Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I purchased the Bluetrek adapter from
    http://www.iseattlecommerce.com/merc...y_Code=adapter
    and it works perfectly with any Bluetooth headset.
    UK users be advised, Mobiliti are very reasonable to deal with. It cost me 19 including postage and packing. A bit fiddly having two devices to charge but the battery life on the adapter seems to go on forever. The adapter comes with four different leads for different phones including the 2.5 for the Treo 600, charger and booklet telling you how to change the profiles for different headsets. Easy once you read the manual. Pairs easily. Its black, not silver like in the advert.
    Regards
    TC
    PS It comes 'snailmail' so it takes about two weeks. I'd forgot I'd ordered it and then it quietly turned up in a jiffy bag. Be patient, well worth the wait if you must have Bluetooth.
    I am outrageously happy in my stupidity - Snoopy Poster (circa 1970)
    Does the manual contain anything about this working with the handsfree or file transfer profile?

My car (Acura TL) has bluetooth included and I would to get the treo to work with it. Anybody else try this with the Acura TL?
    good news...

let us know how it performs will you?
    <<< insert witty comment here >>>
    I just got a new BMW 530i that is supposed to have this working, but it won't be ready for another couple of months. I have both the Treo 600, and my older Sony t68i with BlueTooth. I'd love to know if this works!
    Hmm... just to clarify something for me... If I had this bluetooth adapter, and a bluetooth adapter on a PC with an internet connection shared out, could I use my treo 600 to surf the net using the PC's connection - and hence have much faster speeds?
    (sorry if this is a stupid question, I have not had a real need to dive into anything bluetooth - I must be getting old...)
    thanks,
    rob
    Sorry, but I am almost certain that the BlueTrek adapter is limited to connecting a phone (or the Treo 600) to a wireless headset, for listening and speaking wirelessly. It plugs into the 2.5mm stereo plug, not the SD card slot or the serial port connector. I suspect it won't even work for stereo music listening, though you might get music in one ear.
    You are correct, this is not FULL Bluetooth. This is only to use a wireless headset with a non bluetooth phone
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Are you able to answer and end a call with the headset? Which type of Headset are you using? Thanks
    yeah man. don't keep us hanging any longer.
    how about some screenshots? (seeing as there are no actual photos of the thing on the product page.)
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by biscoradio
    Hmm... just to clarify something for me... If I had this bluetooth adapter, and a bluetooth adapter on a PC with an internet connection shared out, could I use my treo 600 to surf the net using the PC's connection - and hence have much faster speeds?
    (sorry if this is a stupid question, I have not had a real need to dive into anything bluetooth - I must be getting old...)
    thanks,
    rob
    I've tried it on my Vaio. It sees it but says it is not a supported item.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    how about some screenshots? (seeing as there are no actual photos of the thing on the product page.)
    Are you looking at the same page as me. It's there on the left in all its silver glory !!!!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantBeer
    Does the manual contain anything about this working with the handsfree or file transfer profile?

My car (Acura TL) has bluetooth included and I would to get the treo to work with it. Anybody else try this with the Acura TL?
    Handsfree profile.
    That's actually a computer generated image. (Look closely.)
    I'd like to see actual real-life shots if you don't mind.
  14.    #14  
    http://www.iseattlecommerce.com/merc...y_Code=adapter
    Repost:

But if you do, then that's ok as well.
    Considering that I have the T|600 and a T|T3, does this mean I would have to purchase both a Bluetooth enabled AND Non Bluetooth headset since the Treo doesnt have bluetooth and the T|T3 does?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  17.    #17  
    Repost:

But if you do, then that's ok as well.
    I see what you mean. Sorry just a question of finding the time. I'll see what I can do but don't hold your breath. Realy busy at the moment.
    does this mean that you can send images and apps through bluetooth?
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by nssrac
    I see what you mean. Sorry just a question of finding the time. I'll see what I can do but don't hold your breath. Realy busy at the moment.
    No probs mate.
  20.    #20  
    No probs mate.
    Hello rudychow, picture as requested. Hope this helps and you did'nt want 8x4 from 20 different angles !!!!!!

Its the thing in the middle of the picture. Measures 5.5cm x 3.5cm by 2.0cm deep. Black. You can see all the different leads that come with it plus its charger. Hopefuly people will read my original email and see that I was just talking about BT headsets (not data). I was hoping this would be helpful to those who wanted to use their existing BT handsfree equipment, not who wanted to put a man into orbit using BT. I prefer WiFI, but each to his own.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nssrac; 05/18/2004 at 01:52 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast