1.    #1  
    Well, it looks like we Sprint users are getting close to having a *real* in-car solution for the Treo.

Between the PalmOne kit soon to be released and the Seidio kit looking to hit Real Soon Now (tm), I'm hung up in a bit of a dilemma. The advance info on the Seidio kit puts it in the lead, IMO - audio out jack, GPS receiver support and not nearly as expensive as the PalmOne kit.

However, I can't find any comparable info on the PalmOne kit. Hopefully, some of you existing users of the PalmOne kit can assist.

1. Does the PalmOne car kit have an audio out jack? If so, what is it? RCA, 3.5mm or 2.5mm? If not, has anybody cracked into theirs to install one?

3. Does the PalmOne car kit have any switching mechanism between MP3 mode & phone mode? If so, is it manual or automatic? Does it work? If not has anybody cracked the thing open to put one in?

TIA - tdh
  2.    #2  
    bump...
    I have questions too.

1. Any CAR KIT have a built in FM Transmitter?
    2. Sure would like the switching between MP3 and phone to be automatic. It's not "handsfree" if I have to manually toggle it!
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    I too am anxious to get a car kit now that the Sprint software update is out. I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of the Seidio kit vs. the THB (PalmOne) kit. The biggest detriment to the THB model, of course, is the price. $200 is pretty steep IMO. However, it looks like you get the external antenna option which you don't get with the Seidio. Also, there might be an argument for the THB as being more "future-proof" in that you theoretically only need to invest in the base unit once; when the day comes to move to a different phone, you just need to buy a new "cradle". (assuming they have a cradle to support your new phone...)

Any other opinions on the 2 or first hand experience with either?
    Quote Originally Posted by tdhood
    1. Does the PalmOne car kit have an audio out jack? If so, what is it? RCA, 3.5mm or 2.5mm? If not, has anybody cracked into theirs to install one?
    There is no audio out jack.

Quote Originally Posted by tdhood
    3. Does the PalmOne car kit have any switching mechanism between MP3 mode & phone mode? If so, is it manual or automatic? Does it work? If not has anybody cracked the thing open to put one in?
    TIA - tdh
    I'm not sure I understand this question.
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc
    I too am anxious to get a car kit now that the Sprint software update is out. I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of the Seidio kit vs. the THB (PalmOne) kit. The biggest detriment to the THB model, of course, is the price. $200 is pretty steep IMO. However, it looks like you get the external antenna option which you don't get with the Seidio. Also, there might be an argument for the THB as being more "future-proof" in that you theoretically only need to invest in the base unit once; when the day comes to move to a different phone, you just need to buy a new "cradle". (assuming they have a cradle to support your new phone...)

Any other opinions on the 2 or first hand experience with either?
    Please check out my comments in this thread
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post