Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    duh!! I had it on vibrate. Thanks ryan. I am very impressed!
    Larry
    I tried downloading from the 1.03 link, but instead I get 1.01.
    Great work, Ryan! This new version works great on my CDMA Treo!

My cousin also installed SoundRec in his Treo, but he's not having the same luck as me. He's getting the same problem millerhifi has been encountering -- static, garbled, and chipmunk playback when saved straight to his SanDisk card. Only works fine when he saves it internally first, and then exports it to the card.

The only difference I can find between his Treo and my Treo is that I use a 512MB SanDisk Ultra II card and he uses a regular SanDisk 256MB card. So, I popped in my 512MB Ultra II card into his Treo, recorded my voice with SoundRec, and the audio played back just fine now.

So now my cousin is going to buy a SanDisk Ultra II card tomorrow.

Thanks!!
    yhank you for the great new update
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Guess it's time to buy an Ultra 2 card!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    There's new version of SoundRec (1.031) that has the SD card option enabled and also has quality and record and playback volumes enabled in Prefs. So far so good, I did not see the distortion come back yet. It also has a nice new feature - to Export the recorded sound into .wav format. It works, but the implementation is not very nice - it locks up the Treo while it's exporting and there is no indication of progress or what's hapenning. Finally the Treo comes back to Life and a new .wav file apprears on the card. I have no idea what would happen if a call came in while it's exporting and the unit is locked up. I think this important function should be improved and a better user interface added.
    thanks
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by neill
    I tried downloading from the 1.03 link, but instead I get 1.01.
    http://www.infinityball.com/soundrec.prc is v1.031.
    This new version is working great for me.... I'm using 18Khz, with vol set at 3. Playback is fine when recording straight to SD card. Great job with this version!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRife
    Got it and love it! Thanks for the outstanding work, Ryan!
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    He's getting the same problem ....static, garbled, and chipmunk playback when saved straight to his SanDisk card.....he uses a regular SanDisk 256MB card.
    Soundrec works great on my SanDisk 256MB card with the settings Ryan uses on his configuration. Playback from the card sounds great! This is on a Sprint T600. I'm not sure the card is causing the troubled playback.
    I still have garbled speech when recording direct to my SanDisk 256MB SD card (not an Ultra) with essentially any settings--works fine to RAM.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    I still have garbled speech when recording direct to my SanDisk 256MB SD card (not an Ultra) with essentially any settings--works fine to RAM.
    I use a SanDisk 512MB SD card (also not an Ultra), and my recordings direct to the card sound fine. I had to find a setting that worked for me. Some settings were garbled. I settled on: Playback Volume 3; Recording Volume 2; Sound Quality 8 KHz. This is on a Sprint Treo.

Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Version 1.031 works perfectly on mine. I have it set to "Save audio to external card". Playback volume - 4, Recording volume - 4, Sound quality - 24khz. I am using a brand new 2004 SanDisk SD 512 sd card (NOT an Ultra)with a gsm 600.

Kirby
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    After reading Exciter's settings, I thought I'd give them a try on my unit. They sounded garbled, so I went back to my original settings and now they sound garbled too. I was able to get my original settings to work again by removing the SD card and reinserting it. But even that was a bit shaky and now I found my earlier settings were not always working for me. Hmmmmmm.

So, I unchecked the "Save Audio To External Card". Tried recording again and this sounded fine. Then I exported to the SD card and it still sounded fine. So I'm guessing the problem has to do with the initial recording to the SD card, not its ability to play back the audio.

Until this problem is resolved, you can use a low quality setting and initially save to RAM, it shouldn't eat up too much memory. Then you can export it over to the SD card at your convenience.
    My SanDisk 512MB Ultra II card can do voice recording straight to card just fine with the Sound Quality up to max, 44.1 khz.

And my SanDisk 256MB (regular) can do voice recording straight to card just fine with Sound Quality 14 khz or below. If I go higher than 14 khz, I get the garbled fast paced playback.
    Quote Originally Posted by ComicMasta
    Ryan,

SoundRec is Great Simple Interface, easy to use.

Possible Future Evolutions ...
    Would it be possible to record a call if launched during a call. It its current form, only my side of the conversation is captured.

Also, cosmeticly it would be nice to have some kind of timmer visible while recording, just so you know how long its been recording.

Thanks for the great app. It has already earned a harkey position on my Treo.
    When I launch it during a call, it doesn't record anything and shuts off.
    2 issues:

1) Recording a phone conversation, the other side seems to be really really faint. How do I make that louder?

2) How do I transfer the saved wav file to my PC?
    1) For the phone conversation, you are correct in that the remote caller is faint (but hearable, at least when I tested it). If you put it on speakerphone it records just fine!

2) If you "move" the .wav file to the SD card you can use a card reader to get it to your PC (/PALM/Programs/SoundRec/ directory). I'm pretty sure if you put additional .wav files in that directory then SoundRec will see them and be able to play them.
    Does anyone know if Ryan is planning to add an alarm feature to soundrec? With vibrate?
    Did you ask him ?
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast