1.    #1  
    Hi:
    there are some apps that I load on my SD card that work fine and others do not. When I check in Filez.. the files are there ( on the card ) but I cannot access them. Am I missing something? Do the directories on the Card have to be set up in a specific way?

Thanks for your help or pointing to a thread. I have searched to no avail.

bruce in belle Harbor
    In my expereince not every application will actually run on the SD card.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyy7
    Hi:
    there are some apps that I load on my SD card that work fine and others do not. When I check in Filez.. the files are there ( on the card ) but I cannot access them. Am I missing something? Do the directories on the Card have to be set up in a specific way?

Thanks for your help or pointing to a thread. I have searched to no avail.

bruce in belle Harbor
    As lgreenberg stated, it is not advisible to directly install all you apps to the expansion card. This is b/c man apps require that they be memory resident to function properly and thus will not work off the expansion card. Secondly, if you do install to the expansion card, make sure it is in the proper directory which is typically /palm/launcher as defined by the install tool...

Anyway, I would advise you NOT to directly install anything to the card in the first place! Instead you should invest in a 3rd party memory manager like PowerRun, TealAlias or zLauncher. These apps will automatically move apps to the card and leave small shortcuts in ram. When you launch the shortcuts, the memory managers will automatically copy the apps to ram and then move them back to the appropiate dir when you exit. It also allows you to organize the shortcuts the way you like instead of cluttering up your launcher directory...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Many apps CAN be installed directly to the SD card. Some that I have directly installed are CSoptRun, JpegWatch, RescoView, Kaluach, LionDoc, PleiadAtlas, MobiPocket, SiED, SplashID, and SplashMOney. Others do need ZLauncher or PowerRun or something similar.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad