT (it's PalmOne branded)
    i was formerly on a locked ATT treo GSM

using the patched file i unlocked and upgraded to 3.04 1.12 (1 mth ago)

today downloaded the otheri nternational file form palmone and applied it...

Phone works.... updated fine... need to get a friend with some other carrier to test the unlock... will update sooon...

shows firmware 03.05 and s/w TREO600-1.12-ROW ....
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast