Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516 LastLast
    It would be so helpful if Chiru added a "Delete" button to the bottom of the SoundRec screen. So that there would be 3 buttons: "Play", "Record" and "Delete". Then it would be very easy to use SoundRec with one hand. Often times I delete my recordings while driving. It's a pain to use the menu to delete recordings. And there is plenty of room for another button at the bottom of the screen. Does anyone agree? I made this suggestion to Chiru.
    Quote Originally Posted by mharpen
    It would be so helpful if Chiru added a "Delete" button to the bottom of the SoundRec screen. So that there would be 3 buttons: "Play", "Record" and "Delete". Then it would be very easy to use SoundRec with one hand. Often times I delete my recordings while driving. It's a pain to use the menu to delete recordings. And there is plenty of room for another button at the bottom of the screen. Does anyone agree? I made this suggestion to Chiru.
    If you've already made this suggestion to Chiru, then I'd be careful in 'rallying the troops' to second the suggestion - it may come across like you're inciting others to pressure Chiru.

I'm sure that wasn't your intent (and, by the way, I think it's a pretty good idea); I just don't want Chiru and Ryan to feel pressured in any way - it is, after all, a free product.
    Yeah, the delete button alongside the play and record buttons would be nice.

Also, I would prefer the latest recording to be on the top and selected by default. This could also be an option under Preferences to let people customize their sort.
    Treo 600 GSM
    Comment on being careful, well taken Bujin. I was very thankful in my email, and I agree with you, I don't want to have him think that we are anything but tremenously appreciative of his great efforts and contribution. Thanks for pointing that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiru
    Though your question is about MovieRec, I will answer it here as it has something to do with SoundRec.

I have been spending most of the time I could get to work on SoundRec and its been a while since I visited MovieRec conversion program. Once we find that SoundRec is stable, I will start working on MovieRec conversion and will make it open source so that others can work on it too.

-chiru
    Thanks. Yes I did mean MovieRec for the Mac, sorry.
    Be waiting!
    Quote Originally Posted by mharpen
    I added your request to the list of Feature Request for SoundRec. What you are asking is not difficult to do.. so you can expect it to be in the next release. ;-)

-chiru
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin
    If you've already made this suggestion to Chiru, then I'd be careful in 'rallying the troops' to second the suggestion - it may come across like you're inciting others to pressure Chiru.

I'm sure that wasn't your intent (and, by the way, I think it's a pretty good idea); I just don't want Chiru and Ryan to feel pressured in any way - it is, after all, a free product.
    Thanks Bujin :-) for stepping in.

Please feel free to make requests. It helps us to get an idea of the user requirements. But also keep in mind that it would be implemented based on the time available for both Ryan and me to work on SoundRec.

-chiru
    Awesome and quick response, Chiru! Thank you! I just made a donation! Best regards!
    I have a request for SoundRec to also play through the earphone jack.This is useful when the I am driving and my Treo is plugged into my "car kit" so I can hear SoundRec through the car speakers. Is that possible Ryan, Chiru?

Thanks for a great utility.
    how about using the KB without having to use menu first?

r=record
    p=play
    d=delete

Snapper does this quite nice.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I am convinced that the problem "I" have with the "beep" not sounding when "starting/stopping" a recording has NOTHING to do with Soundrec.

But I have tried everything, including doing a hard reset and only "restoring soundrec" from backupman - and still can't get this to work.

My question for you: What "sound" are you triggering when starting/stopping the recording? Is it the "BEEP" listed under "tones" Or under the Sounds application?

Or is this an internal call of some sort (system.beep())?

Thanks much. I have a suspicion that something is either broke or has turned off the system beep - but I can't figure out how to set it back on.

Thanks again for a GREAT program.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruising

My question for you: What "sound" are you triggering when starting/stopping the recording? Is it the "BEEP" listed under "tones" Or under the Sounds application?

Or is this an internal call of some sort (system.beep())?

The application uses SndPlaySystemSound(sndConfirmation), which means it is using the system sound. Make sure you have System MIDI Sound file on your Treo600.

-chiru
    The application uses SndPlaySystemSound(sndConfirmation), which means it is using the system sound. Make sure you have System MIDI Sound file on your Treo600.

-chiru
    What is the filename? Is there somewhere (or someone) that can post the correct version (or latest) of this file. I seem to remember playing with some of the ringtone 3rd party software and maybe they hosed. me.

So if you could share the file name and possibly the file itself - that would be awesome.
    Great program! Nice, simple user interface and pleasant. And great to know the developer actually listens to user feedback.

One other suggestion:

If start/rec and stop/rec in one touch recording had different audible beeps that would be great! Right now I don't know if it is recording or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by zackz
    Great program! Nice, simple user interface and pleasant. And great to know the developer actually listens to user feedback.

One other suggestion:

If start/rec and stop/rec in one touch recording had different audible beeps that would be great! Right now I don't know if it is recording or not.
    Initially our plan was to have a single beep while starting the one button recording and two beeps while stopping the one button recording. We thought of going the easier route so that we can get this out sooner :-). We will put it in the next release.

-chiru
    I like the one button record, but using the Phone button conflicts with TakePhone it seems. Can you add an option to pick a button? I might use a 'R' + hold to record.
    Initially our plan was to have a single beep while starting the one button recording and two beeps while stopping the one button recording. We thought of going the easier route so that we can get this out sooner :-). We will put it in the next release.

-chiru
    That'll be perfect!
    I am trying to download the latest version, but when I click on the link shown, it goes to MovieRec instead of soundrec?? Can someone point me to the correct link.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Hi Chiru. I think the one-button record is awesome. However, I keep my "system sounds" off so that hotsync is a little faster, etc. It would be nice if your beep didn't fall under system sounds. I would love to have the beep, but hate to turn system sounds on. Thanks!