1.    #1  
    I recently downloaded Sandman to turn off the screen light when on a call. I can't get it to work. When I tap the icon it turns the screen light off. Is there a preference menu to make setting changes? When I activate it while on a call it blocks out the call.

Any thoughts will be be appreciated.
    Sandman is no longer functioning to kill the screen on phone calls,ever since the Sprint v1.20 firmware upgrade. You can purchase a program called PhoneGuard for $8.99 that works with the upgrade.

Also, I have started a write-in campaign to the Developer of Sandman (chatsw@mailcan.com) to see if he would be willing to update his utility. Maybe you can send him a note too!
    sand man does work on my new update GSM 3.05
    all u need to install is :

Sandman.prc

and this file:

Fakecarkit.prc

works like a charm
    Quote Originally Posted by xaix
    sand man does work on my new update GSM 3.05
    all u need to install is :

Sandman.prc

and this file:

Fakecarkit.prc

works like a charm
    xaix,

I have Sandman installed, and I downloaded and installed Fakecarkit.prc. I can see the file through FileZ installed in ROM, but there is no icon for it. How do I activate the file? Do I need to do a soft reset? Is their some procedure I should follow? I have both files installed, but Sandman is still misbehaving...
    Is it possible for your to tell me where i can find the fakecarkit.prc, that would be a nice addition.
    i got it when i download sandman.prc on the oficial website
    i forgot where
    upon isntallation it will say .. do u want fakecarkit.prc to be installed ? then press YES
    remove fakecarkit before installing sandman ..

if not that popup wont come up ..
    I thought the asking "do you want to install fakecarkit.prc" only happens with "Phone Guard."?
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I thought the asking "do you want to install fakecarkit.prc" only happens with "Phone Guard."?
    lgreenberg,

I also have a Sprint treo600. Fakecarkit.prc installs as a hidden file. I used FileZ to unhide it, and then I "activate" it by selecting it. Next I try installing Sandman again, however it doesn't change anything.

Have you had any luck???
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Nah, haven't even tried.

Like I said, I'm just going to use Phone Guard.