Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by tcringer18
    Hey, you stole my word... <automagically>... I've been using it for about four years... what gives!!

Ryan, it lookslike everyone here is getting excited about the "things to come"
    You should start a list of all the already made suggestions and post them on your site or something so peope can quickly know what's already been suggested, what you cannot do, what you're currently working on, etc. Looks like it's going to become a terrific app to own and you sound like somebody worth supporting in that process. Hope everyone else agrees.

I've got a discussion forum on my web site where you can store suggestions....I've been writing them down as I get/see them. So far I plan to:

1) adjustable volume/quality settings
    2) save to sd card
    3) attach alarms to recordings (internally saved only)
    4) one button/quick launch recording
    5) rename the description of the recording
    6) display/store a recording time indicator
    7) change the UI a little

...and i'm sure i'm missing something else too...Later.
    I would love to be able to be able to use this to record my own Treo sounds ... as in "Master, it is your wife!"
    Nice application. During playback, I get interference noise in the background (ie: like changing a radio station in the car). Is this interference from the Treo unit itself? Is anyone else getting this too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesm
    I would love to be able to be able to use this to record my own Treo sounds ... as in "Master, it is your wife!"
    You can use this for that.
    Works well for me with Seidio 2 in 1 headset in music mode.
    Don't be a dummy, buckle your safety belt.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Ah, good ol' natural voice. I used it to create wav files for all my friends, voice mail, etc. I think the British Audrey voice is the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinebubble
    Ah, good ol' natural voice. I used it to create wav files for all my friends, voice mail, etc. I think the British Audrey voice is the best.
    I prefer U.S. Lauren
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRife
    I've got a discussion forum on my web site where you can store suggestions....I've been writing them down as I get/see them. So far I plan to:

1) adjustable volume/quality settings
    2) save to sd card
    3) attach alarms to recordings (internally saved only)
    4) one button/quick launch recording
    5) rename the description of the recording
    6) display/store a recording time indicator
    7) change the UI a little

...and i'm sure i'm missing something else too...Later.

saving the recording to use as ring tones,
    Sorry about the typing errors; I'm all thumbs.
    Soundrec records both parties while using a handsfree earpiece I received free when I ordered my extended battery.
    Don't be a dummy, buckle your safety belt.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I can't get soundrec to sync to my treo. i keep getting the install error:"the file soundrec.prc already exists in the download directory". Anyone know how to correct this?
    Why not download it directly to your Treo? That's how I install practically all my software. I have HandZipper installed for software that only is available in zip form; prcs install directly with Blazer.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    So far, great little freeware app! Kinda eats up the memory though...would be great to be able to record straight to SD cards, and I saw an option for that, but the checkbox wouldn't actually "check" - I think someone else mentioned this. Thanks for taking the time to write this Ryan!
    when do you think the next verision will be coming out i know that this one has only just come out but its such a godd app. what changes are you going to make?
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by ishiffrin
    I downloaded your program after speaking to a tech support person with Sprint. He mentioned the program and said it works well with the Treo600.

I installed the updater for version 1.20. I then downloaded your app. It does not work. It is so simple, but I cannot get it to work. I hit record, leave a short message and then select the file on the screen and select play. Nothing!! What am I missing?

Thanks
    Irv

you sure sound is on when you press play?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomer777
    So far, great little freeware app! Kinda eats up the memory though...would be great to be able to record straight to SD cards, and I saw an option for that, but the checkbox wouldn't actually "check" - I think someone else mentioned this. Thanks for taking the time to write this Ryan!

this option is disabled in this release.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinebubble
    How do you get the WAV file to be listed under your Treo ringers? Do I have to convert it to a MIDI first?

By the way, I think French Juliette is in love with me...she told me herself
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I was able to create a few wave files from this site. How do I get them installed and usable for the Treo 600 (SPrint).

THX

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    I'm getting crashes and yes I have done the update. Are there other programs that are know to conflict with it. I can run the movie recorder for 5 seconds and stop it and it will work fine. Longer than 5 seconds and it crashes. The sound recorder crashes after about 1 second. When I say crash. I mean cause soft reset.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Anyone tried recording sound while in a car? All I get is major static when the car is running. This happens with MovieRec, SoundRec, and Audacity.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46
    I'm getting crashes and yes I have done the update. Are there other programs that are know to conflict with it. I can run the movie recorder for 5 seconds and stop it and it will work fine. Longer than 5 seconds and it crashes. The sound recorder crashes after about 1 second. When I say crash. I mean cause soft reset.
    I can't comment on why SoundRec would crash, but if you record too long with MovieRec, you'll fill up internal memory, which will cause the crash. Ryan has mentioned that he's looking at ways to store directly to an SD card, but speed to write to the card is the issue.
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast