Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    This maybe a question that has already been asked, or just common knowledge, but I just installed the new LightWav w/ GIF support, but I don't know how to load my GIF on my Treo. Help please...
  2. #2  
    Animated gif with extension ".gif" is not a valid extension for Treo600 (and other Palm devices)
    But you can use a "Register Extension" application like the following

    RegX

    Unzip RegX and install it in your Treo600.
    Open the application and Register extension "gif"
    Now you can beam the gif to your Treo.....
    RegX application will receive the file and store it in your memory card
    Then you can move the file in any location you like in your card, with any file manager.
    Note: You must have memory card in order to work this application or others.

    Hope this one helps
    .....
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by desmondhuz
    This maybe a question that has already been asked, or just common knowledge, but I just installed the new LightWav w/ GIF support, but I don't know how to load my GIF on my Treo. Help please...
    Do you have a card reader? If you're going to be using LightWav or PocketTunes, you really should get one anyway. It makes transferring those large mp3 files soooooo much faster, and then you can directly load things like picture files in whatever format.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by desmondhuz
    This maybe a question that has already been asked, or just common knowledge, but I just installed the new LightWav w/ GIF support, but I don't know how to load my GIF on my Treo. Help please...
    lwav has this already builtin. just launch lwav to register then drag and drop the gifs onto the InstallTool app.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  5. #5  
    Hi Smiley,
    just the man/woman I'm looking for. I downloaded Lightwav yesterday (trial) because as you may know I had a terrible experience with CallShiled (so I wanna try LW before I buy it). Anyways, I installed it in my Treo600 (all in the card, with the execption of some file I was asked to place in the card's pic folder). It didn't work.
    So I thought I might have placed a file in the wrong folder (I placed everything in Palm/Launcher with the exception of that file) so I deleted and used Hotsync (I figure it would know where everything is suppose to go). The problem is that Lightwav is not finding any of my MP3's (the ones I play in PT) except for the one I got in the demo (The Rush Hour one). Also, I assigned that MP3 to my boyfriend (Rush Hour) to test it out but it didn't work. It just vibrated (I put the midi ringtones on silent like the manual asked me to).

    What am I doing wrong?
    Those this have anything to do with the fact that it's a trial (I only read that the converter and something else would not be operational till I purchase the software)?
    I read somewhere that it would at least let you assign MP3's ringtone.

    Also, the sample Gif's provided are not in there either (I also added them to my phone but when I tried to assign a gif it didn't find any).

    Can you point me in the right direction?
    Thanks in advance.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    Hi Smiley,
    just the man/woman I'm looking for. I downloaded Lightwav yesterday (trial) because as you may know I had a terrible experience with CallShiled (so I wanna try LW before I buy it). Anyways, I installed it in my Treo600 (all in the card, with the execption of some file I was asked to place in the card's pic folder). It didn't work.
    So I thought I might have placed a file in the wrong folder (I placed everything in Palm/Launcher with the exception of that file) so I deleted and used Hotsync (I figure it would know where everything is suppose to go). The problem is that Lightwav is not finding any of my MP3's (the ones I play in PT) except for the one I got in the demo (The Rush Hour one). Also, I assigned that MP3 to my boyfriend (Rush Hour) to test it out but it didn't work. It just vibrated (I put the midi ringtones on silent like the manual asked me to).

    What am I doing wrong?
    Those this have anything to do with the fact that it's a trial (I only read that the converter and something else would not be operational till I purchase the software)?
    I read somewhere that it would at least let you assign MP3's ringtone.

    Also, the sample Gif's provided are not in there either (I also added them to my phone but when I tried to assign a gif it didn't find any).

    Can you point me in the right direction?
    Thanks in advance.
    please send me email at support@toysoft.ca and i will be glad to help you out.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    Hi Smiley,
    just the man/woman I'm looking for. I downloaded Lightwav yesterday (trial) because as you may know I had a terrible experience with CallShiled (so I wanna try LW before I buy it). Anyways, I installed it in my Treo600 (all in the card, with the execption of some file I was asked to place in the card's pic folder). It didn't work.
    So I thought I might have placed a file in the wrong folder (I placed everything in Palm/Launcher with the exception of that file) so I deleted and used Hotsync (I figure it would know where everything is suppose to go). The problem is that Lightwav is not finding any of my MP3's (the ones I play in PT) except for the one I got in the demo (The Rush Hour one). Also, I assigned that MP3 to my boyfriend (Rush Hour) to test it out but it didn't work. It just vibrated (I put the midi ringtones on silent like the manual asked me to).

    What am I doing wrong?
    Those this have anything to do with the fact that it's a trial (I only read that the converter and something else would not be operational till I purchase the software)?
    I read somewhere that it would at least let you assign MP3's ringtone.

    Also, the sample Gif's provided are not in there either (I also added them to my phone but when I tried to assign a gif it didn't find any).

    Can you point me in the right direction?
    Thanks in advance.
    Don't forget on the LW trial, the mp3 ringers you use must be less than 1 meg.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    Don't forget on the LW trial, the mp3 ringers you use must be less than 1 meg.
    I make my own MP3 ringtones (with GoldWave) and they are all under 1MB.
    But I got through already thanks to Smiley.

    Thanks all for your great help.

Posting Permissions