Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Can't someone PLEASE make this thing that we have spent so much money on support BLUETOOTH!!!! Anyone?? I'm on my 3rd Treo 600, the least they could do is support Bluetooth.

Thanks
    I too am on my third treo 600. I however have no expectation that this will compel anyone to put bluetooth in the 600. That's a pretty poor reason, but maybe some generous PalmOne employee will read this thread and take pity on us.

I don't think bluetooth support would have made the treo any less likely to fail, but hey anything is possible.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    i tot sandisk is making one bluetooth sd card for the palm os 5
    just its still under development i think ..
    also wifi low voltage card ..
    Folks - this is NOT a Handspring issue - this is a Sprint issue. They won't allow (or killed) any bluetooth phone devleopment because it makes it to easy to connect to a notebook and allow direct internet browsing over their network. Direct your pleas to Sprint if you want to see bluetooth on any Spritn network phone.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Folks - this is NOT a Handspring issue - this is a Sprint issue. They won't allow (or killed) any bluetooth phone devleopment because it makes it to easy to connect to a notebook and allow direct internet browsing over their network. Direct your pleas to Sprint if you want to see bluetooth on any Spritn network phone.

If this was true then all GSM treos would support Bluetooth.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    I saw the subject and figured it meant that Bluetooth was finally available. Now I'm sad. I wish people would use descriptive subjects or perhaps piggyback on one of the 100 previous threads on the topic.
    I thought the same thing when I saw the title

In any case, just for info basis. I read somewhere (sorry, can't remember where but if I see it again I will post it) Sandisk claiming that the reason they have not created or finish creating the wifi card with Bluetooth for the Treo is due to Handspring not making it easy for them.

Gosh I wish I'd read more carefully or paid more attention to it so that I can convey better.

Anyways, I'll look for the article and post it later.
    BRB.
    In no way is this a Sprint issue. As much as we would like to blame Sprint with so much that is wrong with their service and everything, and they are to blame for much, it's not their fault. This topic has been discussed in these forums to no end. There are Bluetooth driver problems with PalmOS5 and also SD card slot power issues with the Treo600. There are other things involved also. Looks like you'll have to look elsewhere for Bluetooth if it's that important to you or hope the Treo610 lives up to the hype.
    Bluetooth and the Treo 600 by a TreoCentral Fan.
    First off thanks for all your help and advice as on the various threads around this excellant forum.
    I am using the Bluetrek now all the time, and it works fine.
    What you need is a Bluetrek bluetooth headset and dongle,the Dongle plugs into the 2.5 mm heaphone jack and tramits to to the headset via bluetooth.
    The standard headset should come with BT07 Dongle and is easily available via E-Bay.com cost about $85=£56-ish.
    GoTo http://www.bluetrek.com/bluetrek/bluetrek.htm for details on both.
    Once you have these 2 items you can then keep the supplied headset or get the new Bluetrek G2 as I have, then sell the original headset back on E-Bay!
    Last edited by gadjet; 05/17/2004 at 02:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Hey Gatreo, dude, do everyone a favor and retitle your post so it isn't so misleading. You know, something like "Damn i want bluetooth" or "is bluetooth possible?" Everyone will appreciate it.
    drmrw on a treo 600 gprs t-mobile

"One out of 3 people has two people standing next to them..."
    Yo Gadjet,

Not sure where you are getting this as it's your first post. But it clearly says on their Web site

http://www.bluetrek.com/dongle/dongle_comp_sprint.htm

THat the only Sprint Compatible phones are some Motorola ones?? What were you trying to say? That you have a G2 and it works on your Treo 600?
    Check out the others under brand name to see the Treo 600 listed
    http://www.bluetrek.com/dongle/dongle_comp_others.htm
    This only list the cables needed for the dongle,mine came with this ACB-DGSTMT3688-01 cable.
    Well I will be damned. According to this

http://www.bluetrek.com/dongle/dongle_manual1.htm

You can use it with any non-bluetooth phone to make it bluetooth enabled. Is this a new product or did I miss a thread here? I figured the bluetooth people would be all over this. How does it attach to your Treo 600 though? Through a cord or something?
    As above the Dongle plugs into your 2.5mm headphone jack with a supplied lead, you then pair the dongle to the headset via the normal Bluetooth search routine until they find each other, takes about 5 sec's.
    And yes you can use this setup of Dongle and any Bluetooth headset, with any non Bluetooth phone..
    Tried it where I work on non Bluetooth Nokia's etc, and they all worked.
    Last edited by gadjet; 05/17/2004 at 02:33 PM.
    Agree with gadjet. Have had my bluetooth dongle for a few months. It is available from
    http://mobilitiwireless.com/?src=ove...cell+accessory
    and comes with mains charger and different leads for different phones including Treo 600. $24 plus postage. Cost me £20 all in at the end of the day. Battery charge seems to last forever. It is indeed profile selectable to work with any Bluetooth earpiece.
    Regards
    TC
    PS Have started another thread Gadjet to see what sort of interest there is or whether the techies think its 'old hat' and a 'tacky' way round to getting BT on a Treo 600
    Last edited by nssrac; 05/17/2004 at 03:45 PM.
    I am outrageously happy in my stupidity - Snoopy Poster (circa 1970)
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Problem is that dongle only lets you cut the cord for your headset, it doesn't give you any other bluetooth features.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo
    Problem is that dongle only lets you cut the cord for your headset, it doesn't give you any other bluetooth features.
    What do you want ? Blood ?
    I am outrageously happy in my stupidity - Snoopy Poster (circa 1970)
    Do you know if that Mobiliti bluetooth adapter works with the Jabra FreeSpeak (which I already have for my previous bluetooth native phone) or will it only work with their headset?
    I'd want it to sync with my laptop or be detected by car. Well at least I would if I had *anything* else that used bluetooth.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast