1.    #1  
    I need an unlocked T-600, primarily for use with a US carrier, but also to allow use in Europe and India. It looks like T-Mobile will provide the cheapest data service within the US, and the best international roaming possibilities, in case I don't use a local carrier within the countries I'm visiting. However, T-Mobile phones are locked, and many posters to this forum believe that some Cingular phones are not locked. Given that letstalk.com has $500 Cingular phones (w/out service), unlocked phones on ebay are about $600, and direct online prices are > $700, I really like to know if all current Cingular T-600s are unlocked.

Thanks,

-- Nigel
    According to my sales rep, all their quad band phones are unlocked. As of right now, it includes the Treo 600 and the Motorola V400.
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Third Cingular T600 and all were unlocked!
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    I received my cingular t600 from letstalk.com and yes it is unlocked. I am using it with my tmo plan.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mombaza
    I received my cingular t600 from letstalk.com and yes it is unlocked. I am using it with my tmo plan.
    Out of curiosity: did you have a Cingular plan when you purchased the t600 / Cingular / Phone-only (not new service/extension) ? I tried to purchase this phone from letstalk and it appears that they expect you to provide Cingular plan info before shipping the phone to you.
    No, I do not have a cingular plan. I purchased the phone only option for $399 w/o activation (1 month ago). They did ask me if I had a cingular service and I said no. They did ship the phone with a new cingular sim card, i guess, hoping that I would activate it.
    i have a cingular unlocked phone that i use a tmo plan with. it works great, however, there are times when i have to 'reset' the connection to make it work. to do this, i must go out of wireless mode, then restart wireless mode. when i hit browser or mail, it tries to connect to the vpn first, gives me an error, then works fine.

anyone else out there experienced similar problems and have a work around? there is no need to default to the tmo vpn upon initialization, and i can't figure out how to reorder the connection progress.

thoughts?

jb