Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46
    I'm getting crashes and yes I have done the update. Are there other programs that are know to conflict with it. I can run the movie recorder for 5 seconds and stop it and it will work fine. Longer than 5 seconds and it crashes. The sound recorder crashes after about 1 second. When I say crash. I mean cause soft reset.

What phone model are you running? And how much free memory do you have? There seems to be problems with updated CDMA phones that I have not been able to reproduce on my GSM treo.
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    when do you think the next verision will be coming out i know that this one has only just come out but its such a godd app. what changes are you going to make?
    I plan to release a new version soon (next few days) that will include the ability to store audio directly to the SD card as WAV files (this is to help out people with very little free space on their treo) and have the ability to adjust the audio quality and volume levels....and hopefully fix the humming problem. Future releases will include the features that are mentioned a few posts back on this thread. Later.
    Please add a signiture to your posts to include your website.
    http://www.infinityball.com
    For fun & profit & Christ,
    TWF in Chicago
    Today I have updated my Treo 600 with the unbranded updater released today and was very pleased how well the soundrec worked and how good the sound quality was. My elation was short lived, though. Later in the day I have found that the recorded sound became very distorted. There are no settings on the present version, so I don't know what cased this drastic quality reduction. Any ideas Ryan?
    thanks
    Yes, I've had similar problems with the distortion. It may be due to the differences in the sensitivity between speakerphone mode and regular phone mode (where your mouth is when you're talking). Maybe an option to adjust the gain level is in order?

Other than that, GREAT APP!!

-me
    -C
    Quote Originally Posted by ccrochet
    Yes, I've had similar problems with the distortion. It may be due to the differences in the sensitivity between speakerphone mode and regular phone mode (where your mouth is when you're talking). Maybe an option to adjust the gain level is in order?

Other than that, GREAT APP!!

-me
    I have not used it with speakerphone, only with the built-in microphone or the earplug. The distortion is now there with both the mike or the earplug and it is staying, making the recording useless, becuase it distorts so badly, you can't understand what's being said. The weird thing is that it started fine and worked fine. Perhaps if I delete some preference? Which one?
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifestar53
    Soundrec records both parties while using a handsfree earpiece I received free when I ordered my extended battery.
    Hi,
    (I'm a newbie poster...so please bear with me if I missed seeing an answer already).

My experience is it only records out of the microphone at the bottom. Thus, to record a phone call, speakerphone is a must. It doesn't seem to use the input jack (headset) at all. How did you (lifestar53) get it to work with a handsfree unit?
    That would be enough for me to record phone calls, as I usually use the headset for any reasonably long call (or when driving, juggling, skiing

Thanks!
    Great app, thanks. I've sent you a paypal donation.

I would like to see where you can give a description to the recording.

Sheryl
    Quote Originally Posted by infra4structure
    Hi,
    (I'm a newbie poster...so please bear with me if I missed seeing an answer already).

My experience is it only records out of the microphone at the bottom. Thus, to record a phone call, speakerphone is a must. It doesn't seem to use the input jack (headset) at all. How did you (lifestar53) get it to work with a handsfree unit?
    That would be enough for me to record phone calls, as I usually use the headset for any reasonably long call (or when driving, juggling, skiing

Thanks!
    My 1st attempt netted an equal volume between me and the other party who is on a landline, while using the earpiece (very loud phone on the other side), I tried later while making a voicemail call and the phone volume was lower than mine. I will try experiments tomorrow with both the Seidio 2 in 1 and my regular earpiece and make a report then. I believe there might be differences between the Handspring earpieces and the aftermarket ones.
    Don't be a dummy, buckle your safety belt.
    I can't explain why the SoundRec is "crashing" (soft-reseting) your Treo in LESS time than MovieRec, but I can tell you that I also downloaded the MovieRec app and it did the same thing to me. It happens the instant you run out of local memory. Now, that doesn't explain why it happens *faster* with SoundRec though... SoundRec has been working fine for me, and a 10-sec message seems to use about 1/2 MB (maybe a little less)
    I haven't used it in a car yet, but near my pc which produces a large humming sound. The MIC gain is set very high which Ryan (who made this) has addressed here. Background noise is being picked up in this release more than it should be. That's probably what you're hearing.
    Ryan:

Just flashed my Cingular T600 (now firmware 2.12 with software Treo600-1.11-CNG) without a problem. Installed SoundRec (and also MovieRec) and the app launches but I don't seem to be able to record. I can shift focus and use the 5-way for button presses, but Record stays on Record, and nothing happens (no crashes or hangs, either). It is as if SoundRec is ignoring me/brain dead (no offense...). I assume that I have some app that is interfering. Besides the usual Palm OS apps, I have:
    Pocket Radiologist (image/text database)
    BackupBuddyVFS
    Chagim (holiday database)
    Drawit and Custit (drawing app)
    Documents to Go (full package)
    ePocrates
    Filez
    FindHack (not a hack now...)
    HolidayUSA (holiday database)
    MovieRec
    mSafe (locking app/security)
    pTunes (full paid version)
    SoundRec
    SplashID
    SplashShopper
    TealDoc
    WirelessModem
    WorldFAQ (old database app).

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance--keep up the great apps.
    This question is for Ryan: Any idea why the sound quality of the recording is now so terrible when it worked fine at first? And how to fix it? This is on GSM Treo 600.
    I love this app; however, it won't let me "check the box" to save audio to the sound card. I use a Treo 600 Sprint with the 1.20 update (and an SD card). Any idea why it won't let me check the box?
    Cruising... there are a couple previous posts regarding this... the author of the software put the check box there as a place-holder in his programming... it will work in the next release, but does not yet.
    Ryan,
    MovieRec works great after updater! Great job.

The logical next steps for MovieRec:
    1) Ability to email MovieRec file from Treo
    2) VidPhone live from Treo to Treo (although location of camera/screen makes it rather impracticle w/o a mirror or something)
    For fun & profit & Christ,
    TWF in Chicago
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    Ryan:

Just flashed my Cingular T600 (now firmware 2.12 with software Treo600-1.11-CNG) without a problem. Installed SoundRec (and also MovieRec) and the app launches but I don't seem to be able to record. I can shift focus and use the 5-way for button presses, but Record stays on Record, and nothing happens (no crashes or hangs, either). It is as if SoundRec is ignoring me/brain dead (no offense...). I assume that I have some app that is interfering. Besides the usual Palm OS apps, I have:
    Pocket Radiologist (image/text database)
    BackupBuddyVFS
    Chagim (holiday database)
    Drawit and Custit (drawing app)
    Documents to Go (full package)
    ePocrates
    Filez
    FindHack (not a hack now...)
    HolidayUSA (holiday database)
    MovieRec
    mSafe (locking app/security)
    pTunes (full paid version)
    SoundRec
    SplashID
    SplashShopper
    TealDoc
    WirelessModem
    WorldFAQ (old database app).

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance--keep up the great apps.

Is that the latest firmware, I don't think it is?? Somebody confirm this for me. Later.
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruising
    I love this app; however, it won't let me "check the box" to save audio to the sound card. I use a Treo 600 Sprint with the 1.20 update (and an SD card). Any idea why it won't let me check the box?

You can't use that feature yet, it's disabled.
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by tcringer18
    I can't explain why the SoundRec is "crashing" (soft-reseting) your Treo in LESS time than MovieRec, but I can tell you that I also downloaded the MovieRec app and it did the same thing to me. It happens the instant you run out of local memory. Now, that doesn't explain why it happens *faster* with SoundRec though... SoundRec has been working fine for me, and a 10-sec message seems to use about 1/2 MB (maybe a little less)

Are you on a CDMA phone?
  20.    #100  
    Anybody here have any development experience with WAV files? I'm having problems getting exported audio to playback...works (sounds terrible) in Sound Record for windows but will not playback in Windows Media player. Later.
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast