Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516 LastLast
  1. uru
    I don't have a treo 600 but can someone tell me what MovieRec is capable of doing. Can it record good video and audio from 5 feet away? Like if I was having a conversation with someone would it be able to pick up their voice pretty clearly??
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    It does the same things a camcorder does, so yes to both your questions
    Just successfully finished the Sprint 1.2 update. Soundrec and Movierec were my first two apps and they are awesome. My now fiancee despises my T600 obsession even more.

Anyway, one comment on Soundrec with OBR enabled. This could be related to the 'power off' issues mentioned previously in the thread, but it's different enough that I wanted to post it here for comment. When OBR is enabled and I'm on a phone call, I cannot use the left (phone) button to switch to another application, particularly contacts. For me I usally get to contactsby pressing the phone hard button--to bring up the keypad screen--then 5-way down.

Regardless of which screen is shown (keypad or call info), when I press the phone hard key, it seems like the key is actually being registered twice by the OS because the other screen is brought up for a split-second and then switches to back to the first a second later.

I do have a 2 work-arounds, I can use my "Colauncher hotbutton-C" to go to the contacts app or use the dialpad soft button on the call info screen to brind up the dial pad (which doesn't allow you to press 5way-down for contacts, but pressing the phone hard button cycles the call info screen and back to the dial pad--at which point the 5-way shortcuts work again--very weird).

I know others have requested that some other button should be the hot-key for OBR. I wouldn't use R since it is also the #2 and some poeple use the keypad to enter info while on a call. Any other hotkey or letter (or even a user definable solution) would be great.

Thanks and keep up the good work.
    Just realized this conflict has already been reported on the Infinityball discussion forum. I should have checked there before posting here. Oh well. It should still help others who only read this site.

Happy Independence Day weekend for those in the US (and Canada I think)
    I just came back from a 6 day backpacking trip to Cedar Lakes in the Adirondacks Wilderness. I got this beautiful recording of Loon calls with SoundRec from a canoe in the lake. How do I email it to my friends? If it's possible and you want to hear it, email me your addr.
    You know, I can't believe this is finally here regarding voice memo. I've been checking back to this forum for over a year straight, always with the same bad news, and today decided to go to the old link thinking the voice memo would never happen, and found a dead link, did a search found this app, and I am simply blown away not only that I NOW FINALLY have voice memo, but also blown away by the sound quality unrivaled hands down by any of the crappy voice memo recorders out there. This is a miracle indeed that all of this happened so quick. I'm simply flabbergasted that they finally added the ability for you wonderful gentleman to write your software around. This was the missing link to the perfect PDA Phone. Bravo, bravo!!!!
    I am getting a reset on my Treo 650 when using "one button" on Soundrec. Any ideas why?
    Don't know if it even works properly on the T650.
    I never got "one button" to work on the 650 and it won't record to anything but internal memory. I don't think it's being maintained/dev'd anymore, so I finally switched to another app. See the thread on Voice Memo at http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&page=3&pp=20 (bottom of page). That's been working fine.
    Yeah, it's not fully compatible with the 650.
    What ever happened to Ryan ?
    Last I heard he passed his work down to someone else.
    Put's MovieRec and SoundRec in limbo ?
    I am trying out sound rec (1.07d) on my Cingular Treo 650 - and I can't figure out which button to use as button one in one button recording - I tried the phone buttons, neither worked. If I can get this to work, and it sounds good in the car, it'll be great!
    I think version 1.04 worked ok on the 650.
    version 1.04 does work on the 650 - it records sounds way better than the built in videocamera. i don't have it set up to do one touch recording tho...
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdfairchild
    version 1.04 does work on the 650 - it records sounds way better than the built in videocamera. i don't have it set up to do one touch recording tho...
    Where do I get version 1.04? His site only has 1.05 and 1.07d I think. I was using 1.07b which seemed to work before the update and now it causes constant resets.

I just loaded 1.07d and it sounds choppy and awful when recording directly to my expansion card. Recording to the Treo internal memory sounds fine, but I used to use this to record fine on my 600 to my card. Also, I have been trying Voice Memo from Palm and it records direct to the card but for some reason the buttons on screen (stop especially) don't respond so easilly so I get recordings recording for at least 3 extra seconds, which is annoying.
    Last edited by TheTreoGuy; 06/19/2005 at 11:18 AM.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    Where do I get version 1.04? His site only has 1.05 and 1.07d I think. I was using 1.07b which seemed to work before the update and now it causes constant resets.

I just loaded 1.07d and it sounds choppy and awful when recording directly to my expansion card. Recording to the Treo internal memory sounds fine, but I used to use this to record fine on my 600 to my card. Also, I have been trying Voice Memo from Palm and it records direct to the card but for some reason the buttons on screen (stop especially) don't respond so easilly so I get recordings recording for at least 3 extra seconds, which is annoying.
    Version 1.07d is still working fine for me after the update.
    Try re-installing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    I just loaded 1.07d and it sounds choppy and awful when recording directly to my expansion card. Recording to the Treo internal memory sounds fine, but I used to use this to record fine on my 600 to my card.
    Hi again, TreoGuy!

I experienced the same thing as you did with SoundRec, sounds fine recording internally, but very choppy/unintelligible when recording to the SD card. Did some experimenting and ended up changing the Sound Quality to a lower khz.

Press the Menu button, choose Options > Recording Prefs, and then set the Sound Quality lower, like to 12 khz. Sounds much better!

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    Quote Originally Posted by tanster
    Hi again, TreoGuy!

I experienced the same thing as you did with SoundRec, sounds fine recording internally, but very choppy/unintelligible when recording to the SD card. Did some experimenting and ended up changing the Sound Quality to a lower khz.

Press the Menu button, choose Options > Recording Prefs, and then set the Sound Quality lower, like to 12 khz. Sounds much better!

Tanster:
    Once again, you are right. I had to lower it to 10khz for it to work without being choppy when recording direct to my 2gb SD card (not ultra II). Have you tried Voice Memo? Do you have the same issues I had with that with the buttons not reacting promptly?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA