Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Sprint User - no hard resets, no backups, a zillion contacts synching from Outlook, no problemo. Also no funky apps (Butler, Helper, Lightwave, etc.). Took about 15 minutes end to end, including reinstalling the stuff I deleted to make room in RAM (movies, PDF files, etc.).
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    It went perfect for me.

No hard reset. No new user profile. Just followed the directions on the Palm site.
    Same here...Although I backed up using BackUpBuddy just in case. Never had to use that backup or had to hard reset.
    Sprint user....no problems whatsoever. I was a little nervous after the load of people complained about it but mine went great!!
    GSM. I had my phone for 3 days and did my first update. I have since updated three times, downgraded once, back up to 3.04 and now to 3.05.

Never a hitch. I honestly believe if you do your homework...RTFM's that are now everywhere concerning updating. You will have no problems.

I have lightwav and a bunch of other stuff and never a problem. One thing I have seen on the boards that MIGHT cause a problem is the Aqua skins...Not placing blame there....just seen a few posts that indicated if they had that installed they had some issues.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    I even installed the voice edition of movierec and it worked perfectly
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    what's the point of a thread posting where everything went okay? I dont normally peruse the forums to find out what is going right on my Treo, do you?

A
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    I honestly believe if you do your homework...RTFM's that are now everywhere concerning updating. You will have no problems.
    do you work for Palm...or any software/hardware company? It never works this way for 100% of your user base.
    Perfecto!

Time: 10 minutes tops (and that's only because I had to go to the bathroom during the installation)
    # of resets: 0
    # of hairs pulled out: 0
    # of treo 600s thrown across the room in frustration: 0

Thank god for Treocentral.com or I probably wouldn't have known till today when I got an email from palmone.

-dan
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Worked flawlessly for me following PalmOne directions.
    everything went great with mine. sprint 1.10 to 1.20. I didn't have more than 4 megs free, and I use a Mac, which, according to the palmone site, would require 12 megs of free space on the treo. not so sure why loading the prc from a mac would need more space on the treo, but whatever. so I just did a backup to my sd card with backupbuddy vfs, hard reset, created a new temporary user to install the updater prc, ran it, then restored from the backupbuddy files. that put it back to my old hotsync name and everything was fine from there. very painless.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor
    what's the point of a thread posting where everything went okay? I dont normally peruse the forums to find out what is going right on my Treo, do you?

A
    I think it's good for the people who come to the site to read up on things like the update and see entire threads started with titles like "TREO 600 SPRINT UPDATE, DON'T DO IT, IT'S REALLY BAD." etc.

They might be turned off by that sort of nonsense. Showing that the update does and can go smoothly isn't such a bad thing.
    Absolutely no problems. No hard reset or new profile involved. I followed directions and everything went as expected.
    Just like me. I don't think it's really accurate to say you had no problem and then describe the special steps (not given in the Palm instructions) you had to take to successfully upgrade.

I too had "no problems" but that is because first it failed then I followed some of the advice from forums indicating that the backup file had to be segregated, renamed or whatever. That's what I had to do, and then to pick up the little pieces took another ten minutes to be sure I hadn't forgotten an app or two.

I do have one additional quirk (to add to the multitude that the Treo600 has perfected), and that is that my screen has one very bright spot towards the center. I don't know whether this was there before the upgrade, but I sure didn't noticed it until afterwards. Oh, and the uprgrade did not cure the annoying resets that occur when some favorites are chosen while browsing. That sure would be nice to fix, but this didn't do it.

So I would say they were not major problems, but they were problems for which Palm, or Sprint, whoever, did not poroperly prepare their consumer base. I would say good technology should be user friendly enough that ordinary consumers should not have to either read a forum or fail. That's my spiel, and it's how I feel. Rhymes.
    Mine worked fine with the exception of previously having the Beta Mail app installed. Deleted all the associated files and the new "ROM" version took over. Everything is dreamy.
    Canada - Rogers

Except a nasty reboot loop caused by a auto GSM on/off utility that I forgot to deactivated (shame on me), everything was fine. It took about 10 minutes.

Great update, especially for the voice recording capability.
    Except having to delete the memopad backup before the restore would work...
    And I didn't lose my memo's!!!

Cool Cool Cool!
    Any of you lucky people with perfect update experiences encountering "SLOW" radio shut downs when you power off the radio? Any ideas?

Bob Duckworth
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Backup to Card, Hard Reset, Upgrade, Restore. No Problems whatsoever, with either Sprint 1.1 or 1.2.
    same here
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Nary a problem with either Sprint 1.1 or 1.2. I just followed the directions and both went without a hitch.
    Same here. Perfect 1.1 and 1.2 Sprint upgrades.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast