Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    when you playback your recording saved to the sd card it sounds good? What are you vol/rec settings set to in the prefs?
    I'm using 12khz, mic of 3, volume of 3....sounds just like if I saved it to internal memory.
    No go on my unit too. Ram is great, no workie on the card.
    I don't know why it's not working for me. It sounds like it's in highspeed. Like fast fowarding on a cd. I have vol set to 1 rec set to 2 and I'm at 16khz
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Ryan it works great no longer do i have static and it works from my card now if you can get alarms added it will become a must have ap

Fred
  5.    #125  
    I don't know why it's not working for me. It sounds like it's in highspeed. Like fast fowarding on a cd. I have vol set to 1 rec set to 2 and I'm at 16khz
    Try recording to the internal memory and using hte export function and see if that works.
    I'm curious to know what some of you are now using as your sound settings...

Here's what I found works just right for me:

Playback Vol: 4
    Recording Vol: 2
    Sound Quality: 16khz
    i am using

Playback volume 2

Recording Volume 2

Sound Quality 20
    Ryan if I record it to ram and then export that recording to sd card then it works fine.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Same with my Sprint unit. Copy to card from RAM, works fine. Direct to card, gargle
  10.    #130  
    I just uploaded v1.031 to my web site. It helps reduce the problem when saving to the SD card. There was a small bug in the code that was causing some data from not being recorded....now from 4-20khz should sound fine on most Treos. People with high speed cards may be able to go higher. Later.
    Just tried 1.031. No change at different khz's.
    Oh well. Thanks for the help.
    Still a great app recording to the RAM.
    Thanks Ryan!
  12.    #132  
    The speed up of the audio, when saving directly to the card, occurs when the data rate is higher than what the SD card can record....so if you're recording 20kbps and your card can only write 15kpbs....the system will be 5kpbs behind when the next packet of audio is available, after that packet it'll be 10, then 15, etc...causing the continual speed up of the audio. Audicity (or whatever its called) comes with a utility that will report the max recommended sample rate it can store audio at....you may want to try it.
  13.    #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mort
    Just tried 1.031. No change at different khz's.
    Oh well. Thanks for the help.
    Still a great app recording to the RAM.
    Thanks Ryan!

What brand of SD card are you using? What khz are you running at? Later.
  14.    #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRife
    The speed up of the audio, when saving directly to the card, occurs when the data rate is higher than what the SD card can record....so if you're recording 20kbps and your card can only write 15kpbs....the system will be 5kpbs behind when the next packet of audio is available, after that packet it'll be 10, then 15, etc...causing the continual speed up of the audio. Audicity (or whatever its called) comes with a utility that will report the max recommended sample rate it can store audio at....you may want to try it.

A user just told me with a SanDisk Ultra 2 card he can record directly to the card at 44.1khz w/o problems....anybody else try the SD U2?
    I'm using a Sandisk card and recording at 15khz. Version 1.031 is better but still garbled.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  16.    #136  
    I'm using a Sandisk card and recording at 15khz. Version 1.031 is better but still garbled.
    If somebody could send me some sample WAV of some bad files so I can look at the data that would really help. Later.
    Sent you a couple of files.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Soundrec works great for me, settings 16KHz, record volume 2, playback 5. Works great recording either to RAM or to a Sandisk card. Wonderful!
    The sound and movie recorder look impressive. I get no sound on either one though. Anyone have any ideas. The voice recorder was the one item I was upset the treo 600 did not have...now it can be perfect
    Larry
  20.    #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by lmaglione
    The sound and movie recorder look impressive. I get no sound on either one though. Anyone have any ideas. The voice recorder was the one item I was upset the treo 600 did not have...now it can be perfect
    Do you 1) have the firmware that allows sound recording? (get it from www.palmone.com), 2) have the silence switch (or vibrate) turned on? That seems to be the two most common problems. Later.
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast