1.    #1  
    is there a way to make a profile when i only want to hotsync mp3's and not everything else? i made a profile for files but that only does prc files.
    Right click on the hot sync icon in your system tray on your pc.

Select custom.

Change everything to "do nothing."
    Thanks lgreenberg! I always wondered how do I hot sync only the downloads and nothing else as it takes too much time.

When I was a PPC owner I knew how to do these things, now with the Smartphone I struggle just to keep up, let alone remember anything.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Right click on the hot sync icon in your system tray on your pc.

Select custom.

Change everything to "do nothing."
    I did this but then when I try to add mp3's I cannot select "list all files" from the pull down menu and thus can't pick mp3s. all that the pulldown menu lists are prc files etc..
    Did you try simply dragging your MP3 files into the install tool window?
    Hey Igreenberg,
    I do the custom thing in Hotsync, however Chapura Pocket Mirror had a fast solution where you'd just click on it (you had diff options...either just install, or desktop overrides palm and so forth for just one sync then it would go back to how it was set up).

Can't Hotsync do this?
    I think it takes to much time to go in to Hotsync's customs and click 'do nothing' for each and all of the syncs (which by the way I have many b/c of all the stuff I have in my T600).
    Does anyone know if Hotsync or any other syncing software does this?
    Quote Originally Posted by morphiend
    is there a way to make a profile when i only want to hotsync mp3's and not everything else? i made a profile for files but that only does prc files.

Yes, you can do this with freeware version of Pilot Install. Just select "add to card" and you can select mp3's which it will transfer to the appropiate directories. The advantage of PI is that it will transfer the files without havign to go through the whole hotsync. I personally transfer all my apps this way...

Of course, other options for transferring large file like mp3's include: a card reader, card export (making your sd card a logical drive), palm install tool, and card sync software like bluesync...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions