1.    #1  
    I thought that with LightWav you could put someone's picture in so that when they call you would see it? Is that true or am i wrong? If so, how do you do it. Thanks
    you can assign the caller picture id to your favorites. not sure if LightWav can do the same thou.
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanrob
    I thought that with LightWav you could put someone's picture in so that when they call you would see it? Is that true or am i wrong? If so, how do you do it. Thanks
    It doesn't work off of favorites assignments and doesn't have the 50 limitation.

Lightwav 2.1 you can assign gif, animated gif, liv video files, mp3 audio files, to each of the contacts in your phonebook.
    Just make sure the .gif you use is in the DCIM folder on your SD card.
  5.    #5  
    I put the .gif in the DCIM folder but when I choose "select image" there is nothing available. What am i doing wrong. (I am accessing this thru the favorites button)
  6.    #6  
    I sent an e-mail to Toysoft Tech support, this is the response i got:

"yes that is correct.

please read the manual that is included in the zip file."

VERY DISAPPOINTING. I did review the manual and still had questions. I'll review it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    It doesn't work off of favorites assignments and doesn't have the 50 limitation.

Lightwav 2.1 you can assign gif, animated gif, liv video files, mp3 audio files, to each of the contacts in your phonebook.
    if you use lwav gif video callerid then there is no 50 limitation.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    I put the .gif in the DCIM folder but when I choose "select image" there is nothing available. What am i doing wrong. (I am accessing this thru the favorites button)
    you dont access the gif thru there, goto contact ringtones screen.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    What do you mean you're accessing it through the favorites button?
  10.    #10  
    I think i finally got it. What a Monday!

Alli, if you "Edit Favorite Button", then click "More" you have an option to attache an image. But it appears that it is only looking internally, not to the SD card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    Just make sure the .gif you use is in the DCIM folder on your SD card.
    I put the Gif that was included in the demo in the DCIM folder and still nothing.
    I also tried to assing the gif from the contact ringtone screen and it doesn't find neither the gifs, nor the mp3's I have in my card (only the one that came with the demo and i assigned it as a ringtone but it doesn't work...phone rings silent).
    I think i finally got it. What a Monday!

Alli, if you "Edit Favorite Button", then click "More" you have an option to attache an image. But it appears that it is only looking internally, not to the SD card.
    You are using the built in picture caller id, not the gif caller id that comes with LightWav. And yes, it only looks internally, and only works for the 50 names in your speed dial.
    Got it...when I hotsync the Gifs it created a folder called Lightwav inside the DCIM folder and added the Gifs there. But for the Gifs to work they have to be in the DCIM folder directly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    You are using the built in picture caller id, not the gif caller id that comes with LightWav. And yes, it only looks internally, and only works for the 50 names in your speed dial.
    So for Lightwav to show called ID it has to be in GIF form?
    What about all the jpg's I have...how do I convert those to GIFs.
    It's messed up b/c the Treo's camara saves the pics as jpgs...so does that mean that Lighwav can't use pics taken with the built in camara?
    Future release should do jpg caller id. In the meanwhile, most image editing software will convert jpgs to gifs.