Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Ryan,

great application. excellent for recording thoughts on the fly.

Thanks. it will definitely be one of my most usefull options.
    Anyone knows where the GSM firmware update is that will allow us to use this great software?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    does this leave any *hidden files after you delete the recording?
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p
    622 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    yay.. once again i can record phone conversations when necessary. i can tell you switchin it to speakerphone mode works unuusally well.. it is in fact so loudly recorded that a volume setting would be most useful ^-^. Great job!
    BUMP - This is required software i can quickly see that i will not be able to live without it. thanks.
    Sorry about the typing errors; I'm all thumbs.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgarza
    does this leave any *hidden files after you delete the recording?
    No. It creates two database files that are needed to store the recordings. Later.
    I'd like to be able to record a new memo, "Remember to pick up kids at 3 pm". And then actually be able to set an alarm on this reminder for 3 pm.

The alarm would function similarly to a calendar alarm with a dialog.

I also like the ideas that others mentioned:
    1) delete button at bottom with the play and record
    2) blue focus around buttons
    3) timer indicator
    4) option to enable for instant record when opened- although this would have to allow for the app to be opened normally without recording starting right away to listen to recordings and also to allow for instant recording- maybe this is thru a hotkey to start, but most of us already have a lot of hardkeys enabled. The instant recording option needs to be launchable from launchers and the Phone favorites also. In this regrad, maybe there needs to be 2 apps- the normal SoundRec app and also a separate app SoundRec! that
    simply starts the app with instant recording- any button press afterwards stops recording, eg. Applications, Calendar, etc.
    I definitely think a great feature to include in a future release would be memo naming.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by experiment626
    I'd like to be able to record a new memo, "Remember to pick up kids at 3 pm". And then actually be able to set an alarm on this reminder for 3 pm.

The alarm would function similarly to a calendar alarm with a dialog.

I also like the ideas that others mentioned:
    1) delete button at bottom with the play and record
    2) blue focus around buttons
    3) timer indicator
    4) option to enable for instant record when opened- although this would have to allow for the app to be opened normally without recording starting right away to listen to recordings and also to allow for instant recording- maybe this is thru a hotkey to start, but most of us already have a lot of hardkeys enabled. The instant recording option needs to be launchable from launchers and the Phone favorites also. In this regrad, maybe there needs to be 2 apps- the normal SoundRec app and also a separate app SoundRec! that
    simply starts the app with instant recording- any button press afterwards stops recording, eg. Applications, Calendar, etc.
    The blue focus rings will appear if you press right or left, they're hidden by default and I'm not sure why....SDK problem. I'm working on the timer function now and I plan to included the recording time in with the description of the recording. The instant recording isn't really an option because there is no way to control how it launches.....i seriously doubt you'd want to make a recording every time you launch the app even when you're just wanting to playback a recording....however the two app concept would work. I am thinking about adding a one button record option....so if you hold down the space bar for 3 seconds (or whatever you want) it'll start recording automagically and when you let off the space bar it'll stop recording. Later.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    I definitely think a great feature to include in a future release would be memo naming.
    Working on it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRife
    it'll start recording automagically and when you let off the space bar it'll stop recording. Later.
    Hey, you stole my word... <automagically>... I've been using it for about four years... what gives!!

Ryan, it lookslike everyone here is getting excited about the "things to come"
    You should start a list of all the already made suggestions and post them on your site or something so peope can quickly know what's already been suggested, what you cannot do, what you're currently working on, etc. Looks like it's going to become a terrific app to own and you sound like somebody worth supporting in that process. Hope everyone else agrees.
    Very nice app! But I seem to have one problem - the "save to SD card" check box won't check!
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    Very nice app! But I seem to have one problem - the "save to SD card" check box won't check!
    It's disabled in this release.
    One quick question, what's the average memory usage per second of record time?

C
    great app its much better than what i expected well done
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRife
    I just released SoundRec v1.0 on my web site at http://www.infinityball.com/. This version doesn't have anything fancy to it, just a simple voice memo recorder. It requires that your Treo 600 phone be updated with the latest firmware that supports recording sound. I plan to add the ability to adjust the volume levels, sound quality level, and export the audio as WAV to the SD card in the very near future.....as soon as I fix some bugs in MovieRec. Later.
    Sweet! I just downloaded and installed it (v1.01) but haven't got a chance to try it out yet. Like the others here, I'm looking forward to the future updates (memo naming, export to WAV).

I also sent you a donation via PayPal.

Keep up the great work and thanks again!
    Another suggestion is to be able to not only use the devices microphone for recording, but also the mic in the Seidio 2 in 1 Headset, if the headset is plugged in and the headset's button is in the 'Phone' position.
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by controller
    One quick question, what's the average memory usage per second of record time?

C

I think I've got it set to 30kpbs audio....you'll be able to adjust the audio quality settings in the next release. Later.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by experiment626
    Another suggestion is to be able to not only use the devices microphone for recording, but also the mic in the Seidio 2 in 1 Headset, if the headset is plugged in and the headset's button is in the 'Phone' position.

I don't have much control over where the audio comes from.....I haven't tried a headset yet but I'm assuming it only records from the mic on the bottom of the phone. Later.
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast