Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    I posted a new verion of SoundRec (now v1.01) on my web site. It fixes a bug that would cause the audio data to become corrupt if the application lost focus while recording. I should have another version released within the next couple of days. Later.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by ComicMasta
    Ryan,

SoundRec is Great Simple Interface, easy to use.

Possible Future Evolutions ...
    Would it be possible to record a call if launched during a call. It its current form, only my side of the conversation is captured.

Also, cosmeticly it would be nice to have some kind of timmer visible while recording, just so you know how long its been recording.

Thanks for the great app. It has already earned a harkey position on my Treo.
    Both of your ideas are possible and I'll try to get them in a future release (if not the next one). Later.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    AWESOME RYAN!!
    Only thing is, I am not able to check the box to save to external card--soft reset doesn't solve issue either. Any ideas?
    Ryan - GREAT WORK!

Can you add some sort of volume controls as a feature soon? The playback is a little to loud for my taste, and I think the microphone gain might be set a bit to high as it records a lot of background noise on top of my voice..

But seriously, excellent work!
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Thanks for a great app Ryan! I commend you on turning out these useful applications is no time.

I'm sure you're already looking into it but I did notice that I was also unable to check the "save to SD card" option as well.

-Keep up the good work!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Awesome, just what I was looking for. Just one more request (if it's easy to add) -how about a short beep when recording starts and stops (to give you some feedback when trying to record a memo while driving).

Thanks!
    Ryan mentioned that saving to SD card will be available down the road - so I imagine that the checkbox is there as a placeholder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin
    Ryan mentioned that saving to SD card will be available down the road - so I imagine that the checkbox is there as a placeholder.
    Thanks!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRife
    It's Ryan, but ok. You can do very quick recordings.....it may not look like it but the application supports the 5-way navigator, when the application launches if you press the center button it'll start recording, center button again to stop, etc...pressing a direction will change the focus, just like in any other Treo app. Later.

Ryan,

It would be great if you could have the focus ring on record when sound rec is launched. Just so that it is clear what you are doing.

cant wait for the ability to export to wav or mpg and the ability to save to sd.

is the available memory the only limitation?

how about an option to start recording once sound rec is launched?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by wachie
    AWESOME RYAN!!
    Only thing is, I am not able to check the box to save to external card--soft reset doesn't solve issue either. Any ideas?

That was a work in progress when I found the bug that caused the data to be corrupt.....so I disabled the feature and released v1.01 with the bug fix. In the next release you'll be able to save to the SD card. Later.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin
    Good idea, i'll try to do that. Later.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    Ryan,

It would be great if you could have the focus ring on record when sound rec is launched. Just so that it is clear what you are doing.

cant wait for the ability to export to wav or mpg and the ability to save to sd.

is the available memory the only limitation?

how about an option to start recording once sound rec is launched?

Yes memory is the only recording length limitation. As for the focus ring, the sdk doesn't give a good was to force the ring....I can set focus, which is suppose to move the ring, but it doesn't for some reason....if any developers know how to fix this let me know. Later.
    Ryan, Awesome job on MovieRec and SoundRec. With regards to SD speeds, I don't know if you've had a chance to play with them, but the speeds are greatly improved on the SanDisk Ultra II series cards. A couple of months ago I tried a speed test with MovieRec, and it seemed to be getting about 10+fps to my 512 MB card, and around the 2-3 fps on my slower 256MB PNY card.

Just wanted to point this (perhaps obvious) fact out, so that SD related features don't get discounted, since not all SD cards perform the same, and the Treo itself does not appear to be the only speed limiting factor.

--Jeff
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeden
    Ryan, Awesome job on MovieRec and SoundRec. With regards to SD speeds, I don't know if you've had a chance to play with them, but the speeds are greatly improved on the SanDisk Ultra II series cards. A couple of months ago I tried a speed test with MovieRec, and it seemed to be getting about 10+fps to my 512 MB card, and around the 2-3 fps on my slower 256MB PNY card.

Just wanted to point this (perhaps obvious) fact out, so that SD related features don't get discounted, since not all SD cards perform the same, and the Treo itself does not appear to be the only speed limiting factor.

--Jeff
    That's interesting....I havne't tried the Ultra 2 cards yet. I did however test about 20 different SD/MMC cards on a few different Palm OS devices using VFS mark and they all appear to return similar results...even the ones that say "high speed". Later.
    Quote Originally Posted by ComicMasta

Would it be possible to record a call if launched during a call. It its current form, only my side of the conversation is captured.
    If I launch Soundrec during a call (to voicemail, anyway) it records both sides of the conversation just fine, but plugging the headset in (I make 95% of my calls with a headset anyway, so this is not a problem) makes things much more clear. The only issue is that if I'm talking my side tends to drown out the phone side unless the call volume is set to max.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC
    If I launch Soundrec during a call (to voicemail, anyway) it records both sides of the conversation just fine, but plugging the headset in (I make 95% of my calls with a headset anyway, so this is not a problem) makes things much more clear. The only issue is that if I'm talking my side tends to drown out the phone side unless the call volume is set to max.

That's good to know....once I get the volume control in you'll be able to adjust the recording levels so that you may be able to make clearer recordings. Were you on speakerphone?? I can't record both sides unless I've got the speaker phone turned way up.
    That dosn't work for me eather. I think that the mike is just picking up whats coming out of the spearker. (eather because u r using speakerphone, or because the volume is set to max and u r in a very quite room.)

I hope that in the future this can be enabled to record "inside" the phone, not through the air. Throuh the air is not very reliable due to ambiant noise, imagine a mall or stadium or some such.
    Donations on the way. . . thanks for the hard work, just please keep it simple for us that just want a quick and easy to use voice recorder.
    A lot of good ideas coming up in this forum...

DELETE 'button' down by RECORD AND PLAY
    A timer would be ok, but more importantly, amt of memory left on phone
    Ability to TITLE a message for quick reference later

Thanks for the simple interface and even more simple download / install prompts... much better than the average download and install.
    I'll be making a donation!
    Ryan,

I just mad a donation for SoundRec. I don't want you to feel as if we don't appreceate your work and are just nagging for more more more Thanks for th great App.
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast