Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rduckwor
    Any of you lucky people with perfect update experiences encountering "SLOW" radio shut downs when you power off the radio? Any ideas?

Bob Duckworth
    Yes! Yes! That is amazing! I started noticing it right after updating, but didn't make the connection. This is almost definitely a negative result of the upgrade. One of the Treo's problems is that it is difficult to turn off Vision in any event (as far as I know the only way is to go to preferences, network, and disconnect manually--what a hassle!); now after the update, it will hang up seemingly forever, pretty much requiring a reset unless you want to wait till the end of the world. That's pretty much the literal truth. Almost. Anyway, since Palm created this problem, don't you think they should now fix it?
    I posted this in another thread, but I'm a bit desperate.

I updated my treo without a hitch! but it seems like they have done something to limit the sending of SMS's. I now cannot send a "long" sms. Normally, if you type beyond 160 characters on the treo, it will break it up to multiple messages to be sent. This is by large invisible to users except you would be charged for more than one message. It will also appear in the receipient's phone as one SMS (except for really old GSM phones where it comes in a separate msgs).

Do your phones have the same behaviour? This is very inhibiting as I am a heavy Texter.
    Upgraded from 2.09 to 3.05 on unbranded GSM model. Have yet to notice any performance gain but have had no problems.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I did my mine and my wifes within 30 minutes. (gsm cingular) No problem. Now I'm just trying to decide which voice recorder I want.

Good Luck
    Scott
    mine went perfectly also
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Worked fine for me, my battery was not even at full charge. I had just brought it home from the store.
    No problems with my locked (I think, but am not certain) T-Mo unit using the R.O.W. version of the updater.

My steps:
    1. Backup to backupman
    2. Rename backup folder on the desktop
    2. Hard reset
    3. Install following the installer's instructions
    4. Restore data using backupman

Everything works fine.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Perfect. No hard resets. No new profile. Followed the instructions. Glad I did it. Sprint user.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie319
    I posted this in another thread, but I'm a bit desperate.

I updated my treo without a hitch! but it seems like they have done something to limit the sending of SMS's. I now cannot send a "long" sms. Normally, if you type beyond 160 characters on the treo, it will break it up to multiple messages to be sent. This is by large invisible to users except you would be charged for more than one message. It will also appear in the receipient's phone as one SMS (except for really old GSM phones where it comes in a separate msgs).

Do your phones have the same behaviour? This is very inhibiting as I am a heavy Texter.
    The Sprint version of the phone (and the SMS app) has always had this "limitation." It's pretty easy to send multiple messages though. And they're more likely to arrive sequentially if there's a little typing time between sends. Maybe I'm reaching... :-)
  10. brf
    I just finished running the Cingular update...It was flawless.
    Took about 6 minutes.
    This is my first 600, I got it in January and it has had no problems(Hardware B). I got it thru Cingular and it is unlocked.

I backed up my data with a hotsync and on sd card with BackupBuddy, then did a hard reset and created a new hotsync name. I installed the update, did another hard reset and restored from my sd card.
    No problems at all. everything works great.

I have Graffiti Anywhere (using graffiti 1), MarknDial, Sandman, TreoButler, TreoAlertManager, Word Complete, 2phone, Aqua overlay, and TimeSync. I disabled all of these before my backup and then reenabled them after the restore and all are working together fine.

Made and recieved a few calls and the audio on earpiece and speakerphone sound great. Camera looks better than before, I had lots of blue dots, now they are noticably less. SMS works as before, no problems, typed over 160 characters and it automaticaly split it into 2 messages. Phone seems to turn on and off a little faster and GPRS seems faster too. As for reception, i always get full bars at home so i'll have to wait till Monday at work to tell if that has improved.
    VisorPhone >>Treo 600 >>Black Palm Centro
    PacBell/Cingular/AT&T GSM
    Any errors in tact, fact or spelling
    are entirely due to transmission error
    Not a problem. Unlocked GSM on T-Mo and I used the ROW update. Followed the directions step by step and it took approx 20 minutes from initial sync to final sync and reboot. All my other programs seem to be working fine too.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis
    One of the Treo's problems is that it is difficult to turn off Vision in any event
    The design philosophy of the Treo seems to be, "Why would you want to?"
  13. agn
    No problem at all with my update on this device. The first one I had was a mess after the updated, this time it was flawless.
    I can say that this update is great! Web pages load very fast and included e-mail program is great.
    I too have a success upgrade at first, but it seem like the upgrade have some bad effect..

now my Treo will sometime reset itself.. even when there is left idle on the table ( i am suspecting that some kind of alarm from third party software causes the reset)

secondly, the phone voice quality seems to worsen after the upgrade.. sometime the voice will be very soft and then come back up loud.. dont know why..

have anyone experience this?
    Absolutely no problems for me. GSM Treo600 on Singapore SingTel.
    Quote Originally Posted by zucchini
    now my Treo will sometime reset itself.. even when there is left idle on the table ( i am suspecting that some kind of alarm from third party software causes the reset)
    After a reset try dialing ##377 then SEND to see what's causing the resets.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I already posted this in another thread. But here goes. No Hard reset. No new User. Only had to reinstall Klondike.

Paul
    Installed every inofficial and official version of firmware that I could get my hands on. Had an occasional quirk but that's to be expected if you try patching the upgraders In general, the upgraders do an impressive job given the tons of apps and tweaks that people can and will install on a Palm OS phone.

I'm soooo tempted to try the Sprint versions on my GSM
    Cingular Updater (went from 1.06 to 1.12 in one upgrade) ran perfectly on T-600 bought last December and used on T-Mobile exclusively. It took just about the eight minutes described in the software. All data restored without any hard resets. Only needed to reinstall Klondike. Wireless on and off seem slightly faster. Handspring 'Flippy' has been eliminated during network search.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast