Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. ab42's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
       #1  
    "Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them" = SnapperMail

    Looks like the j..k off's at SnapperMail have done it to us again.

    I guess when you don't have a product you just keep lying and telling people you do until you get it done. Some people that like the product are stupid enough to believe it.

    Snappermail get real. Several of us need the product so just give us a date and stop jacking us around. Don't keep extending the time after its suppose to be released. Anyone else agree??
  2. #2  
    No, I don't...but then I've been around the software world as a developer, supporter and end user long enough to know that releasing before it's ready to placate the 'squeaky wheel' will cause more problems than getting it right.

    2.0 has good stuff and MAJOR changes, it's not easy to hit your original target date. Remember, they are target dates...not exact release times.

    I really don't get the 'doing it to us again', where does that come from? I've found the SM folks to be helpful, responsive and a pleasure to deal with.

    -Rob
  3. #3  
    I disagree as well. I think the worst that can be said is that they haven't done a great job of managing expectations. Their product, however, has always been excellent, and I've always enjoyed my interactions with Will.

    Marc
  4. #4  
    Mee too! I love that fish

    beilogistics@yahoo.com
    Christo

    "it's not the quantity, but the quality"

    There are NO Limits
  5. #5  
    I think you're alone on this one... except for their upgrade paths, they have me "hooked" for version 2.

    Woah, now that was a good pun.

    And don't disrespect Al Franken. The book was great, your post was not.
  6. ab42's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
       #6  
    The book was great. No disrespect.
    The product is great also, but there is no reason to keep get jacking us around.

    Just give us a real date for a real product. Yes I know the BS about giving us an estimated date, but are you telling me that after X number of months of wrong dates that they can't even post an update once every several weeks before the due date. Or even move the due date but don't do it after its due.
  7. cue79's Avatar
    Posts
    357 Posts
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    #7  
    I'm looking forward to SM2.0 so much I ordered a SD 512 Ultra card for it... And I'll continue waiting. Quite frankly, I don't mind the wait - it's just the lack of anything coming from the people who write the software. This is not a flame at them, as I'm sure that things are very busy over there in development - hell I don't even mind paying the upgrade fee even though I bought 1.92 only a few months ago. I'd just like something from the developers - not even a date... just a status report... something like :

    Hi Guys! I'm your friendly improbability drive computer! The improbability factor that Snappermail will be finished today is 1 billion two hundred sixty million three hundred twenty five thousand seven twenty three to the fifty sixth power negative two!

    Or something like that
  8. cue79's Avatar
    Posts
    357 Posts
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    #8  
    Speak of the devil .. This is from the Snappermail User Groups:

    Please read below:

    SnapperMail 2.0 is undergoing private beta testing and has been
    successfully syncing with IMAP servers since February. Since
    developmental timeframes are often prone to change we do not have a
    hard release date. Our intentions are to release a preview (beta)
    release to selected corporate customers and members of the press in
    May followed by a general public beta release at the start of June
    2004. Note these timeframes are subject to change, we appreciate
    your patience.
  9. #9  
    It's amazing how much flak Snapperfish has been catching over their IMAP upgrade to Snappermail. The degree to which people want or need a Snappermail IMAP client is probably a good indication of a) how good their POP3-only client is, b) how few options exist for IMAP on Palm OS, and c) how many satisfied Snappermail users there are out there (using the "frustrated users are more vocal" reasoning, which, I realize, only carries a certain amount of weight).

    I'm looking forward to an IMAP Snappermail client myself and wish they would release the software already, but if you're feeling jerked around by Snapperfish it's probably because your jerk is hanging out. Anticipation is one thing (everyone's excited, just try to relax), but if you have some kind of significant need for IMAP on your Treo, go with one of the other options already. Sheesh.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970
    Mee too! I love that fish

    beilogistics@yahoo.com

    u will be disapointed.

    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  11. #11  
    What are the other IMAP options for the Treo?
    As for me, I have Snappermail and find it to be okay. It's nothing all that spectacular compared to the free clients out there. Does it have a few more features? Yes, but knowing what I know now I probably wouldn't buy it again for POP3 use.

    Now, with AOL allowing IMAP access it would be nice to have a client that has that functionality. Would I pay $70 to Snapper for it? No. If they have a reasonable upgrade price...I may.

    As for Snapper being late with delivery? I'd always rather they get it right than release it early. Of course, they could have done a little better job at predicting the release date when they started hawking their new product.
  12. #12  
    Snappermail has been promissing version 2.0 and IMAP support for over a year - they're as bad as Microsoft with vaporware. I understand that this is a big change, but if it's as tough as they say it is then quit promissing the upgrade until you've got a handle on it. If there is a beta out there then throw a bone to the loyal users who have been waiting an eternity (in software release terms) and let them try it out. Short of some other app coming to the table with a great UI, and IMAP, they're not going to work any faster on the upgrade for us. If only Chatter handled attachments...

    Dunc
  13. #13  
    I'd be more than happy to Beta the software for them. I travel extensively, would be using it to pick up the corporate email with the IMAP feature - that's the main reason I bought it.

    The fact that my unlock code doesn't seem to work is another issue entirely...

    But yeah, I'll try a beta. Anyone know a way to ask?
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by kschoenberg
    What are the other IMAP options for the Treo?

    Versamail
    Basejet
    Chatter
    Corsoft Aileron
    Papi Mail
    Gopher King
    2bAnywhere
    Iambic Mail

    Snappermail is hardly is the only IMAP option out there FYI...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc
    Snappermail has been promissing version 2.0 and IMAP support for over a year - they're as bad as Microsoft with vaporware. I understand that this is a big change, but if it's as tough as they say it is then quit promissing the upgrade until you've got a handle on it. If there is a beta out there then throw a bone to the loyal users who have been waiting an eternity (in software release terms) and let them try it out. Short of some other app coming to the table with a great UI, and IMAP, they're not going to work any faster on the upgrade for us. If only Chatter handled attachments...

    Dunc
    I think when they have worked out all the bugs they will release version 2. They really produce excellent software.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnetb
    I think when they have worked out all the bugs they will release version 2. They really produce excellent software.
    what kind of bugs would they need to take 1 yr to fix? nothing is bug free. if they could manage 90% of the code bug free, it is good already.

    maybe they should just admin "we do not have the man power to get it done".

    i used SnapperMail 1.9. it is good. but i do not think i want to go with a software without IMAP function. the best is i can select between pop3 and imap, which VersaMail offers.
  17. #17  
    btw, i believe if users do not support snapperfish product, they would consider to improve their products and push out release as fast as possible.
    i know it might not help, such as we try not to fill up our tank tomorrow because the gas price is just too much and gas companies just rip us off.

    would you stop using snapperfish product till they push 2.0 with a better service and support out?

    i would.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by superfire
    would you stop using snapperfish product till they push 2.0 with a better service and support out?

    i would.
    I would / have. I've been using Chatter since the beginning of the year. If Chatter would support attachments, namely pictures, I'd dump Snappermail all together. Attachments are the only reason that I still have it on my Treo, and the only reason that I still run a POP3 daemon on my server.

    Dunc

Posting Permissions