Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Flawless upgrade for 1.1 and 1.2...no hard reset, no need to create another user profile. I have the Rev. A hardware (early adopter!) of the Sprint Treo 600. I did do a soft reset to force a backup of everything during HotSync and I did a Backup Buddy VFS backup just in case. The new voice recorder app and enhanced MovieRec app work great!
    Upgrade went smooth...no problems
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    mine worked - although I have yet to see any differences
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    used the Other GSM update from PalmOne - perfect - significant improvements all around
    Only problem I had was with Advantgo... reinstalled it and was back in business!
    Perfect update. Took 10-15 minutes though..... Never had to hard reset.
    I'm happy now with with working voice memos!!!!
    Fine for me too. I had no problem with either of the sprint updates.

And I have a complex setup with a fair amount of hacks _and_ double databases: GoodLink's and the native db's.

It is so much easier if you have BackupMan and an SD card.

As suggested,
    -- full backup to the card.
    -- do a hard reset.
    -- run the update
    -- restore from card.

It also helps to understand the impact the extension (hack) programs have on the os. With FileZ and the backup software, you can put them back one by one if necessary.
    Backup, Hard Reset, Install update, re-install all my apps from scratch (I like to do that once in a bit, I only use like 8 or 9). CDMA on Verizon. Tried the MovieRec, as soon as I press "STOP" it resets. And with Sounds, I can't Beam, tells me library not found.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Using Sprint
    Sprint 1.1 = not so good
    Sprint 1.2 = working perfectly
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor
    what's the point of a thread posting where everything went okay? I dont normally peruse the forums to find out what is going right on my Treo, do you?

A
    Then don't read it. All you have to do is NOT click on the link. Simple enough?
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    successful first time perfectly. I'm from Malaysia. Used instruction on palm website
    Originally Posted by ahalvor
    what's the point of a thread posting where everything went okay? I dont normally peruse the forums to find out what is going right on my Treo, do you?

A

Procure:
    Then don't read it. All you have to do is NOT click on the link. Simple enough?

It's even more fundamental than this. The continual whining and griping in these forums gives the casual user the impression the Treo is an unstable, rubber-band held together piece of crap. It couldn't be furtherer from the truth. Like the others in this thread, all I did was follow the instructions and the upgrade was as smooth as silk.

And ahalvor's admission may be the most telling point to casual visitors/users - they DON'T peruse these threads to see what's going right.
    Yup. Mine went well as well.
    Did the "hard reset to free up memory" method posted by palmOne.
    That's the most reliable one IMO.
    Perfect 1.1 and 1.2 Sprint upgrades.

I credit this completely to the other users in the forums that told me to back up all of my data and disable all third party software.

I love the new e-mail client!
    This one worked for me (thanks for posting!) Sprint install.

Following PalmOne's instructions I got hung up on the install.

Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    No problem here, used the hotsync to PC, then did a HARD reset and made a new user named "TempMe" and ran the SPrintv1.20 Updater under that name.

Then I did another HARD reset again, made sure my hotsync conduit was set to "DESKTOP OVERWRITES HANDELD", did a hotsync with my normal user name and all was good.

Didn't even need a backup untiltiy like backup buddy or anything.

If I had to say something didn't go 100%, it would be that I had to reinstall Klondike, Graffiti Anywhere and a very few others that were not backed up.

It was simpler then the Sprint V1.10 update where I DID NOT make a tempuser and just did it on my normal profile.

Go for it.

Good luck, Matt
    Just for giggles, copy your profile folder (on your desktop) so you a back up if need be.
    Upgrade went perfectly for me. Sprint 1.20.

"what's the point of a thread posting where everything went okay?"

Don't you think the point was explained pretty clearly in the original post that started this thread? Did you read it?
    Perfect - Sprint CDMA. No problemo's
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    I upgraded perfectly. GSM CROW on Cingular. The best thing, my squeaky earpiece noise is completely and entirely GONE!! I can't believe it!
    everything went as smooth as silk, all i did was follow the directions. now, i will say that my phone is only days old and doesn't have loads of apps on it, but i can say with safety that i'm becoming a bigger and bigger fan each day, and thats coming from an extremely heavy blackberry user (which i don't think i will ever give up).

best successes to all
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast