Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just released SoundRec v1.0 on my web site at http://www.infinityball.com/. This version doesn't have anything fancy to it, just a simple voice memo recorder. It requires that your Treo 600 phone be updated with the latest firmware that supports recording sound. I plan to add the ability to adjust the volume levels, sound quality level, and export the audio as WAV to the SD card in the very near future.....as soon as I fix some bugs in MovieRec. Later.
  2.    #2  
    Oops, I'm delaying the release....I just realized that I left out the ability to delete recorded memos....check back in an hour.
    Many thanks in advance - both for SoundRec and for the ever-improving MovieRec!
  4.    #4  
    Ok, I uploaded SoundRec on my web site and everything should be working on it now. Later.
    Great Job! Just donated. Keep up the good work.

GM
    Excellent! Thanks Ryan!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRife
    Ok, I uploaded SoundRec on my web site and everything should be working on it now. Later.
    Thanks Randy: I'm very interested in SoundRec. (BTW thanks for MovieRec too). Please make SoundRec have some very easy, convenient way to start and stop recording sessions. I plan to use SoundRec for "on the fly" quick voice memos....and a simple way to start and stop a recording would be great!

I just sent a donation your way via PayPal.....thanks again.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by limoman
    Thanks Randy: I'm very interested in SoundRec. (BTW thanks for MovieRec too). Please make SoundRec have some very easy, convenient way to start and stop recording sessions. I plan to use SoundRec for "on the fly" quick voice memos....and a simple way to start and stop a recording would be great!

I just sent a donation your way via PayPal.....thanks again.

It's Ryan, but ok. You can do very quick recordings.....it may not look like it but the application supports the 5-way navigator, when the application launches if you press the center button it'll start recording, center button again to stop, etc...pressing a direction will change the focus, just like in any other Treo app. Later.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRife
    It's Ryan, but ok.
    Sorry Ryan....I was just so happy to hear about SoundRec, I lost my head for a second.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by limoman
    Sorry Ryan....I was just so happy to hear about SoundRec, I lost my head for a second.
    No problem.
  11.    #11  
    I'm in the process of copying and pasting the WAV import/export code from a ring tone application that I'm working on into SoundRec....so I should have WAV export/import support done very soon. Later.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Thanks Ryan! Can't wait for export!
    great stuff! can't wait to watch it evolve. just sent you a payment.

thanks
    A salute to you getting a working app out so fast !

Unfortunately, it suffers from the same MovieRec shortcoming.

It records it's data to the internal memory.

Many of us have 2-5 megs left of internal memory.

Both apps need to record to SD; not just have the ability to move over.
    You've done something great things for the Treo 600. Thanks.

Movie Recorder and Sound Recorder and awesome additions.

On my way to donate.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    A salute to you getting a working app out so fast !

Unfortunately, it suffers from the same MovieRec shortcoming.

It records it's data to the internal memory.

Many of us have 2-5 megs left of internal memory.

Both apps need to record to SD; not just have the ability to move over.
    The problem with recording to the SD card is that the speeds that are available are extremely slow. The maximum bandwidth that the Treo provides to the SD card is about 40kbps....while the audio in SoundRec is low enough to save to the card, for MovieRec storing sound and video is not possible. In order to get more than 2fps in MovieRec I'd need to be able to do about 20:1 compression on both the video and audio....which the Treo is not capable of doing in realtime. You'll notice the speed when you try to save a video in MovieRec to the SD card the counter in the top right of the screen....that's how long it's taking to save the to the SD card and it's using 100% of the Treo's resources to put the video on the card. I've got a couple compression methods that are fast enough that reduce the file size by about 20%, but again it's not enough to save directly to the SD card unless you want a slideshow instead of a video. There are some rumors that I'm trying to confirm that the firmware update increased the speed, but you'll have to wait until I get a chance to play with it. In the next release of SoundRec I'll have it save to the location where the prc is located (ie the sd card). Later.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Hi Ryan,

Just tested out sound recorder- impressive. Do you think you could add a reminder alarm to a recorded sound? Used to have a Nokia 8310 that could do that, quite a handy feature.....
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Hi Ryan,

Just tested out sound recorder- impressive. Do you think you could add a reminder alarm to a recorded sound? Used to have a Nokia 8310 that could do that, quite a handy feature.....

That's a good idea, I'll do that. Later.
    Tried out SoundRec -very impressive! Intuitive and very quick for "on the fly" notes! Thanks!!
    Ryan,

SoundRec is Great Simple Interface, easy to use.

Possible Future Evolutions ...
    Would it be possible to record a call if launched during a call. It its current form, only my side of the conversation is captured.

Also, cosmeticly it would be nice to have some kind of timmer visible while recording, just so you know how long its been recording.

Thanks for the great app. It has already earned a harkey position on my Treo.
Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast